Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

I wore out the rifling on the Smolensk's guns

10 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
3,970 posts
21,354 battles

shot-19_09.26_22_46.37-0323a.thumb.jpg.4f483ea86925c0dd700648de74f31636.jpg

2,692 Shells fired.  I say in 18 minutes.  Ship is going to need replacement of the the guns plus replacement/overhaul of the ammo feed system. I have no idea what shape the FC/Search radars are in. Ditto for the engines and the hull. I'll need a new gunnery crew set also. Pretty sure they're all deaf.

• Boring 1

Members
828 posts
13,843 battles

Throw the dakka dakka, reload booster, and Russian railguns ships in the trash. God I miss the old days when the ships in tier were fairly well balanced (granted there were only 2 national lines at the time). These newer ships are getting more and more insane and this game is getting more and more trashy because of it.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,785 battles
2 hours ago, Prothall said:

These newer ships are getting more and more insane and this game is getting more and more trashy because of it.

This.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

Better off simply rolling with it all, we get subs soon, so there will be more people leaving, and when it starts hurting their bank balance, then they might take notice, until then it will keep going like it is.

• Cool 2

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,321 battles
5 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

2,692 Shells fired.  I say in 18 minutes.  Ship is going to need replacement of the the guns plus replacement/overhaul of the ammo feed system. I have no idea what shape the FC/Search radars are in. Ditto for the engines and the hull. I'll need a new gunnery crew set also. Pretty sure they're all deaf.

Maximum dakka eh comrade? :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
216 posts
6,578 battles
5 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I think the bigger thing to actually take from them numbers is you only actually hit 515 shells from the 2600 shells fired making it barely just over 20% hit ratio and got 100k damage almost

also the 16 fires from 515 hits is an average of 1 fire every 32 shells

*cough* cant see no Russian bias here lol

• Cool 2

[TNG-2]
Members
2,047 posts
4,336 battles

I rarely play the Smolensk. Maybe once a day for daily’s. Other than that i keep her in port because she is that OP. I try to not make other players experience horrible. 

[TOG]
Members
3,970 posts
21,354 battles
2 hours ago, Feclez said:

I think the bigger thing to actually take from them numbers is you only actually hit 515 shells from the 2600 shells fired making it barely just over 20% hit ratio and got 100k damage almost

also the 16 fires from 515 hits is an average of 1 fire every 32 shells

*cough* cant see no Russian bias here lol

I'm pretty sure I would had gotten a better hit ratio if there were less people focused firing on me. Take a look at the potential damage number.

[INTEL]
Members
2,553 posts
13,090 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I rarely play the Smolensk. Maybe once a day for daily’s. Other than that i keep her in port because she is that OP. I try to not make other players experience horrible. 

Same, except I took Smolensk out for a small stretch to see if I could make it work consistently.  I was punished for small mistakes and much more so because everyone is looking to delete the ship ASAP.  After 20 battles I had some really good ones and some really bad ones.  I know I can do better in the ship but I'm not sure I want to.

And Colbert as well.  Despite lots of shatters, it's annoying as heck.  Its constant rainbow of salt is a bread trail for enemy shells.

Members
1,112 posts
8 hours ago, Prothall said:

Throw the dakka dakka, reload booster, and Russian railguns ships in the trash. God I miss the old days when the ships in tier were fairly well balanced (granted there were only 2 national lines at the time). These newer ships are getting more and more insane and this game is getting more and more trashy because of it.

right, they are post WWII (Cold War Era) advanced cruisers...

Sign in to follow this