You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dictator_Lee

What to do with $20

20 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
16 posts
355 battles

I know this is more of an opinion based question, but I just got a $20 wows gift card. What do you guys think is the best thing to spend it on? I probably won't be spending much in the near future.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,623 posts
10 minutes ago, Dictator_Lee said:

I know this is more of an opinion based question, but I just got a $20 wows gift card. What do you guys think is the best thing to spend it on? I probably won't be spending much in the near future.

If you don't have premium time, is would spend it on premium time.

[SIM]
Members
4,207 posts
7,231 battles

I would suggest that you hold onto your card for a bit, keep playing the game to figure out what your favorite class is, and then put it towards a nice tier V premium ship. 

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles

convert to dubs and send to me, ty in advance

• Funny 1

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
20 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I would suggest that you hold onto your card for a bit, keep playing the game to figure out what your favorite class is, and then put it towards a nice tier V premium ship. 

And keep in mind that WG just initiated a discount program through the in-game Armory for 25% off any doubloon ship in the Armory, with two coupons a year. It might work out cheaper to buy dubs in the Premium shop and then convert the dubs to a ship than buy the ship directly. I'd throw a little extra cash in to buy a T6, though, since T6 can be used in Operations, and it's an easy way to grind massive amounts of credits and experience.

Matt

Edited by mobryan
  • Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
16 posts
355 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

convert to dubs and send to me, ty in advance

Great! Should I send you my credit card and social security number while I'm at it?

Beta Testers
3,326 posts
13,078 battles
5 minutes ago, Dictator_Lee said:

Great! Should I send you my credit card and social security number while I'm at it?

By all means send it to

CrMiNaL__@prisonauthorities.net

The Guards will see that I get it

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Funny 3

[PVE]
Members
3,838 posts
22,021 battles
2 minutes ago, Dictator_Lee said:

Rather best advice if you're thinking about getting a premium ship is in the post right above the 1 I'm quoting (just bringing it to your attention as he didn't quote you directly & you might have missed it) but the suggestion above to save it until Xmas for 1/2 price premium time is good too.

Members
2,600 posts
7,417 battles

Definitely hold onto it until Christmas - it will give you another few months to get a feel for the game and figure out what playstyles you like so you can get a premium ship that you’d enjoy more, or if none of them interest you you can buy discounted premium time that will help with grinds in game

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
14 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Smith and Tachibana are 1$ in the shop. There's also a handful of T5-6 ships for 10$.

I forgot about those special offers, probably because I've got them all, but you could get quite a fleet for $20. I see that you mostly play USN anyhow, so you could get Texas, Marblehead, and Smith for just under your budget. None of them are super-must have ships. Texas is a decent boat but recently neutered by the AA changes, Marblehead is squishy but serviceable, and the Smith is just a 99 cent meme machine. Still, they would be three premiums you could rotate a captain through for training, and not going to bust your budget.

Matt

Edit: Don't think you have to decide quickly because they are on sale, those ships are on near-permanent discount.

Edited by mobryan
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,574 posts
4,246 battles

I recommend buying some premium time to help with grinding through your ships. If you can wait a few weeks, there might be some good discounts during Halloween.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,126 posts
19,914 battles
2 hours ago, Dictator_Lee said:

but I just got a $20 wows gift card.

I believe you can only buy doubloons in the shop with those cards.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,802 posts
4,866 battles

The wows gift cards are only redeemable for doubloons

[KNMSU]
Members
6,802 posts
7,425 battles
2 hours ago, Dictator_Lee said:

Uhhhh... uhm... Molotov is fun...

[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
20 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

The wows gift cards are only redeemable for doubloons

If this is the case, redeem them and HOLD the doubloons until around Christmas time. Wargaming puts the tech tree premium ships on sale for 20-50% off around the holidays. I am hopeful that they also put the premium ships in the Armory on sale too, have to wait and see about that. Currently I am holding onto my doubloons for an Armory sale over Christmas.

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
18,317 posts
11,324 battles
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

This ^^^^

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,203 posts
17,729 battles
4 hours ago, Dictator_Lee said:

What do you guys think is the best thing to spend it on?

A new game.

• Boring 2

[VW]
Members
3,197 posts
16,229 battles
4 hours ago, Dictator_Lee said:

Dubloons. With these you could eventually buy a premium ship or premium time. Wait for a dubloon sale to cash in.