Jump to content
PzkwVIB

Alternate captains and National voices no longer an option?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

21
[DESS]
Beta Testers
181 posts
7,916 battles

As some who has purchased/unlocked/earned various collaboration captains, I'm a little confused as to why I can no longer select them as an overall voice over. I hear them so long as I'm playing a ship that has one in it (Akeno Misaki in my Harugumo for example), but they're no longer in the "voice over modification" setting list. And neither is the National Option. I'm running vanilla (no mods), just did a repair, and nothing. Any fixes for this?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
346 posts
36 minutes ago, PzkwVIB said:

As some who has purchased/unlocked/earned various collaboration captains, I'm a little confused as to why I can no longer select them as an overall voice over. I hear them so long as I'm playing a ship that has one in it (Akeno Misaki in my Harugumo for example), but they're no longer in the "voice over modification" setting list. And neither is the National Option. I'm running vanilla (no mods), just did a repair, and nothing. Any fixes for this?

image.png

Don't quote me on it but I believe Wg merged everything together into the 'Standard' option, as the old menu was getting very cluttered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
736
[LOU1]
Members
4,002 posts
10,971 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I just got the Hood captain, and I can't seem to change her back to English.

I don't think you can. Possibly a mod would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,142
[WOLFG]
Members
7,019 posts
5,021 battles
11 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

I don't think you can. Possibly a mod would do it.

I guess I can live with it.  She's pretty relaxed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21
[DESS]
Beta Testers
181 posts
7,916 battles
On 9/27/2019 at 8:12 PM, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Don't quote me on it but I believe Wg merged everything together into the 'Standard' option, as the old menu was getting very cluttered. 

Near as I can tell it's not in any of the patch notes, which now confuses me even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
346 posts
2 hours ago, PzkwVIB said:

Near as I can tell it's not in any of the patch notes, which now confuses me even more.

It might be an unintended side effect of the sound rework. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[REKT]
Members
25 posts
7,635 battles

I've got the same problem - crapped out on me mid gaming session.  Suddenly no more Dasha in my ears, just some smarmy US captain.  Help WG!  Help!  I may try to reinstall after playing a few matches tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[REKT]
Members
25 posts
7,635 battles

Update - Actually, Dasha and all of the Special Captains I've tried seem to work (a couple of the anime captains).  Its just the national voices that seem to no longer be an option.

Has anyone found a solution?

Edited by suicideclyde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×