You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Maybe get rid of caps in game given current meta

10 comments in this topic

[RELAX]
Members
1,142 posts
8,627 battles

The current gameplay fosters hiding behind islands and standing off at a distance and sniping, while a storm of HE spam fills the sky. It does not lend itself to actual team work anymore, it had some before not much but some.

Now it's about fire spammers farming damage. WG did not nurture closer fighting in fact they went the other way.  Capping is no longer relevant in the current meta. I have seen teams and been on teams that will not cap when they have a chance to, they just go for kills and damage.

They should just get rid of capping in the game and play domination where one team just sinks the other or the game times out on higher points. This would at least cause some game play to reflect what was created by WG in the current dynamics.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,990 battles
12 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

They should just get rid of capping in the game and play domination where one team just sinks the other or the game times out on higher points.

No they should just add that as a unique mode in the rotation.

[SALVO]
Members
22,935 posts
23,508 battles
1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

The current gameplay fosters hiding behind islands and standing off at a distance and sniping, while a storm of HE spam fills the sky. It does not lend itself to actual team work anymore, it had some before not much but some.

Now it's about fire spammers farming damage. WG did not nurture closer fighting in fact they went the other way.  Capping is no longer relevant in the current meta. I have seen teams and been on teams that will not cap when they have a chance to, they just go for kills and damage.

They should just get rid of capping in the game and play domination where one team just sinks the other or the game times out on higher points. This would at least cause some game play to reflect what was created by WG in the current dynamics.

Getting rid of caps is dumb on a number of levels.

1.  You need to have alternate paths to victory so that trailing teams have a secondary path for winning to keep them interested in staying for the entire battle, rather than bailing out of the battle, whether by exiting to port, yolo-suiciding, or just heading off to a corner to go afk.

2.  You also need to have a focus, something for the teams to fight over.  Without any caps at all, you could have the teams running around the map avoiding contact for much of the battle.  With caps, you have to fight to take or defend them.  Even in Standard mode, you have to pay attention to defending your cap or at least pushing towards the enemy cap.  I can't tell you the number of times I've seen teams lose Standard mode battles because they ignored a flank or the middle and sometimes just let the enemy sneak a ship or 2 straight to their cap and take it without paying attention to the map or that their cap was being captured.

Caps exist to perform a number of functions within the game.  And thinking that they're unnecessary is just wrong.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,837 posts
12,789 battles
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

Without cap most team will be sitting at the edge of the map 

This, the caps are to give a focus point(s) for the teams.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,010 posts
12,610 battles

Most player are too afraid of pushing forward because they have no clue about damage mitigation and trading HP. This goes for DD who're over confident in their ability to take a 1 vs 5  and die, or DD who have no knowledge about position or game mecanic such as radar.

Personnally I don't really care if people are all camping behind island and not supporting me capping, I mean solo cap are the best, but what annoys me is that I can solo cap 3 bases and still be in the bottom because I didn't focus on dealing damage to red ship who aren't even a threat behind an island.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Members
7 posts
3,310 battles

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

1.  You need to have alternate paths to victory so that trailing teams have a secondary path for winning to keep them interested in staying for the entire battle, rather than bailing out of the battle, whether by exiting to port, yolo-suiciding, or just heading off to a corner to go afk.

There are 3 paths in every match for winning caps, points or sinking all the enemy team to go along your thought process there have to be better bonuses to winning and also detrimental effects to losing. Currently, the more damage you do the more you get paid in both exp and silver, most players want a payout to their expenses, if I take my Yamato out and do less than 90k damage even with my camo on, premium-grade and fleet discounts I lose money. I can sink up to half the enemy fleet but if my damage is still below 90k, I'm losing silver. 

2 hours ago, Crucis said:

2.  You also need to have a focus, something for the teams to fight over.  Without any caps at all, you could have the teams running around the map avoiding contact for much of the battle.  With caps, you have to fight to take or defend them.  Even in Standard mode, you have to pay attention to defending your cap or at least pushing towards the enemy cap.  I can't tell you the number of times I've seen teams lose Standard mode battles because they ignored a flank or the middle and sometimes just let the enemy sneak a ship or 2 straight to their cap and take it without paying attention to the map or that their cap was being captured.

I couldn't agree more but other than the caps there needs to be something for the teams to fight over.