Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericmopar

Apparently Navel Battle Stars Can't Be Earned in Operations.

24 comments in this topic

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles

I've recently started to play operations once in awhile, but I noticed that the XP and ribbons don't count in Navel Battles. WG will happily use up those "Attempts" in Navel Battles however, without explaining this.

How was I supposed to know? If you pick operations while in Navel Battles, it neither disables Navel Battles while doing operations, or warns me in game of what will happen.

It just happily uses up your attempts in Navel Battles for no good reason.

Edited by Ericmopar
  • Funny 1

Members
4,362 posts
11,269 battles

Ops don’t count but they’re not supposed to count attempts for non-eligible modes, so I’d suggest submitting a bug report (I’ve seen other players reporting similar things with attempts getting consumed but not counting results recently too)

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
2 hours ago, Ericmopar said:

I've recently started to play operations once in awhile, but I noticed that the XP and ribbons don't count in Navel Battles. WG will happily use up those "Attempts" in Navel Battles however, without explaining this.

How was I supposed to know? If you pick operations while in Navel Battles, it neither disables Navel Battles while doing operations, or warns me in game of what will happen.

Try reading the original article on Naval Battles on the main web site.  Reading is OP.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

FYI - The OP is saying that even though Operations don't count for Naval Battles - IT USED HIS ATTEMPTS.  If this is correct then this is a bug.

Yes, reading certainly is OP, as a few of the above posters have stated while falling victim to it themselves .  Shame.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
12 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

FYI - The OP is saying that even though Operations don't count for Naval Battles - IT USED HIS ATTEMPTS.  If this is correct then this is a bug.

Yes, reading certainly is OP, as a few of the above posters have stated while falling victim to it themselves .  Shame.

Try reading my quoted copy of his OP, rather than his edited version of it.  His true OP was rather vague.  It was talking about why weren't stars not collected in Operations, how was he supposed to know that they weren't, and so forth. 

So, yes, reading is OP, and you should try it.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,258 posts
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Try reading the original article on Naval Battles on the main web site.  Reading is OP.

Try wiping that brown off your nose, it looks bad.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
5 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Try wiping that brown off your nose, it looks bad.

Yeah, because pointing out that WG told everyone all this info in the naval battles article is brown nosing.  Jeez.  Some people are lazy.  And some worship laziness rather than just reading the articles that tell you all this stuff right up front.  Pathetic.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
552 posts
10,276 battles

AFAICT operations games do not count against attempts. I go to the naval battles tab and it lists my 10 battles. The two narai games I did in amongst [edit:as in "in between", I played 12 games total] those 10 are not listed as attempts)

Edited by evanr1940
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Yeah, because pointing out that WG told everyone all this info in the naval battles article is brown nosing.  Jeez.  Some people are lazy.  And some worship laziness rather than just reading the articles that tell you all this stuff right up front.  Pathetic.

Does it explain this in the in-game Naval Battles information?  There's a part that talks about the event rules.

Does all this surprise anyone?  This is the same company that said they're throwing PVE under the bus.

Related image

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
46 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Does it explain this in the in-game Naval Battles information?  There's a part that talks about the event rules.

Does all this surprise anyone?  This is the same company that said they're throwing PVE under the bus.

Related image

From the Naval Battles article:  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/naval-battle-clans-competition/

Engagement

from Friday till Sunday

On Friday the Preparation stage ends and the Engagement begins! Clans from all servers which have completed the combat mission will compete in a Clan vs. Clan format from Friday till Sunday.

• Clan members will receive access to a special table at the beginning of the Engagement. The table will display ships by type and nation, with 19 categories in total.
  • A chain of combat missions is available for each category. The requirement is the same for all missions: earn the specified amount of base XP per battle.

The missions can be completed on ships of any tier in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles.

Read the final sentence in the quoted portion of the article above.  ----^

Haze, the problem with allowing Operations to count in Naval Battles is that Operations are very different from regular Randoms, Coop, or Ranked Battles.  If you were in a week where the scoring metric was damage, it's possible to easily do some outrageous amounts of damage in some operations like Narai.  And the same would be true of ribbons.  And for weeks where the metric was base XP, the amount of Base XP you earn in operations has a lot to do with how many stars your team earned in the Operation, or if they won at all.  And in Ops where you lose, the amount of BXP is VERY much lower than in regular Random battles, even if you had an outstanding game otherwise.

So, no, I don't think that Operations are well balanced at all for use in Naval Battles, and see nothing wrong with their not being included in NB's.

That said, you're not entirely wrong to say that PVE is being thrown under the proverbial bus by WG, but that's a separate issue to me.

As a related aside, I think that if WG wanted to think a little outside the box, they could develop another form of Naval Battles that was for Operations only, and could be based on BXP, damage, or ribbons.  The only thing would be that Naval Battles for that week could only be done in Naval Battles.  In this way, everybody would be competing on an even playing field.  And perhaps it should only be allowed for the Operation of the Week, so that everybody was competing in the same operation, since some ops are more difficult than others.  One point that some will note here is that this would limit Naval Battles for that week to being played at a single tier, to which I say, so what.    You don't like playing tier 6?  You don't have to participate.  I will say though that it might get a little boring having to fight the same operation 10 times over the weekend, but it could be worse.    Also, others might note that if the Op of the week was tier 7, this would remove CVs from NBs for that week.  Again, so what?  I'm not saying this as someone who hates CVs.  I'm just noting that it would affect everybody equally.  

Anyways, just a thought.

• Confused 1

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles
7 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Ops don’t count but they’re not supposed to count attempts for non-eligible modes, so I’d suggest submitting a bug report (I’ve seen other players reporting similar things with attempts getting consumed but not counting results recently too)

Yeah I've had problems with Co-op where I met the base XP needed in Co-op, but it doesn't give me the star sometimes in navel battles, even though I beat the bar by 100 or more base XP.
Then I can play the same ship again and get the star the next time around...

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles
1 hour ago, evanr1940 said:

AFAICT operations games do not count against attempts. I go to the naval battles tab and it lists my 10 battles. The two narai games I did in amongst those 10 are not listed as attempts)

Well it happened to me last night. Nari used up one attempt in the Atlanta, in which I got about 450 base XP. Before Nari I had two attempts left, after only one, and no credit for a star. The mode definitely used up an attempt.

In any case it's not my fault, it's a bug that apparently sometimes raises it's head and the Navel Battles attempt should never have been used up I now know.

Edited by Ericmopar

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

From the Naval Battles article:  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/naval-battle-clans-competition/

Haze, the problem with allowing Operations to count in Naval Battles is that Operations are very different from regular Randoms, Coop, or Ranked Battles.  If you were in a week where the scoring metric was damage, it's possible to easily do some outrageous amounts of damage in some operations like Narai.  And the same would be true of ribbons.  And for weeks where the metric was base XP, the amount of Base XP you earn in operations has a lot to do with how many stars your team earned in the Operation, or if they won at all.  And in Ops where you lose, the amount of BXP is VERY much lower than in regular Random battles, even if you had an outstanding game otherwise.

So, no, I don't think that Operations are well balanced at all for use in Naval Battles, and see nothing wrong with their not being included in NB's.

To me that doesn't matter, because anyone else with the proper tier ships can play the same mode anyways.

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

Try reading my quoted copy of his OP, rather than his edited version of it.  His true OP was rather vague.  It was talking about why weren't stars not collected in Operations, how was he supposed to know that they weren't, and so forth. 

Ah I didn't edit that post to be right, it would have been within minutes of the original post to correct typos etc I missed before.
So take your tinfoil hat somewhere else.:Smile_teethhappy:

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

I did read the post you quoted and I understood it differently.  You are totally focused on the idea that he didnt know that operations didnt count, making post after post about it.  I dont think anyones really arguing with you but since you went all "omg someone didnt know something so I have to call them out on it", now you wont let it go, even though the OP didnt really dwell on that much.

I read his post and got past that point and looked at a real problem...that if naval battles are enabled, attempts are used for operations that dont count.  I agree they should not count, but attempts should never be deducted from a game mode that doesn't work for it.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I did read the post you quoted and I understood it differently.  You are totally focused on the idea that he didnt know that operations didnt count, making post after post about it.  I dont think anyones really arguing with you but since you went all "omg someone didnt know something so I have to call them out on it", now you wont let it go, even though the OP didnt really dwell on that much.

I read his post and got past that point and looked at a real problem...that if naval battles are enabled, attempts are used for operations that dont count.  I agree they should not count, but attempts should never be deducted from a game mode that doesn't work for it.

And I didn't care about that part of his post.  I cared about the part of his post that was related to the thread's title.  And nothing more.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
45 minutes ago, Ericmopar said:

To me that doesn't matter, because anyone else with the proper tier ships can play the same mode anyways.

Heaven forbid that the Naval Battles rules that WG provided get actually used.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Heaven forbid that the Naval Battles rules that WG provided get actually used.

Eat a snickers.  You are trying way too hard here to be a jerk for no real reason.  He was stating an opinion in response to a post that you made....

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
3 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Eat a snickers.  You are trying way too hard here to be a jerk for no real reason.  He was stating an opinion in response to a post that you made....

No, the OP was being jerk in saying "how am I supposed to know this?".  I pointed out what you, me, or anyone else should know.  Read the damned rules.   Facts don't give a good god damn about your feelings.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, the OP was being jerk in saying "how am I supposed to know this?".  I pointed out what you, me, or anyone else should know.  Read the damned rules.   Facts don't give a good god damn about your feelings.

So now you care about the rest of what he said, so let's look at ALL of what he said there.

13 hours ago, Ericmopar said:

How was I supposed to know?
If you pick operations while in Navel Battles, it neither disables Navel Battles while doing operations, or warns me in game of what will happen.

I'll even bold it for you.....

He is not complaining about Operations not counting.  He ask asking "How was I supposed to know" in regards to Naval Battles still take attempts away if it is enabled while you play an operation.

This will be my final post on the matter/this thread, because you are either trolling or desperately trying to hide the fact that you misread the post and can't accept it.  Either way, I'm done and I think the Op got what he needed.

Good day.

[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,898 battles
7 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

So now you care about the rest of what he said, so let's look at ALL of what he said there.

I'll even bold it for you.....

He is not complaining about Operations not counting.  He ask asking "How was I supposed to know" in regards to Naval Battles still take attempts away if it is enabled while you play an operation.

This will be my final post on the matter/this thread, because you are either trolling or desperately trying to hide the fact that you misread the post and can't accept it.  Either way, I'm done and I think the Op got what he needed.

Good day.

You can twist this up to look like the pretzel from hell, and it won't change the fact that he was too damned lazy to check out the article describing the rules on Naval Battles.  And YOU are desperately trying to get yourself out of the fact that you're defending the indefensible with your foolish posts.

[VN]
Members
227 posts
5,466 battles
On 9/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, Crucis said:

I did look up the game rules for Operations, but it's not stated in the text I found. period.
It might be out there somewhere, but not in the particular info I was able to find.

Also, the main point is that the Navel Battle attempts should be automatically disabled when Ops are chosen.

I also stick to my comment, about not caring if ops count in Navel Battles or not.
Anyone with the proper tier ships could gain ribbons or XP via ops, so why is it WG doesn't include ops with Co-op and Randoms? It really doesn't make any sense.

I'm going to be blunt Crucis, you act exactly like my drunken father, everybody is wrong but you and you have a stalker like tendancy, to keep on with the negative nastiness, trying to prove your superiority..

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this