Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Petrishnikov

Requesting Recomendation

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
18,452 posts
11,392 battles
1 minute ago, Petrishnikov said:

They have their good and bad points. 

Do you like the PA line? If so, Irian works well with a DD build, so you don't really need a special cmdr setup.

Do you like RU BBs? Lenin is a nice trainer and has that all front setup of guns to really work with bow tanking.

Do you like US CAs? Wichita is a fairly average USN CA.

If I didn't have them already, I would rank them Lenin, Irian, Wichita personally. Others may differ.

Good luck to whichever one you choose.

• Cool 1

[ALL41]
Members
479 posts
10,273 battles

What Tech Tree ships do you own?    You can freely put your TT captains in the Premium ship, so that should be a part of your decision.

For me it's Wichita.     I play my Wichita in Tier8 Clan Battles, and drop my 19pt Halsey captain into her when I do so.    

[VETSN]
Members
956 posts

Speaking from experience, Lenin and Irian are fun ships.  Depends on your preferred play style, if you’ve played a BB like Lenin before, you’ll do well with its accuracy, but it has soft armor on the sides.  Irian is basically a RU Kutuzov without smoke and deep water torps that troll cruisers and BB’s.  It’s squishy, but a fire breather and the torps are fun.  

[RKLES]
Members
10,759 posts
12,383 battles

Personally I am waiting to get the now only 1,900 additional Doubloons to get Roma thanks to the coupon and getting more Doubloons in the  anniversary event. Since Italian tech tree lines are incoming soon and captain training will be needed. Roma is stealthy, fast, and it’s guns punch right through heavy enemy armor with ease.

But if you are not a BB player and prefer CAs or maybe even DDs then waiting a little longer until the upcoming ships arrive, you will have wider selection available. And Italian CAs might cause game meta to change a little and making an informed decision will be easier once those are in game.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[HINON]
Supertester
22,154 posts
16,021 battles
  • Irian is an uninspiring but dependable, no-frills CL.
  • Lenin is Nelson refined, though lacking the superheal and inflated HE performance
  • Wichita is ... ok I suppose, a representable USCA, but rather boring IMO.

My list would be Lenin over Irian over Wichita, but I'm a BB main, and the differences are minimal. All three ships orbit reliable mediocrity, pick the one that suits what captain training you want to do.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,105 posts

Depends on which ships and commanders you already have. For example:

While I like Wichita, if you have Baltimore dont bother.

I would rather Nelson over Lenin due to my CO setup.

I have Kutuzov and dont need Irian.

[SEC_8]
Members
113 posts
20,232 battles

I have all the ships in the tech tree up to T10 (i don't get rid of the ships I earned; 309+ ships in port), just looking for something fun and different. BTW, I have Kutuzov also.

Edited by Petrishnikov

Sign in to follow this