Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

The main reason people delete this game...ANSWERED, rebooted

51 comments in this topic

[KW]
Banned
623 posts

The match making.

Its that simple.

.Current MM= 1 or 2 competent players and the rest noobs or passives on one side and the reds have mostly competent players on the their side.

It doesn't matter how many new ships and gimmicks get thrown our way if the MM sucks.

FIX = match making is based off of a players average earned base exp

HOW FIXED = puts like minded players together 

The desires of a player be it casual, semi-competative or competitive ect are closely tied to the players "average earned base experience" or E/B

I know this will upset some of the 4 year clans that don't care about randoms or ranked because it lowers their win rate but the rest of us do. We want to enjoy making new clans and have fun with the game, long term. You guys have your clan battles and LOVE it. Why, because it puts you together with like minded players. You wont touch randoms though very rarely even in divs. Why should the rest of us suffer with this matchmaking.

Earlier this spring I recruited 2 of my co-workers to wows and they loved it. We would talk about it all time during breaks. The match making wore them down though. I tried to encourage them with "git gud methods"  but their argument was like mine. What can I do? Now they got their heads into other games "never to return it seems" and are even trying to recruit me off wows.

The match making needs to "git gud"

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,312 battles
16 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

So how does that work for a person with 1 game in a ship that did well on xp yet lost the match.

Your solution solves nothing.  When you see teams full of purples, it does not mean you are going to win, and the same goes if you see a team full of reds, it does not mean you are going to loose.

19 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Earlier this spring I recruited 2 of my co-workers to wows and they loved it. We would talk about it all time during breaks. The match making wore them down though.

It was the lack of them learning the game and becoming proficient at it what drove them away most likely, blaming the MM is simply not a good enough reason, but generally people like to find excuses for other areas in which they lack.

21 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

I know this will upset some of the 4 year clans that don't care about randoms or ranked because it lowers their win rate but the rest of us do. We want to enjoy making new clans and have fun with the game.

MM won't change a thing, and instead of blaming the MM, how about blaming those players that are making up the balance of the red side of stats, how about asking them? 

Why can't they learn a simple game?

Why don't they learn how to play the ships they are playing?

MM is worked on ship tier and it is working perfectly fine, complaining, or saying people are leaving because of the MM is plain dumb.

Do you think a player in an NC that has over 100 games, a 20% wr in that ship, and does 27k av damage, should maybe go back and learn how to play a BB properly.

Players need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming MM when it does not suit them.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,422 battles

^^^^^ everything that Crimanal stated. Nasty lose the match maker monitor and quit whining for any type of skill based MM.

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
15 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

^^^^^ everything that Crimanal stated. Nasty lose the match maker monitor and quit whining for any type of skill based MM.

I dont use mods and mm needs to change like it or not.

• Boring 4

[O_O]
Members
6,431 posts
15,317 battles

I don't see the problem with MM.  Really, I don't.

Sometimes my team gets steam rolled, sometimes my team does the steam rolling.  But, MANY times I get a close game where only a few ships remain on the winning team.

Just like bottom tier games, our minds remember steam roll losses more easily than good games.  That doesn't make them more common...just more remembered.

For example, a couple of years ago the rants about T8 MM were everywhere..."Tier 8 ALWAYS faces tier 10!", they said.  I kind of thought the same thing, and began keeping track of my T8 games to prove it.  700 T8 games later, I found I was facing T10 ships 40% of the time.  Whoops.  Widely accepted theory debunked.

I don't think I am going to do it at this point, but it would be interesting to see someone's results on a record of landslide losses/victories.

Edited by desmo_2

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,245 battles

1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

The match making.

Its that simple.

.Current MM= 1 or 2 competent players and the rest noobs or passives on one side and the reds have mostly competent players on the their side.

It doesn't matter how many new ships and gimmicks get thrown our way if the MM sucks.

HOW FIXED = puts like minded players together 

I know this will upset some of the 4 year clans that don't care about randoms or ranked because it lowers their win rate but the rest of us do. We want to enjoy making new clans and have fun with the game, long term. You guys have your clan battles and LOVE it. Why, because it puts you together with like minded players. You wont touch randoms though very rarely even in divs. Why should the rest of us suffer with this matchmaking.

Earlier this spring I recruited 2 of my co-workers to wows and they loved it. We would talk about it all time during breaks. The match making wore them down though. I tried to encourage them with "git gud methods"  but their argument was like mine. What can I do? Now they got their heads into other games "never to return it seems" and are even trying to recruit me off wows.

The match making needs to "git gud"

You needed to cry about this again?  MM is fine and you aren't going to make it better.  You are going to lose around 50% of your matches.  Get used to it.  Also stop making up facts.  You have no data at all to prove the main reason for people quitting the game.  If you don't like the game just leave and stop stressing yourself out.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,422 battles
14 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

A MMM is not necessarily a modification to the game but rather an outside program used to show one the stats of others. They are garbage and a plague on the user and others. You would have no idea how any other player was doing without using one or checking their stats by other means after the battle,

No MM does not need to consider anything other than what it does now. Ship type and tier. If there are other games available with a so called skill based MM then perhaps you should play them.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,312 battles
9 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

My friends quit and are quitting and moving on to other games because they cant tolerate the match making 

So in other words your friends were not purple players who could deal with the teams MM gave them.

Members
2,424 posts
5,359 battles

MM is not the problem, its the player. I am generally a 95% solo random player and hover between 57-58% win loss ratio. 

Learn to get better at the game. 

When i see players in light cruisers and they charge straight up into battle like they are a BB with 100k+ HP to tank, well sometimes i wonder.

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,245 battles
23 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

My friends quit and are quitting and moving on to other games because they cant tolerate the match making 

Shall I get them to send you an email for your data.

Or maybe it's just your processor 

2 out of thousands of people is not reliable data.  Even if you have both teams with the same percentage of wins on each side there will still be a lot of matches that are one sided.  Mistakes are punished in this game.  If 1 or 2 ships make a mistake and die fast it can cause a chain reaction.  A "better" MM will not change that.

Members
88 posts
3,815 battles

Count me as someone who has no issues with current MM.

Others have detailed many of the potential problems with skill-based MM.  For me, one of the big issues would be a loss of the feeling of progression.  I think about level-based RPGs where I get better/stronger, but the enemies also get correspondingly stronger, so as a result I don't FEEL like I'm getting any stronger, and it's unsatisfying.

I like the fact that with the current MM I'm generally playing against the same field in all battles across time.  That way, as I improve, I get better results, and I feel a sense of accomplishment.  I fear that I'd lose that with skill-based MM forcing me toward 50% WR by constantly upping the quality of my opponents.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
43 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I don't see the problem with MM.  Really, I don't.

Sometimes my team gets steam rolled, sometimes my team does the steam rolling.  But, MANY times I get a close game where only a few ships remain on the winning team.

Just like bottom tier games, our minds remember steam roll losses more easily than good games.  That doesn't make them more common...just more remembered.

For example, a couple of years ago the rants about T8 MM were everywhere..."Tier 8 ALWAYS faces tier 10!", they said.  I kind of thought the same thing, and began keeping track of my T8 games to prove it.  700 T8 games later, I found I was facing T10 ships 40% of the time.  Whoops.  Widely accepted theory debunked.

I don't think I am going to do it at this point, but it would be interesting to see someone's results on a record of landslide losses/victories.

Yeah... two perfectly even teams are still going to steamroll the moment the first mistake is made... its annoying to be steamrolled and boring to steamroll the enemy. i live for the nail biting close games but there are too many metrics involved to guarantee a fair fight with mm.

Ive had heaps of games where a team that seemed destined for victory bit the big green sea cucumber and were defeated... mm is not ideal but it seems fair in its doling out of landslides one way or the other.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,152 posts
10,969 battles
2 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

The match making.

Its that simple.

Play Ranked battle.

#RankedSkillBasedMM. 

We have a version of skill based MM in this game and that mode is called Ranked Battle. I urge all skill based MM proponents to try it out. There are three leagues in ranked and you have to earn your way into the next league by winning stars, a measurable progress metric. But I can tell you from experience, despite only the best players making it to the premiere league (R5-1), blowouts still happen. In fact, I think they happen more often because the edge of competition is sharper. which leads me to believe there is something else going on, in premier league the excuse of random poor players loses credibility, and therefore I argue  that lanchester principles apply. to me.. that's cool. because it means real battle principles are being simulated in this game and its a win for WG. 

I love ranked, I really like the challenge in the premier league, that means, I am for skilled based MM. but, every ranked season (not sprints), I also observe an equivalent number of "Ranked hate posts" as the cry for "skill based MM". I also see that most players stop at R10... Therefore I conclude the majority of players don't want skill based MM. And I assume that's because most players don't like the pressure. 

Players are not uninstalling wows because of MM. 

Edited by skillztowin
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,485 posts
1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

You are talking about skill based match making. 

This topic as been gone over about a bazillion times over the years, since about day one of the game. WG said it is not going to happen.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,312 battles

Maybe if the MM is so not fair to one team, weegee should allow re spawns that will cost dubs to do

[TARK]
Members
6,520 posts
2,504 battles

This isnt a game based on a competitive scene. Too many pay2win mechanics in it to add skill based matchmaking.

Plus, it goes against the business strategy of the game.

It wont happen, full stop.

• Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,207 posts
5,634 battles

Well... If you are an experienced player, instead of whine here, you take the lead during a random battle, first minutes propose a plan of battle, instruct others, etc problem solved. 

[TARK]
Members
6,520 posts
2,504 battles

Can we all take a moment to bemoan the fact that the progress in this conversation made yesterday has been deleted and you all are just starting over as though it never happened?

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,256 posts
13 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

This topic as been gone over about a bazillion times over the years, since about day one of the game. WG said it is not going to happen.

Submarines

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,312 battles
4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Can we all take a moment to bemoan the fact that the progress in this conversation made yesterday has been deleted and you all are just starting over as though it never happened?

I am sure this will dissolve into the same as yesterdays thread, but seeing as they had to remake it, I am guessing the first one never sunk in to the OP

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
20 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

5 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Submarines

So true -- the flip-flop on submarines shows that we can never take WG at their word.