Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bekkamore

More mods and Captain specialties

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[TDA]
Members
7 posts
3,310 battles

Instead of adding more premium ships with every update and running World of Warships into World of Premiums, why not add more modifying capabilities to our ships (within a respective parameter) and more captain capabilities. Once a captain reaches level 19 their gained exp turns into elite experience and there are so few options as to what to do with that experience. Adding unlockable abilities that either build upon existing chosen abilities or other things like transferring to other ships at reduced or no cost. Special Captains like Yamamoto would become increasingly valued as you could build further upon their already increased abilities. As for ship modifications,  we can spend their elite experience to increase the parameters of the ship (within a respective amount) or increase the usefulness of the modifications placed upon the ship. I personally think either one of these would be great instead of releasing premiums every update. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,999
[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
2 minutes ago, Bekkamore said:

Instead of adding more premium ships with every update and running World of Warships into World of Premiums, why not add more modifying capabilities to our ships (within a respective parameter) and more captain capabilities. Once a captain reaches level 19 their gained exp turns into elite experience and there are so few options as to what to do with that experience.

I kind of like using it to buff other cmdrs up the skill ladder to 19 points.

 

2 minutes ago, Bekkamore said:

Adding unlockable abilities that either build upon existing chosen abilities or other things like transferring to other ships at reduced or no cost.

You can use ECXP to transfer a cmdr from one ship to another. That is a big use of ECXP.

 

2 minutes ago, Bekkamore said:

Special Captains like Yamamoto would become increasingly valued as you could build further upon their already increased abilities. As for ship modifications,  we can spend their elite experience to increase the parameters of the ship (within a respective amount) or increase the usefulness of the modifications placed upon the ship. I personally think either one of these would be great instead of releasing premiums every update. 

Making a good cmdr even better with buffed abilities will get some push back for power gaming. Same for buffing ships with ECXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TDA]
Members
7 posts
3,310 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I kind of like using it to buff other cmdrs up the skill ladder to 19 points.

As do I, but once you get to the point you have no more cmdrs to jump up the skill ladder your exp sits there and builds up or you pay to transfer it to free exp. 

 

7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Making a good cmdr even better with buffed abilities will get some push back for power gaming. Same for buffing ships with ECXP.

For ships, it would be within a respective parameter so it wouldn't make the ship insanely OP but give the ability to boost its current capabilities same with the captains. Think of it like this, the longer a ship and her crew are out and in combat the more adept and capable they become. Currently, the only thing becoming more adept and capable is you, your crew, on the other hand, stays the same. No matter how many times you fire your guns your crew doesn't become any faster at reloading them or repositioning them where you want them. I wouldn't expect these kinds of buffs to come cheap, more along the line of a couple of million elite exp per increase and only increasing from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,999
[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
13 minutes ago, Bekkamore said:

As do I, but once you get to the point you have no more cmdrs to jump up the skill ladder your exp sits there and builds up or you pay to transfer it to free exp. 

 

For ships, it would be within a respective parameter so it wouldn't make the ship insanely OP but give the ability to boost its current capabilities same with the captains. Think of it like this, the longer a ship and her crew are out and in combat the more adept and capable they become. Currently, the only thing becoming more adept and capable is you, your crew, on the other hand, stays the same. No matter how many times you fire your guns your crew doesn't become any faster at reloading them or repositioning them where you want them. I wouldn't expect these kinds of buffs to come cheap, more along the line of a couple of million elite exp per increase and only increasing from there. 

I understand the rationale, but I would expect you to get push back. For people without millions of ECXP, they can feel the hurt if the buffs are any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TDA]
Members
7 posts
3,310 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I understand the rationale, but I would expect you to get push back. For people without millions of ECXP, they can feel the hurt if the buffs are any good.

Well that all comes with showing what ship you play the most and how long you've been playing it, new players on their new tier 10 will feel the burn but also have something to look forward to other than just capping out. Same with old players, gives them something new to explore other than waiting for a new ship line or new premium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,999
[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
5 minutes ago, Bekkamore said:

Well that all comes with showing what ship you play the most and how long you've been playing it, new players on their new tier 10 will feel the burn but also have something to look forward to other than just capping out. Same with old players, gives them something new to explore other than waiting for a new ship line or new premium. 

There was a reason the Unique Upgrades were done they way they were. WG wanted them to be side grades and not upgrades, so that someone without a UU could compete with someone who had one. So unless your buffs are side grades as well, you will have the same problems on veterans with better ships than non-veterans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
871
[PVE]
Members
3,838 posts
22,021 battles
1 hour ago, Bekkamore said:

Instead of adding more premium ships with every update and running World of Warships into World of Premiums, why not add more modifying capabilities to our ships (within a respective parameter) and more captain capabilities. Once a captain reaches level 19 their gained exp turns into elite experience and there are so few options as to what to do with that experience. Adding unlockable abilities that either build upon existing chosen abilities or other things like transferring to other ships at reduced or no cost. Special Captains like Yamamoto would become increasingly valued as you could build further upon their already increased abilities. As for ship modifications,  we can spend their elite experience to increase the parameters of the ship (within a respective amount) or increase the usefulness of the modifications placed upon the ship. I personally think either one of these would be great instead of releasing premiums every update. 

It used to cost 10M XP to go from 18 points to 19 points so the chance of increasing to 20 points is gonna be slim to none I'm thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,206
[WOLF7]
Members
12,288 posts
1 hour ago, Bekkamore said:

Instead of adding more premium ships with every update and running World of Warships into World of Premiums, why not add more modifying capabilities to our ships (within a respective parameter) and more captain capabilities. Once a captain reaches level 19 their gained exp turns into elite experience and there are so few options as to what to do with that experience. Adding unlockable abilities that either build upon existing chosen abilities or other things like transferring to other ships at reduced or no cost. Special Captains like Yamamoto would become increasingly valued as you could build further upon their already increased abilities. As for ship modifications,  we can spend their elite experience to increase the parameters of the ship (within a respective amount) or increase the usefulness of the modifications placed upon the ship. I personally think either one of these would be great instead of releasing premiums every update. 

So, you're basically suggesting an alternate route to OP ships, by giving the few elite players superior captains?

Did you not notice the blowback about NTC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[TDA]
Members
7 posts
3,310 battles
20 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There was a reason the Unique Upgrades were done they way they were. WG wanted them to be side grades and not upgrades, so that someone without a UU could compete with someone who had one. So unless your buffs are side grades as well, you will have the same problems on veterans with better ships than non-veterans.

That would naturally be the point, would it eliminate the ability to compete against the veteran player absolutely not. Let's say I used some of my elite ship exp to decrease the fire rate on my Yamato by an additional -6% plus the -6% from the UU so in total of -12% decrease. Does that eliminate your ability to compete against me with your brand new Yamato? no, does it make it more of a challenge for you, yes. 

 

13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

So, you're basically suggesting an alternate route to OP ships, by giving the few elite players superior captains?

This has nothing to do with suggesting that only an "elite few" can achieve superior captains or increasing the abilities of their ships. Will a dedicated player that plays the same ship with the same captain day in and day out be able to upgrade their ship/captain faster than the casual player that bounces around on ships and doesn't play much? yes. Will the ships become OP? no. The upgrades are limited within a respective parameter such as reducing reload speed but only up to "X" amount or reducing fire extinguishing time up to "X" amount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,999
[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
18 minutes ago, Bekkamore said:

That would naturally be the point, would it eliminate the ability to compete against the veteran player absolutely not. Let's say I used some of my elite ship exp to decrease the fire rate on my Yamato by an additional -6% plus the -6% from the UU so in total of -12% decrease. Does that eliminate your ability to compete against me with your brand new Yamato? no, does it make it more of a challenge for you, yes. 

That's the problem.

 

18 minutes ago, Bekkamore said:

 

This has nothing to do with suggesting that only an "elite few" can achieve superior captains or increasing the abilities of their ships. Will a dedicated player that plays the same ship with the same captain day in and day out be able to upgrade their ship/captain faster than the casual player that bounces around on ships and doesn't play much? yes. Will the ships become OP? no. The upgrades are limited within a respective parameter such as reducing reload speed but only up to "X" amount or reducing fire extinguishing time up to "X" amount. 

Oh, so are you talking Elite Cmdr XP or Elite Ship XP? Either way, @awiggin has a point. 

 

And why do veteran players need extra buffs to beat on newer players anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
163 posts
2,160 battles

did sugest some time ago we could use large amounts of free exp to "customise" our ships with modification points, few ideas that come to mind:

option A: each point increace secondary guns ROF by 10% and reduce main gun ROF by 5%

option B: each point decreace main gun dispersion by 3%, reduce main gun shell speed by 5%

option C: each point   +5% concealment, - 5% to max speed

option D: each point deck and superstructure armor +5mm, -10% to concealment 

etc...

to keep some semblance of balance they will be trade off.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×