Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xTrowax

Citadel Overpens need to stop

26 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
230 posts
13,205 battles

Specifically, cruiser citadels being basically immune to full damage by Battleships. Why are you rewarding bad play? Cruisers today sail broadside to everything, and they don't get slammed for it. They get rewarded by taking 10% of the damage they should've taken, and then proceed to beat down the battleship that now has to wait 30 seconds to reload the dice again. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

[WOLFA]
Members
713 posts
5,280 battles

I just had a battle in my Dunk. Full broadside Leander 9km away. I pull the trigger full salvo water line completely midship and figure this guy is toast. 

Nope! 4 over pens and 1 ricochet. The rest of the shells just disappeared.

Edited by CorradoG60

Members
1,072 posts
4 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

I just had a battle in my Dunk. Full broadside Leander 9km away. I pull the trigger full salvo water line completely midship and figure this guy is toast. 

RNGesus giveth, and RNGesus taketh away.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

• Cool 1

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
4 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

You got 50% of your shells to touch your target in a Dunk?   Hell to get that from a Dunk at any range usually requires the sacrifice of 2 goats, a chicken and a bottle of rum!

• Cool 3

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,740 posts
12,080 battles

I find it even more amazing when my CA cruiser guns overpen a BB...now that is messed up.  Not talking occasionally here, but reset British CA line...its annoying to see.  I seem to be seeing more overpens lately at all tiers, I don't actually mind the overpen on a DD...figure its going right through, though the damage caused is messed up...ah well.

Members
2,958 posts
11,405 battles
38 minutes ago, BadWolfz said:

You got 50% of your shells to touch your target in a Dunk?   Hell to get that from a Dunk at any range usually requires the sacrifice of 2 goats, a chicken and a bottle of rum!

I could care less about chicken and goats, but I would rather have crap dispersion than to part with bottle of rum!

• Funny 1

Members
1,072 posts
40 minutes ago, BadWolfz said:

I wondered where the hell my goats went...

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,681 posts
11,740 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Oh boo hoo if you got an overpen you didn't hit the citadel!

It’s absolutely a thing. Woosters are the most noteable IMHO. My Republique always overpens them when broadside. I now wait until they are angled. Cit-city once they do that.

• Cool 2

[WOLFA]
Members
713 posts
5,280 battles
1 hour ago, BadWolfz said:

Don't ever talk about my goats that way again!

• Funny 2

Members
240 posts
8,470 battles
1 hour ago, CorradoG60 said:

A leander, you have to hit em more to the rear, behind the smokestack.

Members
1,072 posts
1 minute ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

A leander, you have to hit em more to the rear, behind the smokestack.

A little angle doesn't hurt, either, if you're in a BB.  Now, Boise on the other hand, just loads up the AP and watches Leander blow the hell up.

Members
240 posts
8,470 battles

Now, on Fiji and Edinburgh. You shoot between the front gun turret and the last gun turret for a citadel hit. I have all 3 of these ships.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,793 posts
13,813 battles

now a bb player is crying about not enough cidadel

thats a new one

• Boring 1

[CUTE]
Members
456 posts
15,274 battles
1 hour ago, xTrowax said:

Specifically, cruiser citadels being basically immune to full damage by Battleships. Why are you rewarding bad play? Cruisers today sail broadside to everything, and they don't get slammed for it. They get rewarded by taking 10% of the damage they should've taken, and then proceed to beat down the battleship that now has to wait 30 seconds to reload the dice again. 

Aim better

[3COWS]
Members
712 posts
2 hours ago, xTrowax said:

So I can see you are totally melting down today. 

Just having a look at the threads you have created,

Are you ok? Do we need to call someone for help for you?

[HINON]
Members
6,588 posts
9,866 battles
3 hours ago, xTrowax said:

big gun shell meets armor that might not arm the shell fuse, there, now you know why overpens happen, now shut up with your idiotic whining threads, it was entertaining at first, but now its just sad and annoying

Edited by tcbaker777

[PVE]
Members
3,840 posts
22,029 battles

Based on the now "closed for further replies" epicenter whine thread 2 threads below I guess we can safely say this didn't happen in epicenter.

Hard to hit anything while parked in the "far corner of the map".

[POP]
Members
1,518 posts
18,692 battles
3 hours ago, xTrowax said:

You are doing it wrong.

Sign in to follow this