You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MajorHavoc

Finish Legendary Upgrade Grind Finally! Now, wth is it?

9 comments in this topic

[-AHOY]
Members
511 posts
24,315 battles

This isn't user error cause this is my 2nd ship I've gotten the personal task done on.  I was a little surprised when I got my first there was no "Congrats" or notification of any kind, but now on my CV, the mod simply isn't even available!  Anyone else experience this?

Edited by MajorHavoc
typo

[STURM]
Members
708 posts
5,739 battles

The unique upgrades for CVs were removed in update 8.0 with the rework.

I honestly thought the missions had gone with them. You didn't happen to screenshot the progress on your mission recently, did you?

Members
4,341 posts
11,204 battles

The cv legendary mods have been inactive since the rework went live in 8.0 while carrier balance was settled and then the legendary mods for midway and Hak would be revisited for tweaking or changing depending on what WG wants the legendary mod playstyle to be. 

Theyre still in your account in your inventory, you just can’t see them on the ships because they’re not currently active on the ships. 

Edit: @Muninn77 your progress on the LM quests was kept (just like it is with line resets) provided you had the carrier before the rework. Not sure if they were assigned for carriers researched after the rework or not, but my guess would be the missions are added as soon as you get the ship regardless of pre or post rework, and the module can be earned but just not mountable until they’re reworked too. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
708 posts
5,739 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Edit: @Muninn77 your progress on the LM quests was kept (just like it is with line resets) provided you had the carrier before the rework. Not sure if they were assigned for carriers researched after the rework or not, but my guess would be they’re still earnable as soon as you get the ship, just not mountable until they’re reworked too. 

Well, that's a bit disappointing. WG really should have made that information clear in-game, but that could apply to almost everything they do.

Thanks for setting me straight on that, I never got either origanal tier 10 CV, so I had no idea what the status of the personal missions were.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts
2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The cv legendary mods have been inactive since the rework went live in 8.0 while carrier balance was settled and then the legendary mods for midway and Hak would be revisited for tweaking or changing depending on what WG wants the legendary mod playstyle to be. 

Theyre still in your account in your inventory, you just can’t see them on the ships because they’re not currently active on the ships. 

Edit: @Muninn77 your progress on the LM quests was kept (just like it is with line resets) provided you had the carrier before the rework. Not sure if they were assigned for carriers researched after the rework or not, but my guess would be the missions are added as soon as you get the ship regardless of pre or post rework, and the module can be earned but just not mountable until they’re reworked too. 

I had the US and IJN ones before the rework, the UK cv came out after the rework, there is no mission for it.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,290 battles

As best I can tell, most legendary upgrades are pretty meh. IMO the value of it all is getting the various tiers on the way to finishing it so you get the 50 premium consumables. Which makes the total lack of any legendary missions for most of the recent ships a bit of a kick in the jibblies.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,312 battles

Send in a support ticket demanding compensation for your troubles

[CS7]
Members
12 posts

Did you ever send in the support ticket for compensation?  I just finished my grind with Midway, and discovered the same issue.  It is in the inventory, so we can sell it for 2.5 million credits.  Will it be reintroduced?  I don't want to sell it if that is a possibility.