You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Ranked horror story

9 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,807 battles

image.png.eac12c43adf1f3af5fdc1f74a4d805e4.png

What's wrong with having a small percentage of the team being skill matched? like 1/3rd or something. You still have 2/3rd's chaos... Come on. That'd only be like 2 of the 7 on a ranked team.  Everyone is trying to rank out tonight, heh. Oh well, my fault for not playing enough to rank out before the potato storm arrived.

I have to work at 6am tomorrow, i have to go to bed. What a sickening way to end my night. Oh well. I did get a coal supercontainer, 15,000! That begs the question, why does a super container give more coal then an entire ranked sprint season? I'm sure the fact that they're constantly selling crates with coal in them doesn't have any influence over that decision. Kinda [edited], they don't like free xp because there's a SKILL component involved. Some players can rack it up faster, less likely to spend money to get it. They don't want skill to be a factor in getting coal. They want you to plug away while getting your daily containers, and 6x daily mission coal, so it takes you 6-9 months to get a Smolensk.

You could probably say this is my fault for not playing the Belfast every game, you'd be right. That's not fun though. Oh well, i'm not ACTUALLY salty over this. Slightly depressed maybe. I thought it was funny too, because I told notser in chat that my next 3 losses were his fault. And it happened, LOL. The chat is on his stream.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[-OG-]
Members
283 posts
7,721 battles

I've stopped caring about stats, I mean you and I might try to have the most intense game of WoWs there ever was but, inevitably there are players who just here to have fun and could not care less about actually trying to win. Those players will rush down the middle on two brothers, die and then say they were the "diversion". That's why to me Ranked is pointless, what it used to be was skill vs skill, tactics, and critical thinking that could decide the match. But this has descended into a place where 9y old kids go to get some steel by just playing enough games. To continue enjoying this game you have to stop caring about ranks, percentages and damage because your teammates most certainly won't. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,800 posts
25,884 battles
53 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

What's wrong with having a small percentage of the team being skill matched? like 1/3rd or something. You still have 2/3rd's chaos... Come on. That'd only be like 2 of the 7 on a ranked team.  Everyone is trying to rank out tonight, heh. Oh well, my fault for not playing enough to rank out before the potato storm arrived.

I have to work at 6am tomorrow, i have to go to bed. What a sickening way to end my night. Oh well. I did get a coal supercontainer, 15,000! That begs the question, why does a super container give more coal then an entire ranked sprint season? I'm sure the fact that they're constantly selling crates with coal in them doesn't have any influence over that decision. Kinda [edited], they don't like free xp because there's a SKILL component involved. Some players can rack it up faster, less likely to spend money to get it. They don't want skill to be a factor in getting coal. They want you to plug away while getting your daily containers, and 6x daily mission coal, so it takes you 6-9 months to get a Smolensk.

You could probably say this is my fault for not playing the Belfast every game, you'd be right. That's not fun though. Oh well, i'm not ACTUALLY salty over this. Slightly depressed maybe. I thought it was funny too, because I told notser in chat that my next 3 losses were his fault. And it happened, LOL. The chat is on his stream.

EJ

I agree, HR.  I get that Sprint shouldn't have the same level of rewards as regular Ranked.  But 10k coal for ranking out in Sprint is ridiculously low.  It should be more like 50k coal, or possibly 20k coal and 1k steel.  

[PVE]
Members
6,154 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I agree, HR.  I get that Sprint shouldn't have the same level of rewards as regular Ranked.  But 10k coal for ranking out in Sprint is ridiculously low.  It should be more like 50k coal, or possibly 20k coal and 1k steel.  

Or even just 1k steel...the equivalent of the 10k coal it is now...would be nice.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLFC]
Members
2,874 posts
16,285 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Or even just 1k steel...the equivalent of the 10k coal it is now...would be nice.

Even that would be enough incentive to complete a Sprint season.  Right now it's just a "if I get around to it" mode.

edit: But that's not to say it can't be fun, it can.

Edited by DocWalker

[FML]
Members
3,941 posts
15,503 battles
8 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

image.png.eac12c43adf1f3af5fdc1f74a4d805e4.png

EJ

I am currently having a horrific time in ranked too.  Simply cannot break out of the W/L/W/L/W/L cycle...

I am getting High Calibre 2/3 of the time, and usually getting a solo cap or two, but does not seem to be enough...

Edit: I regret not making this post earlier.  As soon as I made it, I went on a long winning streak to rank out with about 45 minutes to spare...

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,807 battles

My ranked sprint winrate was 57% before last night happened, not bad obviously. I just couldn't synergize with my teams last night for some reason, it felt odd.

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE between last night and all the days preceding it was this:

I usually had 1 or 2 other decent players on my team that could compensate for the potato's/suiciders. DD's that die right away, or Gnies/Scharnhorst players that suicide because they think they'll go out in a blaze of glory.

So I don't get why a partially skill based match making system wouldn't improve the game. If you could guaranty 1/3rd of the team is at least decent, it'll reduce the one sided blowouts. Yet it won't be extreme enough to cause long stalemate style games that exaggerate ship strength differences.

EJ

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,807 battles

By the way, I keep hearing how skill based match making would INCREASE one sided blowouts. The theory is that it'll amplify the "more guns=more DOT=more wins."

Thing is, defending is easier then attacking. Good players know when to go dark. Good DD players can torp the crap out of a pushing group of ships. That's why I think it would exaggerate ship strengths and lead to stalemates. Funny thing is, good players are predictable. Pitting good players vs good players will deviate into strength/weakness exploitation.

EJ