You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

What is the symbol for Clan Battles Season "Neighbors" supposed to represent?

10 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
On 9/27/2019 at 10:24 PM, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Maybe it's supposed to depict the tip of the rostral column in the clan base.

Interesting thought! Why the stripes though?

For those interested, here is an image of the rostral column from the Clans tab:

image.thumb.png.77a8aee16d36ef36df6073958dcce8a6.png

[A-I-M]
Members
3,045 posts
13,308 battles
35 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Interesting thought! Why the stripes though?

For those interested, here is an image of the rostral column from the Clans tab:

image.thumb.png.77a8aee16d36ef36df6073958dcce8a6.png

Well, back when the clan base was first announced, WG stated that the rostral column would have a function to be detailed “later.”

”Later” apparently has not arrived yet. The purpose of the rostral column, as stated in its description, is to display the achievements of the clan.

So, I would presume that the stripes shown may be WG making a nod to some planned decorative customizations for the rostral column.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Well, back when the clan base was first announced, WG stated that the rostral column would have a function to be detailed “later.”

”Later” apparently has not arrived yet. The purpose of the rostral column, as stated in its description, is to display the achievements of the clan.

So, I would presume that the stripes shown may be WG making a nod to some planned decorative customizations for the rostral column.

I completely forgot.

Really nice theory.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,045 posts
13,308 battles
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

I completely forgot.

Really nice theory.

Yeah, a guess is all it is.

I would like it if the clans could select “clan colors,” they could appear as a basic adornment (like those stripes) to the rostral column, and the base and the tip could be adorned with different symbols obtained by various clan achievements.

I think it would be a further neat thing if “clan camos,” in the clan colors, were available for use, with different styles available for various clan achievements, the entire clan appearing in those camos for a “team look” in clan battles. Pick your normal consumable or permacamo for bonuses, but the clan camo gets applied like a “skin.”

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
18 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Yeah, a guess is all it is.

I would like it if the clans could select “clan colors,” they could appear as a basic adornment (like those stripes) to the rostral column, and the base and the tip could be adorned with different symbols obtained by various clan achievements.

I think it would be a further neat thing if “clan camos,” in the clan colors, were available for use, with different styles available for various clan achievements, the entire clan appearing in those camos for a “team look” in clan battles. Pick your normal consumable or permacamo for bonuses, but the clan camo gets applied like a “skin.”

WOW! Full of neat ideas!

Members
6,858 posts
15,357 battles

I think that's what happens when you buy all those things from the e-mails in your junk folder.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I think that's what happens when you buy all those things from the e-mails in your junk folder.

Can you clarify a bit? Thanks!

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,339 battles
38 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

WOW! Full of neat ideas!

Or maybe it represents notable 'hits', similar to the circles painted on Flak guns and tank barrels as seen in WW2 documentaries?