You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

What is the worst Tier 9

61 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
456 posts
20,730 battles

My vote is the Seattle, I may be biased due to my current difficulties. But it just seems to be horrible.  I can remember a worse one. I'm interested to see if anyone agrees or not

Edited by vikingno2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
157 posts
7,570 battles

The problem is that good players that position well can make most things work. I have been given a hard time by azumas that know when to showem and when to holdem.

[NSEW]
Members
1,532 posts
9,722 battles

FDG for me too. I've sold her twice, after buying her twice. Only to give up not care much on on progressing to GK

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,706 posts
37,070 battles

For me it was between FDG and Izumo.  But the Izumo has been buffed since I grinded past her so she is in a better state now.  So my vote goes to FDG.

[H_]
Members
2,955 posts
13,482 battles

IZUMO !!!  There isn't another ship as worthless as that one.....  I vote for a serious IJN tier 9 !!!  Come on Dev's, let's get one out there for the IJN.....

[KAPPA]
Members
1,227 posts
6,943 battles

My vote is Roon. An aggressive cruiser player like me does not do well when 2/3 of my firepower is on my stern. Azuma, Izumo, FDG, Seattle, and Neptune have actually been very good boats for me, though Seattle was helped by having a 14 pt IFHE cruiser captain ready and waiting to be put on her right away, I can see how she'd suffer without IFHE to give her some alpha at T9.

I think much of the Izumo hate comes from how she was a couple of years ago combined with getting used to the all-forward arrangement. I've seen time and again how people think the Nelson layout would make a huge difference, having both + Lenin, believe me, it isn't as big a difference as many think. Izumo's reputation will likely never fully recover from the early issues, much like the M-16's reputation is still hampered by the issues it had in Vietnam (which were due to lack of training, iffy ammo, and possibly sloppy manufacturing in the rush to get the guns out of the doors of the factory after production ramped up).

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,855 posts
9,017 battles

Izumo and FDG are both okay now. Azuma and Seattle might be the worst but they're not that far from being alright.

[CAPGO]
Members
732 posts
6,111 battles

I agree with OP. Seattle is a horrible experience. You have to rely on red's bad play for you to do well in a Seattle.

Izumo is monster after the recent buff to its sigma, definitely #1 pick from TT bbs. FDG also received buff to reload and now she is a beast in competitive game modes where there is less players.

FDG was actually one of the top 5 performing ship regardless of the classes in the last season when they hosted tier 9 ranked.

Edited by VVoony

[USCN]
Beta Testers
2,792 posts
23,273 battles
42 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Seattle is pretty bad.

Its not  that  bad

[VETSN]
Members
966 posts
3 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Its not  that  bad

If it was just a little bit faster it would be a monster.  Faster turret traverse, rudder, speed.

[LG_X]
Members
446 posts
15,671 battles

Of the ships I currently have, I'd have to say my least favorite right now is Seattle. But she's still new to me at this point so that may easily change.

Also, I pick Seattle despite owning crowd unfavorites like FDG, Izumo, and Neptune(all three of which I liked enough to put permacamo on).

Edited by Junkieturtle

[WOLFG]
Members
96 posts
6,921 battles

Didn’t mind the Seattle in T9 ranked. All I did was focus on supporting the DDs capping and killing one enemy DD (radar and high rate of fire). After that it was just fire starting and hoping to get another DD. I ranked out quickly and the short games, coupled with XP boosting flags and camo made the grind fairly painless.

The FDG was the first ship I had to free XP through and I’m glad I did as the GK is a riot.

Members
2,977 posts
11,489 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

My vote is the Seattle, I may be biased due to my current difficulties. But it just seems to be horrible.  I can remember a worse one. I'm interested to see if anyone agrees or not

I opened this thread with the single intention of claiming that Seattle is that ship, in my experience.

[ES]
Members
456 posts
20,730 battles

I did very good with the Izumo before its buffs, was good with Neptune as well, but I can't seem to get a win with the Seattle. Some of its bad luck or just a poor team but man I just horrible in Seattle, last couple of month I have had a win rate in the low to mid 60s but in the Seattle 28% lol

[WOLFG]
Members
311 posts
8,964 battles

Didn't care for the Seattle too much.  Took a bit of getting used to after playing the other USN cruisers.  Not sure if it's the worst tier 9 in the game, but it felt like it to me. 

I liked the Izumo and FDG much more than the Seattle, and to be honest, I don't see why people hate them so much. I know why people say they hate them, but I just don't see it.  Maybe it's because I'm a pretty sucky player compared to those saying they hate those 2 ships, lol.

Members
2,977 posts
11,489 battles

Truthfully, I find that premium T9 ships are more fun to play than any of the less fortunate tech tree brethren.  I did keep all of my tech tree T9s for snowflakes and such, but I don’t take them out at all.  Although, I must admit that those T9 soviet destroyers were rather fun, maybe I should revisit them.

• Cool 1

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,272 battles

Izumo was my first T9 in the game. That was nearly 4 years ago, I still have yet to get my Yamato and I have 7 or 8 T10s at this point. It has the least rewarding guns of any ship I have ever played. They might as well just spray confetti. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
18,499 posts
11,466 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

The one that sinks you. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_hiding: