You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Conqueror Unique upgrade Question

19 comments in this topic

Members
416 posts
8,475 battles

Is the -40% to rudder shift time worth the loss of the Concealment module? With the UU her rudder shift goes from around 17 secs to just over 10 secs. People who have tried this UU what are your Thoughts? TIA

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,824 posts
3,793 battles

I love my double rudder conq. Conqueror already has great concealment to begin with, so you dont lose out on a whole lot. The slot 4 rudder upgrade is fine also over the DCP choice because your super heal can easily repair that extra 10 seconds on burn time. 

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,041 posts
9,138 battles
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Is the -40% to rudder shift time worth the loss of the Concealment module? With the UU her rudder shift goes from around 17 secs to just over 10 secs. People who have tried this UU what are your Thoughts? TIA

Generally speaking, it's a side-grade for most players, giving you the choice between two different play-styles.  Concealment Modification 1 lets you play more passively -- silence your guns to disappear at medium ranges.  Her Legendary Upgrade transforms her to a more active defense -- using her limited agility to dodge and weave.  In the hands of an expert player, the Legendary Upgrade is superior.

It should be noted that Conqueror, like Thunderer, has a bug in her agility.  Her turning circle radius is 110m larger in game than advertised in port.  It remains to be seen if Wargaming will correct this and in what manner.  She might just end up with a 930m to 950m turning radius in port.  Or she might end up with a significant agility buff if they actually make her have an 820m turning radius, making the Legendary Upgrade all the more potent.

• Cool 3

Members
27 posts
1,756 battles
On 9/27/2019 at 6:56 AM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Generally speaking, it's a side-grade for most players, giving you the choice between two different play-styles.  Concealment Modification 1 lets you play more passively -- silence your guns to disappear at medium ranges.  Her Legendary Upgrade transforms her to a more active defense -- using her limited agility to dodge and weave.  In the hands of an expert player, the Legendary Upgrade is superior.

It should be noted that Conqueror, like Thunderer, has a bug in her agility.  Her turning circle radius is 110m larger in game than advertised in port.  It remains to be seen if Wargaming will correct this and in what manner.  She might just end up with a 930m to 950m turning radius in port.  Or she might end up with a significant agility buff if they actually make her have an 820m turning radius, making the Legendary Upgrade all the more potent.

Has a ticket been submitted for this bug via WoWs' player support site?  I mentioned it on the 8.9 update bug thread, but since I don't yet own these ships, I'm not sure War Gaming would take me seriously if I submitted the ticket myself.

[WG-CC]
11,041 posts
9,138 battles
1 minute ago, Anrhydeddus said:

Has a ticket been submitted for this bug via WoWs' player support site?  I mentioned it on the 8.9 update bug thread, but since I don't yet own these ships, I'm not sure War Gaming would take me seriously if I submitted the ticket myself.

It's been handed directly to the St.Petersburg devs in a full bug report.  I handed my data-file to iEarlGrey personally over Discord.

• Cool 2

Members
27 posts
1,756 battles
20 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It's been handed directly to the St.Petersburg devs in a full bug report.  I handed my data-file to iEarlGrey personally over Discord.

That's good news.  Hopefully they will make the turning circle as advertised.  The better than average turning circle for UK BBs seems to be a feature of their entire tech tree.

Members
27 posts
1,756 battles
On 10/25/2019 at 4:44 PM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Wargaming just updated the Conqueror description:

On 11/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

Fixed the erroneous description of  X Conqueror in the Port.

I was curious if this included an update to the turning circle radius.  When I checked after the update, it was still listed as 820 m.  Is it possible they fixed the turning circle bug with 8.10 without notice?

[WG-CC]
11,041 posts
9,138 battles
6 hours ago, Maddau said:

Wargaming just updated the Conqueror description:

I was curious if this included an update to the turning circle radius.  When I checked after the update, it was still listed as 820 m.  Is it possible they fixed the turning circle bug with 8.10 without notice?

Easy way to find out. 

• Get your Conqueror. 
  • Make sure you don't have a speed flag equipped. 
  • Take it into a training room.
  • Get it up to 4/4 speed.
  • Once it reaches maximum speed, put your rudder hard over.
  • Wait for the ship to finish decelerating (this takes about 20 to 30 seconds).
  • Once it has finished decelerating, time how long it takes to complete a 360º rotation.

If they have buffed the ship to have an 820m turning radius, she'll complete the turn in about 87s to 88s.  With her bugged radius, it takes 98s to 99s.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

[PVE]
Members
18,435 posts
11,392 battles

FYI, here is the math done on the turret traverse, rudder shift and concealment range for the Conqueror so you can compare slot 5 mods.

Use LWM plan to find out the turn radius as she is a master twirler of ships.

Other UUs

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

Members
5 posts
71 battles
8 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Easy way to find out. 

• Get your Conqueror. 
  • Once it has finished decelerating, time how long it takes to complete a 360º rotation.

If they have buffed the ship to have an 820m turning radius, she'll complete the turn in about 87s to 88s.  With her bugged radius, it takes 98s to 99s.

Tried with my Conq. in EU, at full rudder on one side it keeps 22.0 knots stable without any flags, and does a full circle in around 98/99 secs.  It seems nothing has changed yet

[WG-CC]
11,041 posts
9,138 battles
4 hours ago, castor_tyndarides said:

Tried with my Conq. in EU, at full rudder on one side it keeps 22.0 knots stable without any flags, and does a full circle in around 98/99 secs.  It seems nothing has changed yet

Math time:

• circumference = 22knots * 98 seconds
  • Now let's change knots to meters per second by dividing 22 by 1.943844
  • circumference = ( 11.32m/s ) * 98 seconds
  • And calculate our circumference:
  • circumference = 1109.14m
  • Let's not forget the distance compression (5.22) in World of Warships (you can do this at any stage)
  • circumference = 1,109.14m * 5.22
  • circumference = 5,789.72m
  • Now let's solve for the radius by dividing by 2π
  • radius = 5,789.72m / 2π
  • radius = 921.46m

Solve this again for 99 seconds and you get 930.87m.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 4

[ICBM]
Members
654 posts
14,585 battles
On 9/27/2019 at 7:56 AM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

What's up girl? Thanks for posting...

• Confused 1

Members
151 posts
8,121 battles
On 9/27/2019 at 6:44 AM, _BBaby said:

I love my double rudder conq. Conqueror already has great concealment to begin with, so you dont lose out on a whole lot. The slot 4 rudder upgrade is fine also over the DCP choice because your super heal can easily repair that extra 10 seconds on burn time. 

Leaving the theorycrafting to folks far smarter than I but I agree I love my Conqueror with legendary module its one of the better legendary's. I believe Thunderer has the improvement baked in. The faster rudder really ups my enjoyment of playing the ship.

• Cool 1

Members
27 posts
1,756 battles
On 11/20/2019 at 4:07 AM, castor_tyndarides said:

I wonder why it is taking so long to fix?  I know nothing about coding, though, so perhaps it is more complicated than I think.

Reported in this 8.10 bug forum topic.

Edited by Maddau
Updated that I had reported the bug.

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
On 11/20/2019 at 4:09 AM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Easy way to find out. 

• Get your Conqueror. 

Have you tried this for lower speeds?

Because by your own admission, full speed is not the best speed for tightest turns.

More to the point, does WG put the full speed figures in port or the tightest radii?

Edited by yacskn

[WG-CC]
11,041 posts
9,138 battles
4 hours ago, yacskn said:

Have you tried this for lower speeds?

Because by your own admission, full speed is not the best speed for tightest turns.

More to the point, does WG put the full speed figures in port or the tightest radii?

Yes, I have.  But tighter turns are not necessarily faster turns.  If you want to change direction quickly, speed up.  If you need to come about in a smaller area, set your speed so that you turn at about 15 to 20 knots.  Here's an example showing Duke of York's turn radius (in port, described as 790m).  At 4/4 speed, she'll do just that, coming about at 4.1º/s.  However, if you slow down to 3/4 speed in a turn, her turning radius will shrink by 20m but she loses 0.6º/s rotation rate.  Go any slower than this and her turning radius INCREASES in size while slowing down her rate of turn even more.

fzSqlGa.jpg

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles

9 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Yes, I have.  But tighter turns are not necessarily faster turns.  If you want to change direction quickly, speed up.  If you need to come about in a smaller area, set your speed so that you turn at about 15 to 20 knots.  Here's an example showing Duke of York's turn radius (in port, described as 790m).  At 4/4 speed, she'll do just that, coming about at 4.1º/s.  However, if you slow down to 3/4 speed in a turn, her turning radius will shrink by 20m but she loses 0.6º/s rotation rate.  Go any slower than this and her turning radius INCREASES in size while slowing down her rate of turn even more.

I'm aware of this.

I'm just asking if we know which number WG actually puts in port? The tightest one (3/4) or the quickest (4/4) one?
In the DoY's case, it appears to be the 4/4 one. Is this the case for all ships?

Also, if you remember it, what was the tightest radius for Conquerer?

[WG-CC]
11,041 posts
9,138 battles

Wargaming uses the 4/4 speed (after the ship finishes decelerating in a turn).

[TOG]
Members
3,970 posts
21,354 battles

If you want an active/agressive play style you go for the doubleshift UU upgrade. You play the UU conq like a CA. A matter of fact you're still more stealthier than ome BB's and BC's. It was more potent when the Conq didn't have the nerfed citadel, but it's still very useful. I'ved pulled dev strikes on CA's by closing in behind islands then blapping them.

Edited by Bill_Halsey