Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Salvo_Creative

In Game Training Videos

6 comments in this topic

[3COWS]
Members
712 posts

I think the game is big enough to warrant In Game Training videos (not You tube linked, not external) but in game training videos. 

Not sure what the triggers should be, but they should be shown to everyone. 

These are not 'How to play specific ship' videos, 

These need to be team tactics, strategies for specific maps, how to use your chosen ship class on specific maps to maximum efficiency to benifit your team while not specifically saying "HEY ALWAYS PLAY LIKE THIS" but to help people understand a basic tactic to playing the map they might be now on. 

Stylize it like the old WW2 videos. 

Maybe have Chieftain narrate it in his cheesest wartime propaganda voice. 

I currently cannot see any downsides. 

These would only to guide cruisers to kill DD's. BB's to help push a cap with their DD and CL, CV's spotting then hunting DD's explicitly etc..... 

• Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts

The vast majority of players come to play an arcade game, they don't have any interest in getting deeper.

92% of the players play less than 3 games/day, the vast majority of those play less than 20 games/month.

You really think they'll tolerate the game trying to force them to learn tactics?:Smile_amazed:

Get over yourself, randoms will always be a mess due to the player base at large, and it's not going to change.:Smile_sceptic:

[PQUOD]
Members
3,083 posts
11,709 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The vast majority of players come to play an arcade game, they don't have any interest in getting deeper.

92% of the players play less than 3 games/day, the vast majority of those play less than 20 games/month.

:Smile_great:

This.

I know.

When I started this was me. Pew Pew Pew-a-Rama. I'd feel safe saying the majority of Co-op and Random is filled with this to this day. 

The CB and ranked sprint is probably a mix.

Leaning a little more to the competitive side would be regular ranked.

KoTS is probably the purist competitive mode.

[3COWS]
Members
712 posts
16 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You really think they'll tolerate the game trying to force them to learn tactics?:Smile_amazed:

Get over yourself, randoms will always be a mess due to the player base at large, and it's not going to change.:Smile_sceptic:

The don't try attitude. Got it. 

[PVE]
Members
3,851 posts
22,064 battles
14 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

:Smile_great:

This.

I know.

When I started this was me. Pew Pew Pew-a-Rama. I'd feel safe saying the majority of Co-op and Random is filled with this to this day. 

The CB and ranked sprint is probably a mix.

Leaning a little more to the competitive side would be regular ranked.

KoTS is probably the purist competitive mode.

I think you got CBs & regular ranked mixed up there...there's no divving in regular ranked & the team play is rare at best even in the top spots whereas CBs have more cohesiveness due to 7 players on a team all (theoretically) working together...especially the ones that make it into the higher leagues.

Of course at the lower echelons of any of them us potatoes are in the majority.

[PQUOD]
Members
3,083 posts
11,709 battles
30 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I think you got CBs & regular ranked mixed up there...there's no divving in regular ranked & the team play is rare at best even in the top spots whereas CBs have more cohesiveness due to 7 players on a team all (theoretically) working together...especially the ones that make it into the higher leagues.

Of course at the lower echelons of any of them us potatoes are in the majority.

True about the no div'ing up in regular ranked. I was just meaning the competitive crowd opposed to the more casual crowd. 

Sign in to follow this