You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Any good cruisers in the premium shop for under $50

26 comments in this topic

Members
414 posts
8,441 battles

I have the Kutuzov and the Atago and I like both ships. If you have any opinions about a good cruiser please tell me it will help in making a purchase in the premium shop. Only limit is under $50. TIA

[TROLO]
Members
198 posts
13,102 battles

Murmansk, Exeter, Perth, Indianapolis and Bayard I can all vouch for personally.

Just remember that you'll be buying the cruiser and a port slot, and a captain with zero points. So make sure you have at least a 10 point captain to spare or enough elite xp to promote the zero point captain.

Edited by Nine_Lives_
  • Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
826 posts
12,201 battles

I'd love to have the Bayard.

As far as ships that I do have, Murmansk and Exeter are both worth the money, DeGrasse, Boise/NDJ, Molotov....there's a lot of good cruisers for under $50. If it were me and I didn't have them, I'd get Molotov, Murmansk, and Exeter and have a few bucks left over.  If I only got one ship it would definitely be Bayard. I wouldn't waste my money on Krasny Krym or Prinz Eugen.  There's a lot of good choices.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,094 posts
6,970 battles

Well, you seem to have T8 covered, and T9 is unlikely at 50$, so...

T7: Boise or Atlanta, both are unique as heck. One has alpha and a super heal, and the other is... Atlanta. Seriously, hard to describe her better than that. She's basically the OG Colbert, and her sister Flint is the OG Smolensk.

...Not too sure on T6. Huanghe is 10$ I think, though, but not the best tier for good crui- Ohh right. Molotov and Duca D'aosta are lovely ships.

T5: Exeter is a nasty ship if you can keep from being dev struck. There's also Okhotnik. ...What do you mean that's a DD? Clearly a cruiser!

T4: ...Yubari, I guess? Langley's HE bombs can cit her, though. Not a good tier for cruisers, really.

T3: Katori is a favorite of mine. I don't play her much anymore, but she's just silly. Hard to beat St. Louis, though, but Katori has accuracy enough to snipe.

T2: ...Uhh...

T1: Nothing here.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,094 posts
6,970 battles
8 minutes ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

Murmansk, Exeter, Perth, Indianapolis and Bayard I can all vouch for personally.

Just remember that you'll be buying the cruiser and a port slot, and a captain with zero points. So make sure you have at least a 10 point captain to spare or enough elite xp to promote the zero point captain.

Ohh, right. Indi is a lovely ship, too. Forgot to mention her in my own suggestion.

If you want to make DDs wet themselves a tier earlier via radar (and at full range, unlike Atlanta and Belfast) she's your ship.

[KNCOL]
Members
616 posts
1,604 battles

It isnt one of the best ships but the graf spee at tier 6 is really fun 

[BASIN]
Members
3,295 posts
34 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I have the Kutuzov and the Atago and I like both ships. If you have any opinions about a good cruiser please tell me it will help in making a purchase in the premium shop. Only limit is under $50. TIA

18 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Well, you seem to have T8 covered, and T9 is unlikely at 50$, so...

T7: Boise or Atlanta, both are unique as heck. One has alpha and a super heal, and the other is... Atlanta. Seriously, hard to describe her better than that. She's basically the OG Colbert, and her sister Flint is the OG Smolensk.

...Not too sure on T6. Huanghe is 10$ I think, though, but not the best tier for good crui- Ohh right. Molotov and Duca D'aosta are lovely ships.

T5: Exeter is a nasty ship if you can keep from being dev struck. There's also Okhotnik. ...What do you mean that's a DD? Clearly a cruiser!

T4: ...Yubari, I guess? Langley's HE bombs can cit her, though. Not a good tier for cruisers, really.

T3: Katori is a favorite of mine. I don't play her much anymore, but she's just silly. Hard to beat St. Louis, though, but Katori has accuracy enough to snipe.

T2: ...Uhh...

T1: Nothing here.

:Smile_unsure: Atago is supposed to have gotten a buff recently and most people say she's a great ship,   As for Boise  well she's a Helena with less range so all in all a nice ship to have in your stableClinking Beer Mugs Emoji (U+1F37B)Cheers whatever your choice go forth and have fun

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
Members
3,295 posts

Oh and this is coming up too I'm liking the looks of this a lot  Printable "amazed" poster for Ready Room day 1 | VBS 2014 ...She sounds very interesting a German Cleveland   

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 2

[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,102 posts
5,950 battles
29 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Atlanta is the SMG to Worcester's M2 .50 cal. She's a delightful force-multiplier of a ship with her radar and and positively INSANE rate of fire. Planes and destroyers are her natural prey, but Atlantas are not picky eaters by any means. Is it with range? Is an ally shooting it? Then point your crosshair and hold down LMB until it dies.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
6 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

T4: ...Yubari, I guess?

Yubari can be had for coal last I looked, so there's no point spending money to get her.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,094 posts
6,970 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yubari can be had for coal last I looked, so there's no point spending money to get her.

Ohh? Wasn't aware. I bought her well before that.

[FML]
Members
3,160 posts
13,471 battles
6 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I would have to say Molotov, Graf Spee or Exeter are all enjoyable. 

Scharnhorst (if you havent got her) as she is a great T9 super heavy cruiser at T7... ;)

[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
4 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Ohh? Wasn't aware. I bought her well before that.

I bought her about TWO WEEKS before that. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,094 posts
6,970 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I bought her about TWO WEEKS before that. :Smile_teethhappy:

Always feels like things turn out that way, doesn't it? :Smile_teethhappy:

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,970 posts
9,117 battles

Mouse's Take:

• Top Pick:  ATLANTA (tier 7 American Light Cruiser)
    Atlanta is an odd duck.  Fragile as all get out with horrible trebuchet-style ballistics, she is none the less a terror to behold.  She boasts a 14 gun broadside and while stock, she fires as 168 rounds per minute.  She has excellent anti-aircraft firepower, pathetically short-ranged torpedoes and her most feared asset:  Surveillance Radar at tier 7.

• Bayard (tier 8 French Light Cruiser)
    Bayard is a very powerful ship for now.  I stress the "for now" part -- she is the only ship in the game right now with 1/5th HE penetration.  This means her 152mm guns can damage areas of 29mm stock and 39mm with Inertial Fuse for HE Shells, providing her with a bit more firepower utility than her contemporaries.  Add on her torpedoes and speed and she's a very competitive open-water cruiser. However, when (if) IFHE changes go into effect and all 152mm armed cruisers also get the 1/5th HE penetration rule, Bayard will lose some of her pizazz.

• Perth (tier 6 British Commonwealth Light Cruiser)
    Take a Leander, remove her heal but give her access to the crawling smoke consumable and HE shells and you have Perth.  Like Atlanta, Perth is just weird and makes for a completely different experience to what you're otherwise used to.  She has quite a high skill floor, but once mastered, she's one of the most effective cruisers at tier 6.
  • Cool 2

Members
518 posts
5,978 battles

Boise, way better then Atlanta for everyday random play. Heal makes all the difference. Doesn't care if it's uptiered. It's very strong and imo should be at Tier 8. 

Prince Eugen- Much better then Graf imo. 

Exeter- Good tier but way glass cannon. 

But #1 is Smolnesk by far for Coal....

[INTEL]
Members
2,551 posts
13,035 battles

Agree with LWM and others.  Atlanta is the ship to get.  But you have to commit to learning how to play her well.  If you don't you will regret it and wonder what all the fuss was about.  If you do, you will love her and be set up well to play the CLs that come after her.

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

I suggest Boise, or if you have some captain XP laying around, Nueve de Julio. Yes, NdJ requires a specialized captain, but it also opens up a whole number of event directives, which almost always have a Premium only section that is easier than the rest of them.

Perth and Graf Spee are also good, just because of the quirky fun factor and the unique consumable mixes.

I've been eyeing Irian, but haven't pulled the trigger on her yet.

Matt

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,363 posts
672 battles

Wichita's on sale for $47.20. She was over $50.00..

Wichita's fantastic. Wiggles like a light cruiser, hits like a heavy cruiser, is sneakier than both. 

[-OG-]
Members
160 posts
5,978 battles

1. Exeter ship is so OP it's funny as hell. T8 torps on a T5 ship with trollish armour, a heal, big accurate guns, that can burn any ship to the ground. Basically, the Exeter is a T5 Belfast I still think this ship deserves Radar.

2. Indianapolis I got this ship recently she is a lot of fun, long-range, decent AA, and unusual for a T7 10km Radar. However, you need to be good to get the most out of her.

3. Prinz Eugen, I love this ship tanky great AP and long-range I'd recommend her to anyone who likes the Hindenburg it's basically that except 4 fewer guns and one less heal.

I'd stay away from Yubari, Graf Spee, Murmansk and Marblehead.

[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
12,858 battles

Indy is very fun and has troll potential, especially when you pop the 10k radar on unsuspecting DDs.

20190126_204803.jpg

Members
3,932 posts
4,205 battles

T7: Indy. Could also be a hipster and get Nueve De Julio.
T6: De Grasse (Fast and Trollish), Perth (The crawling smoke Leander with HE and self spotting), Huang He (Cheaper Perth but has Russian shells and no self spotting)
T5: Exeter (Queen Furutaka's rival)
T3: Katori (Accurate long range support cruiser) , Aurora (T3 Atlanta)

Edited by Yoshiblue

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,537 posts
23,511 battles

Prinz Eugen - excellent trainer for KM cruiser/BB, camo gives +50% captain XP (survived nuclear bombs)

Atlanta - to big for a DD, to small for a cruiser, squishy but fun, needs skill, excellent build in credits/xp multiplier (together with her sister ship Juneao the first USN CL sunk in WW2) 

Boise - Helena with less range and AA, but RN superheal (has a history of combat from the Pacific to the Mediterranean Sea, ended as detention center for political prisoners in Argentine) 

Molotov - bit of a challenge, very fragile but with T9 guns, good to collect citadels in operations (was build, only history of this ship)

Graf Spee - BB guns on a cruiser hull, includes heal (River Plate anyone?)

Exeter -  tinfoil hull with good torpedos and guns (won glory at the River Plate, sunk at the Java Sea)