Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

Put the thread back--- Yeah, the uninstall one

34 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles

Ha, I was waiting for someone to mention it.

Gold such as this:

SUBS.png

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
14 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

There was more gold in that thread than in all player accounts combined.

I dunno, my clan leader is nicknamed Smaug for a reason.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,155 posts
11,023 battles
10 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Gold such as this:

Give it a rest rabbit, you have been at this all day.. coincidental hit on the credibility that your discussing pvp MM but your clan letters are PVE. 

-MMTroll

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles
30 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Give it a rest rabbit, you have been at this all day.. coincidental hit on the credibility that your discussing pvp MM but your clan letters are PVE. 

-MMTroll

Yep, I really suck at PVP.

*Bonus points for being able to read my clan tag

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

-John Adams

2019-09-28.png

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Companies pay billions to find out what consumers want, folks were giving it away free -- I mean, it's good to listen to what customers want.

• Cool 1

Members
3,379 posts
6,789 battles
10 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Companies pay billions to find out what consumers want, folks were giving it away free -- I mean, it's good to listen to what customers want.

But yet some companies do go out of business as their view was counter to customers view.  Some of the biggest companies have fallen into this trap of thinking the Company KNOWS Best.   Any company worried that the future trends look dim should hire a professional survey team from outside NOT from within as that always causes stats that are biased and skewed.  After the finding...and it must not be some small sample and projected outward...they need to survey ingame as to what players think and reward them for it.  Some meaningful reward like credits or better doubloons.  Then you have to tabulate those surveys with HOW much support or money are these players dishing out.   I have not seen any of this so I guess it doesn't exist. 

Members
3,379 posts
6,789 battles
38 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Gold such as this:

SUBS.png

WOW needs custom selectable MM battles so you can choose which tier or tiers span you want as well as deselect CV and SUB to not be ingame. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles
38 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Honestly this comic is 100% accurate. That idiot deserved to go out that window. 

Now look, I know change is only approved for this game if it's adding new content that can be immediately monetized for short-term gain, but imagine generating new players AND, wait for it...keeping these players as loyal customers!!! These long-term customers would pay out many more times than new money customers. 

How does one do this? By improving the gawd-awful MM we all have to suffer with.

I know it's crazy talk but I don't mind being crazy.

waka waka waka  :Smile_child::cap_haloween:

Edited by Rabbitt81

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles

Now switching gears here...WG, you really need to get a grip on your internet brigade.

Their attempts to end discontent are amateurish at best. The white knights let the former thread get so out of control the only way to salvage it was by deletion, not good.

You may want to consider blocking/banning players or deleting the forum altogether.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,572 battles
1 hour ago, skillztowin said:

We have several members who don't play co-op.... It is just a clan name there pookie.  I would imagine that the WOLF clans are not made up of actual wolves..... Course remind me, what does the TKS name of your clan mean? I mean literally, your clan isn't made up totally of kill stealers is it now?

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles

The PVE clan was formed originally by players that are active on this forum.

A few of us do play mainly PVP but most do not. We are all wonderful individuals.

Many forum regulars should recognize the name Kizarvexis, he is our clan leader and helped countless players with his forum posts. 

Edited by Rabbitt81

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Yep, I really suck at PVP.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

-John Adams

2019-09-28.png

Sorry to say this Rabbit but w/your stats if they put in a skill based MM you would probably be matched w/Unis more often than not...the percentage of over 60% WR players is not that high (especially as a lot of the old ones used to be RTS CV mains that quit after the rework) & in order for them to not have to wait all night or to have less than 12 players you would probably be pulled in for filler in their matches quite often...especially on the weekends when there's less regular players (aka most of the Unis) that avoid weekend play so as not to have to carry so hard to keep their stats up...all the newer players & potatoes (like me) would be grouped together while you would be yanked into the top players leagues all the time.

Unless you want to be grouped w/more skilled players...then a skilled based MM would probably be good for you.

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

There was more gold in that thread than in all player accounts combined.

Dang...I saw that thread earlier but got sidetracked IRL & it was gone before I got to check it out.

Sounds like it was a good 1.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Sorry to say this Rabbit but w/your stats if they put in a skill based MM you would probably be matched w/Unis more often than not...the percentage of over 60% WR players is not that high (especially as a lot of the old ones used to be RTS CV mains that quit after the rework) & in order for them to not have to wait all night or to have less than 12 players you would probably be pulled in for filler in their matches quite often...especially on the weekends when there's less regular players (aka most of the Unis) that avoid weekend play so as not to have to carry so hard to keep their stats up...all the newer players & potatoes (like me) would be grouped together while you would be yanked into the top players leagues all the time.

Unless you want to be grouped w/more skilled players...then a skilled based MM would probably be good for you.

I do not mind a challenge. Anything that improves upon the repeating pattern of one-sided matches-either win or lose-that we have now is fine with me. 

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Dang...I saw that thread earlier but got sidetracked IRL & it was gone before I got to check it out.

Sounds like it was a good 1.

Yep you missed out. It was up to something like 3,000 plus views and 17 pages of comments in about a 4 hour period. 

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
1 minute ago, Rabbitt81 said:

I do not mind a challenge. Anything that improves upon the repeating pattern of one-sided matches-either win or lose-that we have now is fine with me. 

LWM had an analogy about how many of the KOTS battles are steamrolls.

Even w/a team of skilled players once the scale tips too far it's very hard to tip it back the other way.

A lot of those 1 sided matches aren't the result of better players on the winning team as opposed to a big play at the start tipping the scale so much that all the Unis in the world on the other team can't tip it back.

4 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Yep you missed out. It was up to something like 3,000 plus views and 17 pages of comments in about a 4 hour period. 

Damn...I was 2 threads away from getting to it & had to run down some moving boxes for a friend & by the time I got back it was gone...didn't even remember it was there until I saw this thread.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles
10 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

LWM had an analogy about how many of the KOTS battles are steamrolls.

Even w/a team of skilled players once the scale tips too far it's very hard to tip it back the other way.

A lot of those 1 sided matches aren't the result of better players on the winning team as opposed to a big play at the start tipping the scale so much that all the Unis in the world on the other team can't tip it back.

Damn...I was 2 threads away from getting to it & had to run down some moving boxes for a friend & by the time I got back it was gone...didn't even remember it was there until I saw this thread.

LWM and I discussed Lanchester's Square Law and how it can lead to snowball matches. 

I'm more concerned about MM placing players in a team of brain-dead taters while the red team are all unicums. That's a product of MM team placement and random in name only. That's what I would like to see improved upon.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
112 posts
3 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Gold such as this:

SUBS.png

2 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Now look, I know change is only approved for this game if it's adding new content that can be immediately monetized for short-term gain, but imagine generating new players AND, wait for it...keeping these players as loyal customers!!! These long-term customers would pay out many more times than new money customers. 

How does one do this? By improving the gawd-awful MM we all have to suffer with.

I know it's crazy talk but I don't mind being crazy.

waka waka waka  :Smile_child::cap_haloween:

Now switching gears here...WG, you really need to get a grip on your internet brigade.

Their attempts to end discontent are amateurish at best. The white knights let the former thread get so out of control the only way to salvage it was by deletion, not good.

You may want to consider blocking/banning players or deleting the forum altogether.

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

We have several members who don't play co-op.... It is just a clan name there pookie.  I would imagine that the WOLF clans are not made up of actual wolves..... Course remind me, what does the TKS name of your clan mean? I mean literally, your clan isn't made up totally of kill stealers is it now?

The PVE clan was formed originally by players that are active on this forum.

A few of us do play mainly PVP but most do not. We are all wonderful individuals.

Many forum regulars should recognize the name Kizarvexis, he is our clan leader and helped countless players with his forum posts. 

48 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

45 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

27 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

LWM and I discussed Lanchester's Square Law and how it can lead to snowball matches. 

I'm more concerned about MM placing players in a team of brain-dead taters while the red team are all unicums. That's a product of MM team placement and random in name only. That's what I would like to see improved upon.

26 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

It's important to always remember that WG executives' and senior developers' reactions to your well-thought-out and good-natured criticism of their heartless, myopic, and jingoistic corporate machine is-and-will-always-be the same:

tenor.gif

Some gold in this thread too,Glad I found it image.thumb.png.5eb68d7e6b3b03c6748783aae4294ea4.png

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,903 battles
5 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Yeah, I'm not that interested in snowballs either … 

MM is the one thing that WG does control and they should manage it better

Note: Your health care provider said MM was a "pre-existing condition" - no coverage for blowouts :)  

Edited by Commander_367

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,155 posts
11,023 battles
7 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

imagine that the WOLF clans are not made up of actual wolves

Relax PVE clan. that was not an intentional clan slander. Rabbit and I interacted in the previous forum over the lanchester law. I assumed, incorrectly, that rabbit would pick up on the sarcasm with "coincidentally" and signing the post with "-MMtroll". a coined term based on Rabbits comments to how these MM posts spiral down to oblivion. to which I agree with him. that last forum post was trolled hard at the end. 

6 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

We are all wonderful individuals

^I'm sure. 

Facts are stubborn things...

take the sock out of the jock strap bud, give the seals at T6 a reprieve and measure your club at T8,9,10. or don't... because we are all here to have fun... so carry on o7. 

I digress... 

This post is about MM. and since the last post was deleted.... 

We have a version of skill based MM in this game and that mode is called Ranked Battle. I urge all skill based MM proponents to try it out. There are three leagues in ranked and you have to earn your way into the next league by winning stars, a measurable progress metric. But I can tell you from experience, despite only the best players making it to the premiere league (R5-1), blowouts still happen. In fact, I think they happen more often because the edge of competition is sharper. which leads me to believe there is something else going on, in premier league the excuse of random poor players loses credibility, and therefore I argue  that lanchester principles apply. to me.. that's cool. because it means real battle principles are being simulated in this game and its a win for WG. 

I love ranked, I really like the challenge in the premier league, that means, I am for skilled based MM. but, every ranked season (not sprints), I also observe an equivalent number of "Ranked hate posts" as the cry for "skill based MM". I also see that most players stop at R10... Therefore I conclude the majority of players don't want skill based MM. And I assume that's because most players don't like the pressure. 

circling back to the original forum post. Players are not uninstalling wows because of MM. 

...and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

Edited by skillztowin

[TARK]
Members
6,607 posts
2,524 battles
7 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Indeed.

There was lots of good feedback about parts of the game that people would uninstall over.

But apparently feedback like that is of no value to the internet brigade.

The lost content on why snowballs happen...

The discussions about game theory...

The conversations about ways to improve and lengthen the games appeal and profitability with minimal development effort...

All gone, because some low level employee got scared or offended.

A tragic missed opportunity. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
6 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Except it won't do that...