Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Bourgogne or Stalingrad?

22 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

I made a poll about this, but I don't think polls like that will help when I only ever expect to get one of the two.

Please help out, thanks!

Share your experiences and likes/dislikes/wants of either ship.

:Smile_honoring:

Edit: I will purchase one of the two. This is not a purely theoretical discussion thread.

Edited by henrychenhenry

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,738 battles

Both are excellent at punishing mistakes.

Stalingrad is more of a support ship. Very frail if someone gets around to it's side. Good at anchoring areas. Slabs, BBs consistently, cruisers are at risk of eating heavy damage.

Bourgy is best in a flanking role. Not very HE resistant. But you have MBRB and you'll just beat the guts out of whoever gets in the way of you killing everyone. 

Without mbrb stalingrads main bettery is more consistent. But mbrb is accuracy by volume. And the shells will overmatch.

Personally I play stalingrad for the Russian bias tears.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

I don't own either but I think the Stalin is stronger overall.

Why would you say this?

2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Both are excellent at punishing mistakes.

Stalingrad is more of a support ship. Very frail if someone gets around to it's side. Good at anchoring areas. Slabs, BBs consistently, cruisers are at risk of eating heavy damage.

Bourgy is best in a flanking role. Not very HE resistant. But you have MBRB and you'll just beat the guts out of whoever gets in the way of you killing everyone. 

Without mbrb stalingrads main bettery is more consistent. But mbrb is accuracy by volume. And the shells will overmatch.

Personally I play stalingrad for the Russian bias tears.

Thanks for the replies!

The poll is slightly leaning toward Bourgogne (though not by much).

Edited by henrychenhenry

Members
833 posts
5,798 battles

Stalingrad is generally more sought after in competitive modes. You basically get BB guns but take up a cruiser slot on your team. In clan battles this can be pretty strong. But I own neither so that’s all I’m able to comment on. 

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

Stalingrad is generally more sought after in competitive modes. You basically get BB guns but take up a cruiser slot on your team. In clan battles this can be pretty strong. But I own neither so that’s all I’m able to comment on. 

k, thanks.

I won't be buying either ship for competitive modes. Just for fun in randoms :)

[QQ7]
Members
498 posts
4,057 battles

Stalingrad from what others have said above is correct.

Stalingrad is very stronk comrades. Her guns are consistent, she fires faster than the Bourgogne, and her dispersion is far more reliable than the Bourgogne. Imo, she's just better. Did I mention she has rail guns? ( 950 Meters per second? ). You basically can have a better chance of blapping a broadside more consistently due to her reload time and shell velocity. If you run AR, you can end up having a 14-15 second reload as long as you have the Main battery modification 3 equipped to be able to get that reload time. It's fun blapping broadside battleships with a vulnerable citadel, you can basically delete them quick, same goes for cruisers who aren't paying attention.

She can easily be punished just the same as any cruiser or battleship. When you Stalingrad, you angle enough for shells to either break or ricochet off your armor. But she can be overmatched and harassed by HE spammers. So running fire prevention is a definite captain skill to have on Stalin.  I recommend to have a special captain like Zamensky, or Nikolai Kuz for Stalin.

Stalin is also one of the faster battlecruisers in the game. Her rudder isn't amazing default, hence why you should run Steering Gears mod 2. Default is 12.5, with the module it's 10.0. Need as much maneuverability as you can get on it to be able to avoid torpedoes, avoid getting citadeled, etc.

She also has the 12 KM Radar which is far superior than the US Radar, however, Russian Radar doesn't last all that long, so running the radar upgrade is a HUGE benefit to you and your team mates. That's one thing that the Bourgape doesn't have.

Only real thing going for the Bourgogne is her reload booster and ofc, her pre nerfed sigma from the Alsace. That's all she is. A Pre Nerfed Alsace with reload booster. Yeah, she's deadly upclose and sometimes at range, but you won't see her brawl all that much unless the enemy team are a bunch of noobs and don't know how to counter it. She's just like any other French BB, and they are very vulnerable to HE Spam. Republique being no exception. 

So what's the verdict for me? Stalingrad is far worth getting first. Get the Bourgogne second. That's what I told myself.

If you plan to farm PR in either ship, good luck with that. Stalin is a little easier to raise PR in, but the other, she will NUKE your PR if you don't perform in it.

[-VT-]
Members
781 posts
9,244 battles

I have both, only just got Bourgogne recently.  Stalingrad is fun at picking on all ships with it’s highly accurate guns.  I found even in a clan battle I could get cheek citadels with it on Yamatos.  

The Bourgogne as mentioned is a good flanking ship.  Its 12 guns with MBRB are great for getting quick bursts of damage when needed.  And its speed with speed boost makes it easier for it to get out of bad situations and reposition.  I got Stalingrad first because we needed it for clan battles at the time.  Bourgogne is probably a better ship to get for the luls in randoms.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
10 minutes ago, DevilFreak_ said:

So what's the verdict for me? Stalingrad is far worth getting first. Get the Bourgogne second. That's what I told myself.

Thank you for your detailed and thorough analysis!

5 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

I have both, only just got Bourgogne recently.  Stalingrad is fun at picking on all ships with it’s highly accurate guns.  I found even in a clan battle I could get cheek citadels with it on Yamatos.  

The Bourgogne as mentioned is a good flanking ship.  Its 12 guns with MBRB are great for getting quick bursts of damage when needed.  And its speed with speed boost makes it easier for it to get out of bad situations and reposition.  I got Stalingrad first because we needed it for clan battles at the time.  Bourgogne is probably a better ship to get for the luls in randoms.

Nice perspective as well.

[-VT-]
Members
781 posts
9,244 battles
7 minutes ago, DevilFreak_ said:

Stalingrad from what others have said above is correct.

Stalingrad is very stronk comrades. Her guns are consistent, she fires faster than the Bourgogne, and her dispersion is far more reliable than the Bourgogne. Imo, she's just better. Did I mention she has rail guns? ( 950 Meters per second? ). You basically can have a better chance of blapping a broadside more consistently due to her reload time and shell velocity. If you run AR, you can end up having a 14-15 second reload as long as you have the Main battery modification 3 equipped to be able to get that reload time. It's fun blapping broadside battleships with a vulnerable citadel, you can basically delete them quick, same goes for cruisers who aren't paying attention.

She can easily be punished just the same as any cruiser or battleship. When you Stalingrad, you angle enough for shells to either break or ricochet off your armor. But she can be overmatched and harassed by HE spammers. So running fire prevention is a definite captain skill to have on Stalin.  I recommend to have a special captain like Zamensky, or Nikolai Kuz for Stalin.

Stalin is also one of the faster battlecruisers in the game. Her rudder isn't amazing default, hence why you should run Steering Gears mod 2. Default is 12.5, with the module it's 10.0. Need as much maneuverability as you can get on it to be able to avoid torpedoes, avoid getting citadeled, etc.

She also has the 12 KM Radar which is far superior than the US Radar, however, Russian Radar doesn't last all that long, so running the radar upgrade is a HUGE benefit to you and your team mates. That's one thing that the Bourgape doesn't have.

Only real thing going for the Bourgogne is her reload booster and ofc, her pre nerfed sigma from the Alsace. That's all she is. A Pre Nerfed Alsace with reload booster. Yeah, she's deadly upclose and sometimes at range, but you won't see her brawl all that much unless the enemy team are a bunch of noobs and don't know how to counter it. She's just like any other French BB, and they are very vulnerable to HE Spam. Republique being no exception. 

If you plan to farm PR in either ship, good luck with that. Stalin is a little easier to raise PR in, but the other, she will NUKE your PR if you don't perform in it.

The other differences between Alsace and Bourgogne is that it Bourgogne has Republique caliber secondaries (but not the same range ), and a much faster turret traverse at 30s stock, making it easier to get guns on target during hard maneuvers.

[BUOY]
Members
1,007 posts
14,523 battles
22 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

k, thanks.

I won't be buying either ship for competitive modes. Just for fun in randoms :)

I have both ships and would absolutely recommend the Bourgogne over the Stalingrad for randoms. The Stalingrad is unarguably a meta defining ship in competitive modes where its combination of guns and tankiness make it an 'off flank BB' anchor point in CB and possibly in ranked (if there aren't 3-4 actual BB's on each team...) but in randoms it has all the flaws of the Moskva only magnified since it is even more visible while being even less maneuverable... while also being far more hated and focused by the red team. Stalingrad excels when you're part of a coherent group that you know will support you while you also support them... and even in a 3 man div, this does not describe randoms.

Bourgogne, OTOH, is a pre nerf Alsace but buffed even more and given arguably the strongest gimmick in the game with MBRB. And what it gives up in raw tankiness, it gets back to an extent in having T9 maneuverability. Equip the Speed Boost mod and flag and you're zipping along faster than a majority of the cruisers and even some of the DD's you'll be facing for 4 minutes 30 seconds at a time. In the Bourgogne you also have a proper BB hull that can take a hit or two that would be sending the Stalingrad back to port.

[-TKS-]
Members
824 posts
14,560 battles

I owned the stalin kind of wish I didn't . don't really like the playstyle.  i do like the legendary Moskva better . I have enough for the bourgone now but waiting  to see if anything else pops up . in the current he meta i think the bb might be the better choice . 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
7,483 battles

I'm curious as to what the value on Bourgogne would be if you already have Jean Bart. Since...Bourger just seems like a T10 version of JB in a lot of ways.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
44 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I'm curious as to what the value on Bourgogne would be if you already have Jean Bart. Since...Bourger just seems like a T10 version of JB in a lot of ways.

Personally I would just stick with JB. So much of the tier 10 meta is bow-tank-oriented to begin with that it's arguable that Bourgogne really isn't that big an upgrade under certain circumstances.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
19 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

What about Kronsh vs. Stalin?

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles
22 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I have enough for the stalin, but only about 1k short of Bourgogne. Im choosing to get her first as Im a BB main and I strongly feel because of that, I would get the most enjoyment out of her. We already have about 8 stalins in our clan anyway, so its not like we desperately need people to be getting them for CBs.

Edited by admiralsexybeast

[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
7,483 battles
19 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

What about Kronsh vs. Stalin?

I wouldn't know, I only have Kron. A lot of people who have both say Stalin is far superior though.

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

OK, I see.

I think its really going to come down to what ship class you play the most"at least if steel is a delicacy for you like it is for me." If you mostly prefer cruisers, then I think stalin is the best option. We have about 8 guys in our clan that have one and they all love it! If you mostly play BBs, then Bourgogne will likely give you the most enjoyment.

Sign in to follow this