You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rgtx1121

Stupid question - does the Roma still have the beer can on it?

36 comments in this topic

[USNR]
Members
293 posts
3,713 battles

I'm considering using my 25% discount on the Roma, but I cant stand the beer can on the top of it. When I looked at it in the Armory, it looks like this has been removed. Has anyone bought the Roma recently?

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

The 'beer can" is a special camo you purchase separately. They may have had it bundled before but they dont now. Your Roma will look the standard/real way.

[HINON]
Supertester
22,110 posts
15,955 battles

As said before, the beer can is part of the special camo, the ship normally doesn't have one.

8L1kv7v.jpg

This is with her standard camo.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,230 posts
17,738 battles
21 minutes ago, Lert said:

This is with her standard camo.

Honestly, that still looks like a beer can on top to me. Is there a difference between the standard beer can and the decorative artsy special camo beer can?

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
6,937 posts
4,987 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Don't you like beer?

If they put this on top, they could charge like $50 for the camo.

Image result for Duff beer

• Cool 1

[CIAO]
Members
652 posts
24,749 battles

The real question is why does WOWs come up with these really stupid camo's?

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,819 posts
3,786 battles

Say what you will... that camo has grown on me quite a bit:Smile_hiding: I personally kinda like it

But yes, the 'beer can' has and always will be an additional camoflage. What you are asking would be like asking for a non-spaceship Henri. Completely optional.

[HINON]
Supertester
22,110 posts
15,955 battles
22 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Honestly, that still looks like a beer can on top to me. Is there a difference between the standard beer can and the decorative artsy special camo beer can?

I'unno.

skk78FK.jpg

You tell me.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,218 posts
11,364 battles
30 minutes ago, Umikami said:

The normal rangefinders are more like a Cossack hat.

The Japanese had their pagoda masts, the Italians had their Cossack hats (see Giulio Cesare).

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
27 minutes ago, Umikami said:

The standard look of the ship honestly looks less beer can like and round observation post like. While some ships have other shaped upper areas on them, it seems the Italians opted to rounded off design which likely could have carried some advantages such as bouncing glancing hits better?

[INTEL]
Members
7,303 posts
31,896 battles

The beer camo is the stupidest I've seen so far.

On top of that, when Roma gets BBQed by HE spam, can you imagine what happens to the beer? Yuck!

Edited by alexf24

[MEIST]
Members
1,268 posts
4,879 battles

That is the "Hold my beer" camo and yes it is horrible looking. I think it gave pretty good xp and/or credits though.

[SFROG]
Beta Testers
118 posts
6,179 battles

For the simple install of a skin, you can have the camo and lose the beercan (both from your own Roma, and anyone elses - whether you own one or not).  I always run it on mine, the camo gives great bonii, but I don't have to deal with can of stupid.

[NGA]
Members
1,878 posts
9,937 battles

I'm pretty sure there's a mod floating around somewhere that removes the "beer can". Personally, I've always thought is looked more like a thick church candle.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,097 posts

Kind of reminds me of the old Spruance Class ARTHUR W. RADFORD (DD 968)

US Navy 021127-N-3653A-004 Spruance-class Arthur W. Radford steams through the Mediterranean Sea.jpg

Sticking her middle finger to the world.

[SALVO]
Members
22,923 posts
23,491 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Perhaps, Umi, but it is the historical design of the Roma.

[P2W]
Members
1,184 posts
21 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Kind of reminds me of the old Spruance Class ARTHUR W. RADFORD (DD 968)

US Navy 021127-N-3653A-004 Spruance-class Arthur W. Radford steams through the Mediterranean Sea.jpg

Sticking her middle finger to the world.

That was the AEMS mast they outfitted her with but she didn't get the ABL's for the tomahawk like the ship I was on did (look in my sig), She got the VLS later down the road. We also got the an/sqr-19 tail right before I left the ship.

That was the nice thing about the spruance's , they were modular and you could pretty much bolt anything into them or onto them.

Edited by DESRON10

Members
1,072 posts
7 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

That was the AEMS mast they outfitted her with but she didn't get the ABL's for the tomahawk like the ship I was on did (look in my sig), She got the VLS later down the road. We also got the an/sqr-19 tail right before I left the ship.

That was the nice thing about the spruance's , they were modular and you could pretty much bolt anything into them or onto them.

My understanding was that Spruance and Tico shared the same hull, more or less?

[A-I-M]
Members
2,218 posts
11,364 battles
1 hour ago, Glocktalker69 said:

...I don't have to deal with can of stupid.

Shee-yut, gettin’ rid o’ one can o’ stupid don’ mean nutt’n!! I still got eleven othah’ cans o’ stupid on da dern team!!!

Oh, wait; this isn’t a “fix the MM” thread. Sorry.

• Funny 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,097 posts
1 hour ago, DESRON10 said:

Yep. My XO was project officer for the finger. I was on Hayler and the Burke Laboon.  Loved the Sprucans.