You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Mouse's Super Quick Review of Yahagi

106 comments in this topic

[GLF]
Beta Testers
678 posts
13,256 battles
On 9/27/2019 at 8:43 AM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

so let's talk about her guns.  Yahagi has only six of them and they're pretty bad, even with their 14.9km range.  With a nine second reload, you're not winning any DPM races even with her improved HE damage.  Furthermore, her AP penetration is the worst at her tier, behind Omaha and Marblehead.  She has less than 100mm worth of AP penetration at 7km and with terrible ballistics to match. 

Jesus, your not kidding

For the first 15-16 battles, I thought the guns weren't too, too bad but workable. Then came the battle this morning.....had another Yahagi broadside, wedged in between an Island and a sinking DD, not moving. I'm 4km away, heading towards him firing all the while. Getting hit after hit about a foot or two above the waterline with AP and no Cits.  Then RNGesus gets involved, which is never a good thing....last salvo with careful aim at the waterline, from about 50m, fired and got 2 hits in the upper-works, 1 hit the funnel,and the last one hit the water. In frustration, I threw the whole damn ship at it.

Funny thing is, I've got Cits on quite a few tier 5 and 6 CL's and then can't even Cit one of her own kind....lol

Pity the guns are so inconsistent

I know you said she was nimble, but I dont find her so.....she seems a little.....sluggish? in a turn. And it's not the rudder, love the shift time on it

Maybe it's just me, been playing a lot of Huang-He lately and that little girl can dance. Yahagi seems sluggish compare to Huang He

• Angry 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,170 posts
9,190 battles
11 minutes ago, ArcherDude said:

Maybe it's just me, been playing a lot of Huang-He lately and that little girl can dance. Yahagi seems sluggish compare to Huang He

Huanghe is one of the most agile cruisers in the game.  It's like comparing any destroyer's speed to Le Terrible and feeling they come up short.

[PHD]
Members
833 posts
4,152 battles

The need (?) of IFHE seems to rule out the ship as a trainer or not have a dedicated captain as only the gunboat DDs need a IFHE captain. (I could be wrong about that, not in my level experience)

I guess the Yahagi and Yuduchi might be nice in a Christmas Crate. 

Little White Mouse, 

The mini reviews are fine for us low experience players. But I enjoy them all as fun reads.

One thing for a quick reference of your reviews would be a sticky post listing all the ships you reviewed with your overall rating gudboat, meh or terrible. But I know that all your reviews don't have that feature. 

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,563 battles

Appreciate the insight. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this. I was looking forward to playing an Agano class CL, but given this I'm probably gonna have to pass. Unless WG can buff some of the obvious issues to make her more enjoyable to play and not make it seem like your playing a crippled ship with nitro

[GLF]
Beta Testers
678 posts
13,256 battles
3 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Huanghe is one of the most agile cruisers in the game.

Yeah, and that has probably "clouded" my opinion a bit

Especailly when my 2 fav ships in game are Yubari and Huang-He...both very, very nimble

Anyway, great review, as always, even if rushed

Cheers

[FAE]
Members
2,413 posts
3,020 battles

What HuangHe gets chosen over another premium. holy moly. you know that fights down and dirty.