Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Jutland captain

12 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,002 posts
9,654 battles

Current build. I'm thinking of removing IFHE so can add SI and BFT, but IDK. From reading her in-game specs, Jutland's more of an opportunistic cap harasser, but without IFHE don't think I can do much damage.

Any help's appreciated. UK DDs were never really my thing.

shot-19.09.26_15.37.51-0213.jpg

[TROLO]
Members
200 posts
13,151 battles

Swap out TAE for Superintendent. You have a heal, and Superintendent is a must have for all ships with a heal. And TAE is unnecessary, you have like 8 single-fire torpedoes.

Also, maybe swap out SE for another 3 pointer? Having heals means you don’t really need raw HP numbers like Fletcher, Benham, Yugumo, Kitakaze, or Chung Mu. Instead, maybe BFT (to help offset the nerf Jutland got to her rate of fire) or DE (to offset the nerf to fire chance that comes with IFHE)

• Cool 1

[TDR]
Members
377 posts
6,287 battles
43 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Current build. I'm thinking of removing IFHE so can add SI and BFT, but IDK. From reading her in-game specs, Jutland's more of an opportunistic cap harasser, but without IFHE don't think I can do much damage.

That is the build I use minus TAE and add BFT for improved gun reload. She’s a gunboat first

[TNG-2]
Members
2,047 posts
4,336 battles
14 hours ago, Reymu said:

From my understanding, you can not pen DDs with your HE  without IFHE. So in theory a DD player can just angle to you and make you become useless. 

My two cents.

Members
104 posts
11,073 battles

The Jutland is far from useless if you don't have IFHE.   You can pen the superstructure and start fires without IFHE..... but to be honest you really want IFHE.  During a knife fight you need that reliable damage that IFHE gives you.  Given the recent nerf to gun reload, I'd recommend swapping TAE to get BFT as others have said.  

I'm experimenting with no-IFHE on the Daring, where I've taken RPF instead and its working quite well.  On the Daring, I felt RPF was needed to avoid getting ambushed, given its worse concealment. Without IFHE, you just play it like a mini-Minotaur, and the Daring has a ROF good enough to make up for the lack of IFHE.  

[CVA16]
Members
4,067 posts
12,865 battles
On 9/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, robotdaddy said:

Without IFHE, you just play it like a mini-Minotaur, and the Daring has a ROF good enough to make up for the lack of IFHE.  

But what do you do when you get into a fight with another DD? Hoping to burn the other DD down fast is unlikely, no matter how many fires you start. Most DDs can bounce your AP with a little bit of angling, or half of it during normal hyper WASD typical of  gunfights/torp dodging.

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
On 9/26/2019 at 2:42 PM, Reymu said:

Personally, I would not recommend removing IFHE.   Without IFHE, your HE just shatters on everying and most dd players will easily counter you flinging AP with good angling.   SI, IMO is a good add to the Jut/Daring.   the Jut's RoF is very very good and, again IMO, BFT doesn't add enough to it to justify the burn of a 3pt skill

I was successful in the Jut (a fave of mine) with this build

hope that adds food for thought 

Members
1,906 posts
3,348 battles
On 9/29/2019 at 12:55 PM, robotdaddy said:

The Jutland is far from useless if you don't have IFHE.   You can pen the superstructure and start fires without IFHE..... but to be honest you really want IFHE.  During a knife fight you need that reliable damage that IFHE gives you.  Given the recent nerf to gun reload, I'd recommend swapping TAE to get BFT as others have said.  

I'm experimenting with no-IFHE on the Daring, where I've taken RPF instead and its working quite well.  On the Daring, I felt RPF was needed to avoid getting ambushed, given its worse concealment. Without IFHE, you just play it like a mini-Minotaur, and the Daring has a ROF good enough to make up for the lack of IFHE.  

I have been doing this on the PTS in Daring. You start with 15-point captains there. If I had 19 points, I'd take IFHE as well, but PTS tends to be smaller numbers of players in matches and DD heavy, so the RPF advantage is beneficial a lot like it is in ranked sprint.

Members
104 posts
11,073 battles
3 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

But what do you do when you get into a fight with another DD? Hoping to burn the other DD down fast is unlikely, no matter how many fires you start. Most DDs can bounce your AP with a little bit of angling, or half of it during normal hyper WASD typical of  gunfights/torp dodging.

Why I said “experimenting....”  As I said, it’s a trade off. You can’t pen the side armor but you can pen superstructure.  Plus, a lot of DD show broadsides when turning to run away where you can use AP, and with the high ROF in the Daring you can do a good bit of damage then.  The goal is that RPF allows you to control the engagement when you couldn’t otherwise do it given the lack of a concealment advantage.  

[CVA16]
Members
4,067 posts
12,865 battles
57 minutes ago, robotdaddy said:

The goal is that RPF allows you to control the engagement when you couldn’t otherwise do it given the lack of a concealment advantage.

I use RPF on other DDs that don't require a 14pt+ captain. Interested to see how your experiment works out. Realize I need the guns as I am having a helluva time landing torps most games. Lots of hydro out there and most seem to have finally learned about WASD. 

Sign in to follow this