You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xTrowax

Refuse to play Epicenter

49 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
230 posts
13,205 battles

Until WG either removes it, or gives us the option to choose our game mode, I'll be sailing my ship to a far corner of the map and sitting it out. This game mode sucks, and forces certain ships to be in positions they can't perform from.

Edited by xTrowax
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 7
  • Boring 10
  • Angry 15

[WORX]
Members
6,435 posts
16,189 battles
Just now, xTrowax said:

Until WG either removes it, or gives us the option to choose our game mode, I'll be available ng my ship to a far corner of the map and sitting it out. This game mode sucks, and forces certain ships to be in positions they can't perform from.

So why sour the gaming experience of others? Just because of a game mode... How about you use your imagination? Or better yet pretend and play normally?

The childish display is if you insist, will get you in time out...

You're an adult... I would advise you to adhere to my advice....

• Cool 6

[POP]
Members
1,518 posts
18,657 battles
5 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

Until WG either removes it, or gives us the option to choose our game mode, I'll be sailing my ship to a far corner of the map and sitting it out. This game mode sucks, and forces certain ships to be in positions they can't perform from.

You are doing it wrong

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,971 posts

I hate epicenter as much as you but that's no excuse to bail on your team. I always give my best effort in epicenter while cursing out the cat

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
2,552 posts
13,064 battles

I feel that way about Standard Battle mode

Except the part about driving my ship off to a corner.  I watch in amazement while my teammates drive off into the enemy corners of the map.

Edited by ClassicLib

[YORHA]
Members
4,458 posts
8,476 battles

With any luck you will be reported enough times to get a permanent bans.  That way everyone's problems will be solved. You won't have to play epicenter and we won't have to put up with a player who won't pull their weight because of silly reasons.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,736 posts
12,365 battles
8 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

What ships are you trying to use? Because I sometimes use ships that end up in Epicenter maps that can’t go diving into center immediately, but I still find ways to fight and support my team. And often later in the battle if needed I can make it into the center ring in part thanks to my providing  fire support for my team.

[OO7]
Members
5,766 posts
12,700 battles

What ships are forced into positions they cant perform in while playing epicenter? 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,943 posts
13,847 battles
14 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

Sounds like you need to improve your approach to the mode. 

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,963 battles
15 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

I'll be sailing my ship to a far corner of the map and sitting it out.

That is cheating and I hope you get reported often enough for rigging/throwing the battle to the opponents. Enjoy the suspensions and possible banning of your account.

WG is not going to make the game exactly as you want nor make anyone play the way you want them too.

• Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,458 posts
8,476 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

What ships are forced into positions they cant perform in while playing epicenter? 

Well... Tears of the Desert Epicenter can be problematic for Helena,  Boise and Nueve De Julio .

Short gun ranges vs large expanses of open water can lead to an unpleasant experience.

Edited by JCC45

[WORX]
Members
6,435 posts
16,189 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

WG is not going to make the game exactly as you want nor make anyone play the way you want them too.

The "gun" lobby of the players based disagrees mud lol :Smile_veryhappy:. So far in the 0.8 series patch... Torps have been almost eliminated from the game..

[HINON]
Members
6,585 posts
9,861 battles
21 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

cReniEQ.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
9 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

This game mode sucks

What I hear is  "I suck at this game mode and don't like it"

10 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

forces certain ships to be in positions they can't perform from

What I hear is "I don't perform well so it must be the game mode that is causing this"

11 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

I'll be sailing my ship to a far corner of the map and sitting it out

What is hear is a child throwing a tantrum in the sandbox not caring what impact is might have on others.

I'm not a fan of epicenter.   Just don't like the dynamics of it and struggle with positioning and tactics in some ships (this is on me).    Does that means it sucks? No, just means I don't like it.   Does the game mode 'force' ships into bad positions?  Nope, the ship driver does that just like in any other game mode.   Childish displays and outburst rarely have an effect on a situation, they just make it suck more for anyone in the area.

[GOOF]
Members
409 posts
4,728 battles

OP just switch to CV play that's basically what they do and they still get to decide the outcome of the match. 

• Boring 2

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,963 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Torps have been almost eliminated from the game..

Tell that to the targets I have been sinking from tier 2 to 10!

Members
5,031 posts
8,533 battles

I can only hope you get banned - or you could just uninstall the game since you think your opinion is the only one you think is "worthy".

[HINON]
Supertester
22,115 posts
15,964 battles
42 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

while cursing out the cat

What did I do ... ?

7cUElHq.jpg

• Funny 3

[GOBI]
Members
786 posts
2,156 battles
6 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

And people still blame MM for their losses...

Easy for t8 to t10 players to say this, try a t7 cruiser in a game with everything else mostly t9. More so when all dd are t9 and most CA  and BBs . Where your smoke is worthless and you are out gunned by even DDs. And you can't get close enough to use torps without a quick trip back to port. About all you can do is hang around a BB, help support it. Your not going to great numbers though. When I get these mm which is 90% of the time my numbers are 1/3 to 1/4 of what I get in more even tier matches. Unless you have something like a Belfast you really don't stand much of a chance. If I'm wrong I would like to see examples of average to very good players having great success in these scenarios in random. I know I suck, my numbers stink to high heaven but mm sure does not help. Sometimes I think players who have been around a long time and have not played t5 to t7 recently are clueless. Either that or I am the most unlucky sob with mm in the game.

How would you like to always be match with ships 2 tiers higher? Oh, that's right, if your t9 or t10 your not.

• Angry 1

[HKC]
Members
425 posts
53 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

So... um .. pretend the circles are not there, and play as normal.

[HKC]
Members
425 posts
31 minutes ago, grorg said:

OP just switch to CV play that's basically what they do and they still get to decide the outcome of the match. 

In fact the planes engage the enemy closely.  So... what???

[INTEL]
Members
2,552 posts
13,064 battles
3 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Easy for t8 to t10 players to say this, try a t7 cruiser in a game with everything else mostly t9. More so when all dd are t9 and most CA  and BBs . Where your smoke is worthless and you are out gunned by even DDs. And you can't get close enough to use torps without a quick trip back to port. About all you can do is hang around a BB, help support it. Your not going to great numbers though. When I get these mm which is 90% of the time my numbers are 1/3 to 1/4 of what I get in more even tier matches. Unless you have something like a Belfast you really don't stand much of a chance. If I'm wrong I would like to see examples of average to very good players having great success in these scenarios in random. I know I suck, my numbers stink to high heaven but mm sure does not help. Sometimes I think players who have been around a long time and have not played t5 to t7 recently are clueless. Either that or I am the most unlucky sob with mm in the game.

How would you like to always be match with ships 2 tiers higher? Oh, that's right, if your t9 or t10 your not.

I'm average and I love these games.  Of course it's not always this way, but often enough I'm in the top half of these battles.

unknown.png