You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Why am I forced to carry detonation flags on my DDs now?

55 comments in this topic

[TNG-2]
Members
2,048 posts
4,361 battles

For some reason I have been getting an awful a lot of detonations lately while playing DD. Fighting a Kiev in my Jutland, winning the fight, BOOM DETONATED. 

Fustrating

• Boring 4

Members
2,970 posts
11,446 battles

Try playing T10 CL.  Practically everyone on map will stop whatever they are doing, and focus fire your stern off the instant they can.  I swear, DDs have it easier than that, at least they don't have a citadel.

• Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
7,102 battles

I have always carried them I can't tell you the amount of times I have detonated another DD while in a Knife fight with them. If a DD can detonate you with it's ordinance then larger ordinance can as well.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,013 battles
17 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

For some reason I have been getting an awful a lot of detonations lately while playing DD.

I have to play for days and specifically try to get detonated. If I get one for the 10 flags in a week I consider my efforts to have been worth it.

• Cool 1

Members
162 posts
2,642 battles

DDs are 100% free real estate for detonations, getting hit pretty much anywhere might cause it to happen.

Edited by Aviri

Members
1,072 posts
4 minutes ago, Aviri said:

DDs are 100% free real estate for detonations, getting hit pretty much anywhere might cause it to happen.

Especially with bigger shells and/or Tiny Tims.  I detonated a Brit CL with Tiny Tims...

[PQUOD]
Members
3,087 posts
11,720 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Nothing has changed, that means the "chance" is real and you can still get a det, regardless of ship class.

I was detonated in my full health Montana by a single Midway torpedo. That was a "what just happened??", moment. 

• Funny 1

Members
88 posts
3,815 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I was detonated in my full health Montana by a single Midway torpedo. That was a "what just happened??", moment. 

I thought you were safe from detonation above a certain health threshold, no?

[TNG-3]
Members
442 posts
15,369 battles

1 shimakaze torpedo

1 full health Yamato

Detonation

Salt storm

glorious

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,688 posts
11,748 battles
32 minutes ago, Aviri said:

I once got detonated from full health in my Khabarovsk. Literally the first hit. I was both upset and laughing because it was such a David vs Goliath moment for the DD shooting at me.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,682 posts
5,280 battles

Only CVs are allowed to not get detonated regardless of HP percentage. Us plebs gotta fork over some Juliet Charlies or use the upgrade.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,768 posts
12,383 battles
30 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Yeah a large BB like Montana that also has the reputation as a “No Fly Zone”, getting detonated by an air attack would be a shock to everyone.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,459 posts
20,530 battles

DDs have always been the most vulnerable to Detonations.  Just be happy it doesn't happen anymore when you were at something like full or near full HP.  In those days, I remember playing my Bismarck and some poor dude in his DD got spotted, my secondaries start firing, and the near full HP DD player died from a Detonation.  Profit for me but I'm sure the guy was highly annoyed.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[3COWS]
Members
713 posts
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Try playing T10 CL.  Practically everyone on map will stop whatever they are doing, and focus fire your stern off the instant they can.  I swear, DDs have it easier than that, at least they don't have a citadel.

I hear (and have felt) That!

Members
5,033 posts
8,547 battles

No one is 'forced' to carry them.  It would be very wise for DDs and CAs to have them on all of the time.  Heck it would be good for some BBs to carry the flags.  Realistically - you roll the dice every time you do not have a flag.

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles

I run the Magazine module in slot 1 on all DD's and many cruisers. I think I've been detonated twice in the past 6 months.

[CAST]
Members
2,033 posts
9,340 battles
41 minutes ago, ScottMeisterheim said:

I thought you were safe from detonation above a certain health threshold, no?

You are.  You only get detonated if your health is below 75%.

• Cool 2

Members
1,188 posts
6,763 battles

Because detonations are the last thing standing between this realistic simulation of naval combat becoming a full blown kiddie arcade game. 

Edited by Rocketpacman
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,170 posts
6,338 battles

Detonations just allow WOWs to churn their battles on the server to swifter conclusion to make money for them.   I feel Dets should be eliminated...after all if they did,  do you think ANYONE would complain about them? 

• Boring 1

[FML]
Members
3,167 posts
13,519 battles
49 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

41 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I once got detonated from full health in my Khabarovsk. Literally the first hit. I was both upset and laughing because it was such a David vs Goliath moment for the DD shooting at me.

Unless this was before the change to no detonations above 75% HP, or by ‘full health’ you mean you were below 75% HP, then you were not detonated.

Replay or it didn’t happen. 

• Cool 1

[DJL]
Members
151 posts
5,134 battles
8 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You are.  You only get detonated if your health is below 75%.

Tell that to a friendly fuso I was trying to help him so I dropped torps CV torps on the north Carolina he was in a secondary fight with my kaga hit the nc 3 torps for 8k maybe 9k he was almost full hp and one torp strayed hit him Detonation I was in utter disbelief. One pink I'll never forget.

Edited by Athrun2021

[CAST]
Members
2,033 posts
9,340 battles
13 minutes ago, Athrun2021 said:

Tell that to a friendly fuso I was trying to help him so I dropped torps CV torps on the north Carolina he was in a secondary fight with my kaga hit the nc 3 torps for 8k maybe 9k he was almost full hp and one torp strayed hit him Detonation I was in utter disbelief. One pink I'll never forget.

He had to have been below 75% for that to happen.   If 3 torps hit, then the first 2 could take the health below the 75% threshold allowing the detonation roll on the third torp.