You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

xp and weekend Driving Miss Daisy players

43 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles

It is Thursday. The last day before the weekend players to emerge from school or work or what ever they do when not playing the game badly. 

Most of us that play a lot, ie more than 50 plus games a week, that is about 60 hours a week of play time. 

The Friday to Sunday mm leave a lot to be desired. Most of the games are just littered with end results of half the team with a 500 base xp or less a game. which means a loss most of the time. 

I would like to know what mm was used to make the clan brawl scale and move good players against good players as to keep from having just mass murder of the lesser skilled players?

It was within 5 matches that my division was moved into much better competition. 

Why cant mm do the same thing in randoms?

Here is an idea, as I do not know how mm did the above sorting. 

mm keeps track of rolling 25 games base xp. 

sorts teams with similar range.  

0-500 in one group beginner

501-999 learning

1000-1500 good

1501-above competitive 

also make xp level win or loss. (this way when you are playing naval battles your team just being terrible doesn't cost you a star for your clan.  being that you only get 10 tries)

give a 50% bonus for a win separate of base xp

Edited by MEANN
  • Boring 6

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,126 posts
19,912 battles
3 minutes ago, MEANN said:

The Friday to Sunday mm leave a lot to be desired.

No it doesn't nor does it need any more changes. Skill based MM is not happening. Lose the MM Monitor and work with what you get without complaining.

• Cool 14
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[MESH]
Beta Testers
69 posts
7,110 battles

It’s a game, not a job. Most players play to have fun. So tired of elitist players complaining about all the other players all the time. 

• Cool 7
  • Angry 2

[HINON]
Members
11,926 posts

OP if you struggle to carry teams, you need to work on your own play.

qbj9auj.png

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
19 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

OP if you are struggle to carry teams, you need to work on your own play.

qbj9auj.png

If English is your first language, you need to work on it a lot.

You can't carry 9 players. Of you could the boat would be so op that is isn't funny. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
18,316 posts
11,313 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

It is Thursday. The last day before the weekend players to emerge from school or work or what ever they do when not playing the game badly. 

Most of us that play a lot, ie more than 50 plus games a week, that is about 60 hours a week of play time. 

The Friday to Sunday mm leave a lot to be desired. Most of the games are just littered with end results of half the team with a 500 base xp or less a game. which means a loss most of the time. 

I would like to know what mm was used to make the clan brawl scale and move good players against good players as to keep from having just mass murder of the lesser skilled players?

It was within 5 matches that my division was moved into much better competition. 

501-999 learning

1000-1500 good

1501-above competitive 

also make xp level win or loss. (this way when you are playing naval battles your team just being terrible doesn't cost you a star for your clan.  being that you only get 10 tries)

Probably what caused that was casual players leaving Clan Brawl when it was messing up getting you into a game, so what was left was mostly dedicated clan players.

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
11 minutes ago, MEANN said:

What if it isnt? Then what?

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,018 posts
2,953 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

501-999 learning

1000-1500 good

1501-above competitive 

Assuming that you are a good player then your team is always going to have at least one, while the other 23 players in that match are random. 

Random... almost like those matches were named that for a reason, but I digress.

Anyhow, if your team always has at least one good player your teams should win more often than they lose by virtue of your good gameplay.

So, yes you can carry, just not every game.

[WOLFX]
1,018 posts
2,953 battles

Curious question that this post made me think of. Does the MM monitor addon show overall win rate, win rate by ship, or some version of personal rating?

I've never used it on WoWs, but there was gearscore in World of Warcraft,  is this similar?

Members
1,072 posts
1 hour ago, dgr_874 said:

It’s a game, not a job. Most players play to have fun. So tired of elitist players complaining about all the other players all the time. 

It's that way in almost every PvP game.  Just ignore the people who have so little to their lives that they think their ability to play a game actually means anything outside said game.

• Cool 3

[O-PN]
Members
2,092 posts
4,395 battles
31 minutes ago, dechion said:

Random... almost like those matches were named that for a reason, but I digress.

Computers can't do random;  it's all code.  As such match making is a result of the code, not a roll of the dice (see previous comment).

Since computers can't do random, and even if it could any one player isn't equal to another, there needs to be some sort of distribution mechanic in said not-at-all-random code that sees teams balanced in a manner to ensure a good fight.  Players need not be put into separate Qs, though distribution of similar skills via a learning system is needed.

• Boring 2

Members
110 posts
1,510 battles
11 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Computers can't do random;  it's all code.  As such match making is a result of the code, not a roll of the dice (see previous comment).

Since computers can't do random, and even if it could any one player isn't equal to another, there needs to be some sort of distribution mechanic in said not-at-all-random code that sees teams balanced in a manner to ensure a good fight.  Players need not be put into separate Qs, though distribution of similar skills via a learning system is needed.

This is a worthless technicality unless you're working in a field like cryptography or are using the randomization functions given to you incorrectly.

For most situations, the randomization functions in standard libraries working off seeding and time will work just fine. If not, start using the techniques that cryptographic functions use for strong pseudo randomization. It's strong enough to mostly keep your data secure; I assure you it's robust enough to pick 24 people out of a pool of players and distribute them in an unpredictable fashion.

Edited by Enpra
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
18,316 posts
11,313 battles
12 minutes ago, dechion said:

Curious question that this post made me think of. Does the MM monitor addon show overall win rate, win rate by ship, or some version of personal rating?

I've never used it on WoWs, but there was gearscore in World of Warcraft,  is this similar?

I think that it is per ship.

[PVE]
Members
18,316 posts
11,313 battles
16 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

5 minutes ago, Enpra said:

This is a worthless technicality unless you're working in a field like cryptography or are using the randomization functions given to you incorrectly.

For most situations, the randomization functions in standard libraries working off seeding and time will work just fine. If not, start using the techniques that cryptographic functions use for strong pseudo randomization. It's strong enough to mostly keep your data secure; I assure you it's robust enough to pick 24 people out of a pool of players and distribute them in an unpredictable fashion.

This ^^^

For most mundane purposes, like gaming, computer RNG is more than random enough.

[WOLFX]
1,018 posts
2,953 battles
33 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think that it is per ship.

That would make sense. I've never set it up, because I'd rather not know, lol.

I already know I'm just about average, better in some ships than others. 

[PVE]
Members
18,316 posts
11,313 battles
12 minutes ago, dechion said:

That would make sense. I've never set it up, because I'd rather not know, lol.

I already know I'm just about average, better in some ships than others. 

Yeah, Match Making Monitor (MMM) just fosters a 'we have lost' mentality before the battle even starts IMO. I won' use it even tho some use it to identify priority targets.

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
3 hours ago, MEANN said:

You can't carry 9 players. Of you could the boat would be so op that is isn't funny. 

MEANN, not to be mean, but you should be careful about calling out others' language skills when yours are also somewhat lacking.

Title: Miss Dasiy ?   Methinks you meant Miss Daisy.

This post: "Of you could", when you clearly mean "if you could".

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, Match Making Monitor (MMM) just fosters a 'we have lost' mentality before the battle even starts IMO. I won' use it even tho some use it to identify priority targets.

I agree with the first part.  The second part is a bit dodgier, as it depends on what you think of as priority targets.  Do you care more about deleting the enemy's weakest players first or their strongest ones?

MMM is somewhat similar to the old XVM mod ion WoT.  And I remember how some WoT unicums would complain about how unfair it was for XVM to identify them to the enemy team as unicums because they didn't like getting singled out.  My attitude was "cry me a river".  In RL sports, everyone knows who the great players are, and those great players get focused on all the time, in whatever ways are appropriate to their sport.  And the thing was that RL sports superstars would see this as a challenge to be faced not something to complain about.  And if the superstar in question couldn't overcome the focus, the great ones would still try to make sure that the opposing team still had to put 2-3 people on him to make life easier for the rest of his team.  Heck, I've seen times in the past where a constantly double and triple teamed player would still get his points, but he'd have to work sooooo damned hard to do it that he'd be completely worn out and his team just wasn't up to taking up the slack.  So, it can go both ways.

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
3 hours ago, Pytheas said:

What if it isnt? Then what?

Meh.  Some are better than others when their native language isn't English.  I'm sure that a lot of it is simply how much experience they have using English, written and spoken.  Some are better at getting their point across than others.  Most here seem OK, though once in a while we run across someone whose written English is so bad that it's really difficult to be sure what they're trying to say.

[HATE]
Members
726 posts
12,765 battles
18 minutes ago, Crucis said:

MEANN, not to be mean, but you should be careful about calling out others' language skills when yours are also somewhat lacking.

A typist im not, most of my errors are typos. however i am so glad you have spent the time to tell me.

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
18 minutes ago, MEANN said:

A typist im not, most of my errors are typos. however i am so glad you have spent the time to tell me.

It's the same with me.  But at the same time, when I'm writing up a post specifically to call out someone else's spelling, I will double and triple check my post for spelling errors, just because I don't want to get called out it while trying to call out someone else.  But every once in a while, you'll have properly spelled but misused words that no spell checker could catch.

[PVE]
Members
18,316 posts
11,313 battles
28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I agree with the first part.  The second part is a bit dodgier, as it depends on what you think of as priority targets.  Do you care more about deleting the enemy's weakest players first or their strongest ones?

MMM is somewhat similar to the old XVM mod ion WoT.  And I remember how some WoT unicums would complain about how unfair it was for XVM to identify them to the enemy team as unicums because they didn't like getting singled out.  My attitude was "cry me a river".  In RL sports, everyone knows who the great players are, and those great players get focused on all the time, in whatever ways are appropriate to their sport.  And the thing was that RL sports superstars would see this as a challenge to be faced not something to complain about.  And if the superstar in question couldn't overcome the focus, the great ones would still try to make sure that the opposing team still had to put 2-3 people on him to make life easier for the rest of his team.  Heck, I've seen times in the past where a constantly double and triple teamed player would still get his points, but he'd have to work sooooo damned hard to do it that he'd be completely worn out and his team just wasn't up to taking up the slack.  So, it can go both ways.

Some use it for the weakest or strongest players. Personally, I'd rather just play the people in front of me when I play randoms. I don't need the extra worry of am I supposed to shoot that guy first or this one. I'd rather just concentrate on DDs and whatever other ship after the DDs are gone.

21 minutes ago, MEANN said:
40 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Irony abounds below. 

3 hours ago, MEANN said:
4 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

OP if you are struggle to carry teams, you need to work on your own play.

qbj9auj.png

2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's the same with me.  But at the same time, when I'm writing up a post specifically to call out someone else's spelling, I will double and triple check my post for spelling errors, just because I don't want to get called out it while trying to call out someone else.  But every once in a while, you'll have properly spelled but misused words that no spell checker could catch.

:Smile_honoring: :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,072 posts
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

you'll have properly spelled but misused words that no spell checker could catch.

That's the ones the spellchecker in your head should get.   Doesn't mean I'm immune to typos.  Also, I had a TIA and another minor stroke about 10 years ago, and since then I have some minor aphasia that sometimes makes words a bit strange, more when spoken than when written, but it happens here on the forums sometimes.  My own editing function still will see the errors...if I use it.

Edited by agm114r

[SALVO]
Members
22,901 posts
23,445 battles
18 minutes ago, agm114r said:

That's the ones the spellchecker in your head should get.   Doesn't mean I'm immune to typos.  Also, I had a TIA and another minor stroke about 10 years ago, and since then I have some minor aphasia that sometimes makes words a bit strange, more when spoken than when written, but it happens here on the forums sometimes.  My own editing function still will see the errors...if I use it.

Oh, I agree, but sometimes one can rely on the editor's basic spell checking a little too much and one overlooks those sorts of misuse errors.

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
204 posts
9,050 battles
6 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

qbj9auj.png

When in doubt,  consult Dasha...