Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrayPanther2018

Yahagi released

10 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
750 posts
3,829 battles

Is there any updated reviews on the released version of the Yahagi?

Seems it got buffed a little since the last time it was tested. 12km torps up from 10km and 9 second reload for the main battery down from 10 seconds.

I am wondering if WG just wanted to release the ship without much CC testing on the latest version. Maybe to avoid the Meh reports the Yuduchi got.

But a lot of new ships out right now so I suppose it got lost in the crowd, especially being a teir 5 ship.

It reminds me of the Yubari,  a cruiser that thinks it's a DD but with bad torp firing angles and a citidel.

Thinking another new IJN premium that will be a pass for me.:Smile_sad:

• Boring 1

[GWG]
Members
6,497 posts

If it has fast firing 6" guns at tier 5, it would be a better DD hunter than the Furutaka.

It was the last ship commanded by Capt. Hara, and went down with the Yamato.

• Cool 1

[ONE]
Members
641 posts
10,970 battles

Those wooden planks on the seaplane deck depicts the damage sustained at Battle of Sibuyan Sea from bombs. 

Agano and Oyodo are my favorite IJN ships, even long before WoWS. For that cheap price I bought it as a personal favor.

Edited by dcr66

Members
1,469 posts
6,446 battles

The advertising for the Yahagi mentions having rather "uncomfortable aiming angles" for her torpedo launchers.

I'm happy with Furutaka's torpedo launching arcs, but the launchers of Aoba and Myoko and Zao are not "user friendly", in my opinion.
If Yahagi is similar to the latter three ships, then that's not a "feature" I'd be happy to spend real money to acquire.

It would be useful to depict the firing arcs of torpedo launchers for all ships in the wiki pages.

[NSC]
Members
1,744 posts
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The advertising for the Yahagi mentions having rather "uncomfortable aiming angles" for her torpedo launchers.

I'm happy with Furutaka's torpedo launching arcs, but the launchers of Aoba and Myoko and Zao are not "user friendly", in my opinion.
If Yahagi is similar to the latter three ships, then that's not a "feature" I'd be happy to spend real money to acquire.

It would be useful to depict the firing arcs of torpedo launchers for all ships in the wiki pages.

mL0d79d.png

From @LittleWhiteMouse's Yahagi mini-review.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
750 posts
3,829 battles
13 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Little White Mouse's review has a picture of the torpedo firing arcs.
They're similar to the Mutsu's arcs.
Here's a link.
https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/201386-mouses-super-quick-review-of-yahagi/?tab=comments#comment-4709114

LWM has a review! Thanks for the info.

The more I think about it Yahagi seems like a tier 5 Yubari. 

Good torps, though with their firing arcs you will have to plan ahead, so as not to get blaped or torp your team.

AA looks decent.  Guess I will have to see what Mouse has to say.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Beta Testers
670 posts
13,096 battles

She very much like a Yubari, except in 1 key area.....She can't dance.

Rudder response is quick, but it's like the rudder is too small for the ship and doesn't "bite" enough.

Torps launch angles is very Yubari-ish...2 x 4 launchers that can fire from either side

Guns...very, very floaty for IJN guns....first time I fired them, I had to check what ship I was in....thought it was American

AA....love it!....tier 4 and 6  CV's will learn quickly to leave you alone

She is very, very fragile and catches fire very easily

For all that, she's fun

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this