Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

What's new folks? And hello again to the few names I recognized.

23 comments in this topic

[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,431 battles

WB coerced me into downloading the game again..  Currently doing so as I type.  Decided to pop into the forums and see what has been the "haps" in the year plus I have been gone.  I see Submarines are now a "thing" in spite of my last remembrance of WG adamantly proclaiming that in no way, no how, and never in this or any parallel universe would there ever be Subs..  lol.  Glad to see WG hasn't changed with regards to changing their minds.  Appears people still hate the MM system and Battleships are still  a "thing" though I see lots of comments on the KM line needing some help and that is too bad.  KM used to be the god's gift to BB brawlers.  Guess I'll have to check this out closer when the game loads.  Surprisingly little hate on the forum for DD's and torpedoes.  That is sort of strange...   Is Fem still rocking those Carriers?   My all time favorite player to match up against in spite of the many beatings her planes dealt me.  

At any rate.  Hello again to those that remember and hello to those that don't.  I should be back to my good ol' BB brawling potato self before too long.  :) 

'Pig

• Cool 3

[-BRS-]
Members
484 posts
10,370 battles

BBware of the multitude of HE spamming ships introduced.  Some are straight up laughable (in a third-degree burn kind of way) in their effectiveness.  

Still, I find the game as enjoyable as ever.

Comp. #WV44

[LG_X]
Members
446 posts
15,671 battles

Nothing too much has changed. There are some new ship lines and a few new mechanics. Some maps have been adjusted. New graphics systems and the new sound system.

And of course there is still the vocal minority who are afraid of new things and hates anything WG ever does.

But mostly it's the same game you left. Myself having played off and on since 2016, I can say without a doubt that the game is better now. But obviously that's just my opinion.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,455 posts
4,550 battles
12 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Hello again to those that remember

Howdy Cap.  Welcome back.

That little blue city has metastasized and now threatens the host.

Best occupy your attention here.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,953 battles
26 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Appears people still hate the MM system

MM has had an adjustment to lessen the chances of being low tiered too often. It works but there are still complaints that appear to be from Match Maker Monitor users and Skill Based MM whiners.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,803 posts
4,866 battles

I'm planning to take a long break from the game as I play some of my single player games on my ps4 and switch. I got to many unplayed games.....some I brought last year and never played it. Like RDR2 for example

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,564 posts
14,682 battles

Prepare to get melted by 3 Smolensk's divisions when playing your Grosser Kurrfurst.  That and getting repeatedly citadeled by AP bombers from IJN CV's and the odd Enterprise.  The meta has not been kind to German BB players.

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

I'm planning to take a long break from the game as I play some of my single player games on my ps4 and switch. I got to many unplayed games.....some I brought last year and never played it. Like RDR2 for example

When the PC version comes out, i expect to bounce from here.

[WORX]
Members
6,419 posts
16,183 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

WB coerced me into downloading the game again..  Currently doing so as I type.  Decided to pop into the forums and see what has been the "haps" in the year plus I have been gone.  I see Submarines are now a "thing" in spite of my last remembrance of WG adamantly proclaiming that in no way, no how, and never in this or any parallel universe would there ever be Subs..  lol.  Glad to see WG hasn't changed with regards to changing their minds.  Appears people still hate the MM system and Battleships are still  a "thing" though I see lots of comments on the KM line needing some help and that is too bad.  KM used to be the god's gift to BB brawlers.  Guess I'll have to check this out closer when the game loads.  Surprisingly little hate on the forum for DD's and torpedoes.  That is sort of strange...   Is Fem still rocking those Carriers?   My all time favorite player to match up against in spite of the many beatings her planes dealt me.  

At any rate.  Hello again to those that remember and hello to those that don't.  I should be back to my good ol' BB brawling potato self before too long.  :) 

'Pig

I would understand if you want to reconsider your life choices :cap_rambo:

Welcome back...

Edited by Navalpride33

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,791 posts
13,813 battles

Welcome back

They destroy the old carrier gameplay and change to a new boring first person flying around.

They make a lot DDs gunboats and some light cls.

And some russian op bbs.

And prett much that.

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Surprisingly little hate on the forum for DD's and torpedoes

The only reason there is little DD hate is that it has been replaced with post rework CV hate and new Sub hate.  :Smile_veryhappy:    Now when the DD hate starts, a DD main just mentions CVs or Sub and BOOM!!! The target is instantly shifted!

Welcome back and best of luck to you out there!

[O_O]
Members
3,943 posts
17,871 battles

Welcome back and Good Luck! Changes have occurred, whiners continue to whine, nerfs and buffs, and all that trash. You should still have fun brawling in your GK...

[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,431 battles
42 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would understand if you want to reconsider your life choices :cap_rambo:

Welcome back...

I'm a cheap date..  toss a little free stuff at me and I am drawn in.  But I know my own faults and I won't come back 15 years from now and claim inappropriate behavior on their part.  I went into this willingly.  :) 

[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,431 battles
2 hours ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Ive had a name change but I recognize you,  Welcome back

Annnd..  You were before the "change"?  I totally respect your boundaries by the way.  I am supportive of your decisions.  ;)  If you have any preferred pronouns..  Please let me know.  I won't remember to use them, but at least know that I was considerate enough to ask.  :)    (Now you really remember me.  lol.)

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[WORX]
Members
6,419 posts
16,183 battles
9 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I'm a cheap date..  toss a little free stuff at me and I am drawn in.  But I know my own faults and I won't come back 15 years from now and claim inappropriate behavior on their part.  I went into this willingly.  :) 

Well then you been warned... :Smile_veryhappy:

If you're looking for just fun I say IMO tiers 4 - 7... Now if you want a fiery Root canal experience then tiers 8 -10.

OR how about being deleted from 4 tiles away (say you're in tile 3 and a BB DELETES YOU FROM TILE 7).

Be advised you were warned,,,

BTW

Torps is no longer a threats since the 0.8.0.1 to current patch series went live... They even took away the Liquidator achievement

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
3,638 posts
18,026 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Annnd..  You were before the "change"?  I totally respect your boundaries by the way.  I am supportive of your decisions.  ;)  If you have any preferred pronouns..  Please let me know.  I won't remember to use them, but at least know that I was considerate enough to ask.  :)    (Now you really remember me.  lol.)

You probably don't know me but i am silverdahc :Smile_smile:

[WOLF1]
Members
123 posts
17,017 battles

Ppfft....didn't even know you left..I mean...welcome back capt!  I remember you were a big fan of the big BB GK.

Hope to see ya on the seas!

[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,431 battles
17 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

Ppfft....didn't even know you left..I mean...welcome back capt!  I remember you were a big fan of the big BB GK.

Hope to see ya on the seas!

Very true I was a big fan of the KM line of BB's.  Especially the secondary builds.  A game with less than 2 close quarter achievements was a poor game IMHO.  lol.   If it is true that torps aren't that big of a deal anymore I may be an even biggerfan of the BB lines as stealth torps were pretty much the bane of my existence.   

Sign in to follow this