You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Nautilus

Where’s all the hype for the Italian cruisers?

55 comments in this topic

Members
99 posts
223 battles

I’m kind and a noob so this may sound arrogant, but where’s all the excitement for the Italian cruisers? Usually when a new line comes out everyone’s talking about it but the last thing posted about the new line was done so like a week ago. I know that the introduction of submarines is big news, but still....

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
5,766 posts
12,700 battles

The lastine was released over 3 lines, no sense getting excited over content that 4 months from being in the game. 

• Confused 1

[HINON]
Members
3,173 posts
23,336 battles

People are exhausted from grinding steel and coal ships. Too burnt out to get hyped about another grind atm. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,897 posts
10,666 battles

More cruisers! Woo Woo! Im hyped. But no idea when they come out. Plus I dont work for marketing, so trying to sell someone on hype isnt my thing. 

[HINON]
Supertester
22,115 posts
15,964 battles

Wargaming is pushing out so many new ships and lines that it's hard to get hyped at all anymore.

• Cool 10

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles

They're Cruisers.  They're not as popular as Battleships, which are the most played ships in the game.

Every time a BB Line releases, MM in the game is affected because of the glut of the new BBs being grinded on.  That's not so with Cruisers, DDs, much less the rare CVs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
18,343 posts
11,365 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

More cruisers! Woo Woo! Im hyped. But no idea when they come out. Plus I dont work for marketing, so trying to sell someone on hype isnt my thing. 

Early access Italian cruisers, you know the missions with a tiny chance to drop from a container, are scheduled for patch 8.9, which should drop Oct 14th-16th. So the line starting at T1, should probably start mid Nov on patch 8.10. The high tiers may or may not come out in 8.10.

Members
520 posts
4,823 battles

SAP will be strong until it’s nerfed back down. Then these cruisers will be meh. I tried them in test and wasn’t impressed. High alpha plus slow reload isn’t super fun but I’ll wait and see I guess.

Members
3,936 posts
4,205 battles

I'll have to try them myself to get an opinion of them. I don't own any of the premiums so I have no idea how they play. 

[WOLF3]
Members
22,426 posts
20,527 battles
1 minute ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

SAP will be strong until it’s nerfed back down. Then these cruisers will be meh. I tried them in test and wasn’t impressed. High alpha plus slow reload isn’t super fun but I’ll wait and see I guess.

It's been a while since SAP has been really talked about.  They still can get bounced as if they were AP and no fire chance still, right?

Members
2,897 posts
10,666 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Early access Italian cruisers, you know the missions with a tiny chance to drop from a container, are scheduled for patch 8.9, which should drop Oct 14th-16th. So the line starting at T1, should probably start mid Nov on patch 8.10. The high tiers may or may not come out in 8.10.

Well, that's not too far from now. I have MTG jank to fool with till then. 

[PVE]
Members
18,343 posts
11,365 battles
3 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Well, that's not too far from now. I have MTG jank to fool with till then. 

Thanks to my son, I have a fairly good idea that MTG is Magic the Gathering.

Dang, I'm old when my child has to translate the internet for me. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[AAA]
Members
873 posts
10,188 battles

No HE. Slow reload. New ammo type. Not getting to excited about it. Plus too much grinding recently.  I’m going to take a month or so and just enjoy playing the ships I like

Members
520 posts
4,823 battles
16 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's been a while since SAP has been really talked about.  They still can get bounced as if they were AP and no fire chance still, right?

Yeah but they tuned it up between the test where we got to try them and now. Less likely to bounce and higher damage on DDs. They’ll probably end up tuning the DD damage down before release or shortly after. 

[3COWS]
Members
711 posts
36 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

I’m kind and a noob so this may sound arrogant, but where’s all the excitement for the Italian cruisers? Usually when a new line comes out everyone’s talking about it but the last thing posted about the new line was done so like a week ago. I know that the introduction of submarines is big news, but still....

It has been spoken about in the Dev blog but not much further, but I am SUPER EXCITED!!!

I do not care too much about using them, but I am looking forward to fighting something new

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
34 minutes ago, Capt_Nautilus said:

Of all the tech tree stuff that has been released this year, only the Italian cruisers have my interest. Everything else has kind of been a bust, a few interesting premium ships, but so far the free ships released have been met with a resounding "Meh" from the players. 

I love cruisers and this new line has the potential of rekindling my interest in the game. A bit of a a forlorn hope, but hopeful nonetheless. 

Members
75 posts

I used to get hyped for new lines in 2015/2016/2017. These days one more line means one more set of time-gated directives to stretch out my time playing the game, farm enough of yet another temporary currency to get some better-than-normal content from the armory. Rinse and repeat every couple of months. It get's old really fast and makes me want to just ignore the rewards altogether instead of encourage me to play.

I remember when just the lines being interesting was already enough incentive for me to play more than normal when a new one was released. French cruisers with that fast open water playstyle, UK CLs with smoke, german BBs tanky and with good secondaries. Those were new concepts at the time of their release and it was great discovering their playstyle and peculiarities. These days when I get to actually play the new line I'm already burned out from all the directives/daily missions/what not that came before.  

No thanks, I already have a job IRL.

Edited by SheikTheDog
  • Cool 5

[GOOF]
Members
409 posts
4,728 battles

Right here I've wanted the RM since I started this game I have 3 of the Italian premiums and want more

I am saddened that WG treated the RM in this manner like France and pan Asia get trees first?

I want Italy lol. 

Also discouraged by the actual entry of subs into the game before the RM Subs don't belong here not sure how any cruiser (main) is supposed to deal with that. Especially Italian cruisers.

[HINON]
Supertester
22,115 posts
15,964 battles
47 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yeah they can be bounced, but they have higher angles than normal AP shells, so you'll need to angle steeper to bounce them. They also have 0 fire chance, ITCA can't start fires with their main batteries. They also have less pen but more damage than normal AP.

Members
99 posts
223 battles
29 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

It has been spoken about in the Dev blog but not much further, but I am SUPER EXCITED!!!

44 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

I'm super hyped.  Really looking forward to Trento and Zara especially. 

47 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

I'm hyped. Going to FXP to the tier 10 asap.

15 203s... :crab:

Finally!!! Some people that are excited! I’m glad I’m not the only one. 

• Cool 1