You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

Can WG give Indianapolis and New Orleans a second look

58 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
732 posts
6,083 battles

What good is Indianapolis right now?

I guess her role is a glass canon, but if you think about it, York is better canon after the buff to her AP now.

York has better AP shell, better HE shell, and she is one of the tankier cruisers at her tier. 

So what strength does Indianapolis has? not a lot..

Her radar is unique trait at her tier for cruisers but.. it doesn't really help her at combat.

You could say she is a utility ship , a support ship.. but who would want to play a heavy cruiser for that role?

Her concealment is mediocre, her citadel is huge... her reload is slow.. in my opinion, she really needs something.

I think if we give Indianapolis a heal and New Orleans better ROF(just like Hipper and Prinz Eugen variant), it would make them better balanced and unique at her tier.

only the best prayers in the world would be playing them right now because you need the best pray to avoid getting blobbed from the first salvo that hits you..

and for all of the effort you put to avoid shells, there is very minimum rewards for playing them..

It's really rare to see Indianapolis or New Orleans on the sea..they could really use some attention. 

Edited by VVoony

Members
1,072 posts

The worst problem for New Orleans and Indianapolis is Helena. 

If someone wants to drive a US T7 cruiser, Helena is, imo, the best of them, and her sister, Boise, is pretty damned nice, too.  NO and Indy just get forgotten.  Also, Atlanta.

Edited by agm114r
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[O-PN]
Members
2,108 posts
4,424 battles

A majority of TT ships are in need of love, especially any that have been out for 18mo.  The current push of releasing broken ships in comparison to the measly TT offerings is out of hand. 

Granted they did want to offer up some buffs to TT ships but,  the outrage over the training center doesn't need repeated.

image.png.fdd120268869fbdb7f97ece92f819694.png

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[ALL41]
Members
479 posts
10,273 battles

Yup, that 14.3 second reload ensures my Indianapolis just sits in port.   

• Cool 1

Members
1,072 posts
6 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

A majority of TT ships are in need of love, especially any that have been out for 18mo.  The current push of releasing broken ships in comparison to the measly TT offerings is out of hand. 

Granted they did want to offer up some buffs to TT ships but,  the outrage over the training center doesn't need repeated.

Just the usual lies from many players.  They say one thing and do quite another.  (Not aimed at you, @NoSoMo )

They decry OP premiums, but they won't buy a more balanced or mediocre premium, and, many times if it's not OP out of the box, they call it 'trash', and if WG says they're going to 'adjust' (nerf) known OP premiums, people have complete hissy fits.  

Edited by agm114r
  • Cool 3

[NUWES]
Members
2,618 posts
8,437 battles
5 minutes ago, agm114r said:

If someone wants to drive a US T7 cruiser, Helena is, imo, the best of them, and her sister, Boise, is pretty damned nice, too.  NO and Indy just get forgotten.  Also, Atlanta.

^This. Indy at least has some value for the powerful radar. Note I say "some." New Orleans really doesn't offer anything over Helena than better penetration and autobounce. It isn't a bad ship. None of the T7s CAs are, but they are all completely unremarkable. I just finished regrinding the USN CAs which I generally love and I forgot how utterly uninteresting New Orleans in particular is. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
35 minutes ago, VVoony said:

What good is Indianapolis right now?

I guess her role is a glass canon, but if you think about it, York is better canon after the buff to her AP now.

York has better AP shell, better HE shell, and she is one of the tankier cruisers at her tier. 

So what strength does Indianapolis has? not a lot..

Her radar is unique trait at her tier for cruisers but.. it doesn't really help her at combat.

You could say she is a utility ship , a support ship.. but who would want to play a heavy cruiser for that role?

Her concealment is mediocre, her citadel is huge... her reload is slow.. in my opinion, she really needs something.

I think if we give Indianapolis a heal and New Orleans better ROF(just like Hipper and Prinz Eugen variant), it would make them better balanced and unique at her tier.

only the best prayers in the world would be playing them right now because you need the best pray to avoid getting blobbed from the first salvo that hits you..

and for all of the effort you put to avoid shells, there is very minimum rewards for playing them..

It's really rare to see Indianapolis or New Orleans on the sea..they could really use some attention. 

Who is this "we" to which you refer?  

There is no "we" in this context.  There's only them (WG, the devs) and us (the players).  There is no we.

I do sort of agree with you on the Indy's radar.  In my experience, the Indy is more of a kiter than a close in support CA.  That said, I can see later game situations where things have thinned out and an Indy could move in closer to hunt an enemy DD.

Edited by Crucis
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
24 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Really?  You know for a fact that a "majority", i.e. greater than 50%, of tech tree ships need buffs.  Sounds like unsupported hyperbole to me.  I think that it would have been safer to say "a considerable number" (of tech tree ships) need buffs, since "a considerable number" is a far more amorphous term.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,105 posts

While I like the OP idea about Indy heal and NO rof, the real answer is dont buy Indy and grind NO in operations.  I reset the US CA line, this is what I am doing.

Same could be said about Pensa and operations.

Problem solved.

[CAPGO]
Members
732 posts
6,083 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Who is this "we" to which you refer?  

There is no "we" in this context.  There's only them (WG, the devs) and us (the players).  There is no we.

I do sort of agree with you on the Indy's radar.  In my experience, the Indy is more of a kiter than a close in support CA.  That said, I can see later game situations where things have thinned out and an Indy could move in closer to hunt an enemy DD.

I guess I stand corrected then.. May be THEY can give her buffs.

I tried kiting with her but.. it's just that other cruisers at same tier are simply better and they even do better when kiting..

Edited by VVoony

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles

I don't believe any single premium has been buffed as much as Indianapolis has. 

It's gotten a lot over the years. 

[SALVO]
Members
22,944 posts
23,545 battles
2 minutes ago, VVoony said:

I guess I stand corrected then.. May be THEY can give her buffs.

I tried kiting with her but.. it's just other cruisers at the same tier are simply better and they even do better when kiting..

I wouldn't mind some buffs for the Indy.  I will say that on those rare occasions when I do play her, I seem to do pretty well with her.  But her long reload time is definitely painful.

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles

Oh the joys of power creep of premium ships VS tech ships...

Enough buffing ships you have or love to play and nerfing ship you dont have or dont like...

We all know, WOWS balance formula is centered on public relations rather then stats... So I guess if enough complain, the OP's bad idea still will get consideration.

Or get Ichase to make a complain video about it... So far I chase is batting 2 for 2 in getting the changes he wants...

[CAPGO]
Members
732 posts
6,083 battles
23 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I don't believe any single premium has been buffed as much as Indianapolis has. 

It's gotten a lot over the years. 

Not really, Indianapolis received some buffs(and weirdly, most of the buffs came with compensating nerfs on other area) and some unexpected nerfs(believe it or not)

(I am wrong on this one)

After the line split for USN cruisers, Indianapolis(including New Orleans) became forgotten.

Edited by VVoony

[CAPGO]
Members
732 posts
6,083 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Oh the joys of power creep of premium ships VS tech ships...

Enough buffing ships you have or love to play and nerfing ship you dont have or dont like...

We all know, WOWS balance formula is centered on public relations rather then stats... So I guess if enough complain, the OP's bad idea still will get consideration.

Or get Ichase to make a complain video about it... So far I chase is batting 2 for 2 in getting the changes he wants...

I have all Premium AND Tech-tree cruisers for tier 7 and I sail all of them all the time

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles
5 minutes ago, VVoony said:

Not really, Indianapolis received some buffs(and weirdly, most of the buffs came with compensating nerfs on other area) and some unexpected nerfs(believe it or not) and after the line split for USN cruisers, Indianapolis(including New Orleans) became forgotten.

Indianapolis rudder shift improved from 9.1 to 8.4 secs and turret traverse from 6 to 7 deg/s.

Indianapolis smoke detection range decreased from 8.18 to 7.26km

Indianapolis radar range increased from 8.5 to 9.9km. Detectablitiy range by ships was reduced from 13.9 to 12.7km

Indian reload time increased from 15 to 14.3 secs. Increased side plating from 16 to 22mm.

I await your citations.

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
6,510 posts
16,196 battles
9 minutes ago, VVoony said:

I have all Premium AND Tech-tree cruisers for tier 7 and I sail all of them all the time

OR is a good word.... It means either one argument OR the other... If one dont fit the other one will...

Back to your OP... What you're asking is basicly a power creep... The role of one class should not mix or interfere with the role of  a different ship class.

I disagree in buffing cruisers more then where they're now... Unbalance in the game is a HUGE problem, lets not add more to the list...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Members
3,937 posts
4,211 battles

I'd just ask for a heal you could swap out with DFAA, but that doesn't help NO. Maybe boost the health or drop the concealment but that doesn't change anything really. They can't buff the AA because the guns don't support it. Can't make NO more powerful than Balti either, and the two are close to each other in stats already. Maybe a retweeking of the CA line is needed? 

[CAPGO]
Members
732 posts
6,083 battles
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Indianapolis rudder shift improved from 9.1 to 8.4 secs and turret traverse from 6 to 7 deg/s.

Indianapolis radar range increased from 8.5 to 9.9km. Detectablitiy range by ships was reduced from 13.9 to 12.7km

Indian reload time increased from 15 to 14.3 secs. Increased side plating from 16 to 22mm.

I await your citations.

Thanks for detailed data I don't really remember all the previous patch and may be I am confused with Pensacola changes... 

But I still think Indianapolis is weaker than counterparts.

7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

OR is a good word.... It means either one argument OR the other... If one dont fix the other one will...

Back to your OP... What you're asking is basicly a power creep... The role of one class should not mix or interfere with the role of  a different ship class.

I disagree in buffing cruisers more then where they're now... Unbalance in the game is a HUGE problem, lets not add more to the list...

If buffs are too much you can simply dial it back, I am not asking for a power creep.

This is not about balance between classes. 

[ES]
Members
431 posts
20,643 battles
19 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I await your citations.

Great it went from utterly useless to just very crappy, .7 sec buff wwhooaaah nelly

• Cool 2

[DOG]
Members
448 posts
9,384 battles
1 hour ago, agm114r said:

Helena is probably my favorite ship (I have 122 ships in port).  Here's what she can do - 

WoWS.BestGame.Helena-win.jpg

• Boring 1

[O-PN]
Members
2,108 posts
4,424 battles
48 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Really?  You know for a fact that a "majority", i.e. greater than 50%, of tech tree ships need buffs.  Sounds like unsupported hyperbole to me.  I think that it would have been safer to say "a considerable number" (of tech tree ships) need buffs, since "a considerable number" is a far more amorphous term.

You're right, EVERY SHIP needs buffed to manual AA with participation mechanics kicked to the curb.

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles
28 minutes ago, VVoony said:

If buffs are too much you can simply dial it back, I am not asking for a power creep.

This is not about balance between classes. 

That's fine on a tech tree ship, but they can't do that with a premium.