You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Punishment

49 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
727 posts
12,772 battles

Carrier-Based Aviation Training Exercise

Start: Fri. Sep. 20 4:20 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Sep. 20 6:20 AM
End: Fri. Oct. 18 4:20 AM PT / your local time: Fri. Oct. 18 6:20 AM
Who over at WG thought "what the player base needs right now in the lead up to (SUBS) being released is, 28 days of cv missions." 
After 28 days they will be so mad at cvs and having one crappy cv player after another we will have broken their soul. The sub train wrekk will seem like a picnic. Almost like when I was a kid and your brother hurt your arm and he says " i can make it better, you are like really....so he kicks you in the shin" 
WG what did we do? Not enough money? Can you start a buy 30 days without cv match making for $50? Like you want to print money.....I would 100% buy a year of no cv. Can we pay you to not make us suffer? 
Sadist a person who derives pleasure,  from inflicting pain on others.  

image.png

Edited by MEANN
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 8
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
3 minutes ago, MEANN said:

Who over at WG thought "what the player base needs right now in the lead up to (SUBS) being released is, 28 days of cv missions." 
After 28 days they will be so mad at cvs and having one crappy cv player after another we will have broken their soul. The sub train wrekk will seem like a picnic. Almost like when I was a kid and your brother hurt your arm and he says " i can make it better, you are like really....so he kicks you in the shin" 
WG what did we do? Not enough money? Can you start a buy 30 days without cv match making for $50? Like you want to print money.....I would 100% buy a year of no cv. Can we pay you to not make us suffer? 

image.png

The missions are not that hard.

15k damage with rockets

30k damage with torps

15k damage with bombs

40k spotting damage

You can do the missions in co-op really easily. It's no big deal.

[HATE]
Members
727 posts
12,772 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

15k damage with rockets

30k damage with torps

15k damage with bombs

40k spotting damage

except people are not that smart as to do it in co-op.....no they litter the randoms cue. 

[WOLFG]
Members
6,919 posts
4,963 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

15k damage with rockets

30k damage with torps

15k damage with bombs

40k spotting damage

He is not considering it punishment for the CV players.

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles

except people are not that smart as to do it in co-op.....no they litter the randoms cue. 

Is that any different that people playing CVs for any other reason? If you hate CVs, fine. This mission is just like all the other missions for people playing. No big deal.

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

He is not considering it punishment for the CV players.

Still doesn't take long to complete them, so it's not like it is some huge grind for the CVs meaning people will be playing them forever.

[O-PN]
Members
2,095 posts
4,401 battles

I knocked out the rocket mission in ~ 3 minutes in a co op --- If I'm going to have the game take out aircraft, at least in co op a human doesn't get credit for it.

Members
1,072 posts

Maybe you need to find another game that you're not so butthurt about. Carriers aren't going away any time soon. Good luck with that.

Oh, the first mission I did in one match with Enterprise.  Good rockets.

Edited by agm114r
  • Boring 2

[HATE]
Members
727 posts
12,772 battles
4 minutes ago, agm114r said:

Maybe you need to find another game that you're not so butthurt about. Carriers aren't going away any time soon. Good luck with that.

Oh, the first mission I did in one match with Enterprise.  Good rockets.

no but im on to something with being able to pay to not play with them......

Edited by MEANN
  • Angry 2

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

I highly doubt there will ever be a way to exclude ships from the MM. It would disrupt too much.

Members
1,072 posts

That choice isn't going to be offered.  If they do that, then the BBs will want no-DD games, and the cruisers will want no-BB games, and the DDs will want no-cruiser games, and the whole thing will fracture and fly away in the wind with not enough people to fill any queues.

You can adapt, or quit.  Or whine, of course, which you're already doing.    Realistically, those are your choices.  

You can play tier 2, no CVs there.  Have fun.  

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,414 posts
4,857 battles
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

15k damage with rockets

30k damage with torps

15k damage with bombs

40k spotting damage

Was this an opt in mission... I do not remember seeing it in my UI challenges or combat missions?    

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,601 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Is that any different that people playing CVs for any other reason? If you hate CVs, fine. This mission is just like all the other missions for people playing. No big deal.

I get OP's perspective.  Most people would prefer not to play against carriers in randoms.  Anything that encourages more people to take carriers into randoms is therefore undesirable news.  You are correct in that these missions can be done quickly and easily in coop.  That's how I'd do it.  But then I'll take my Somers (practically zero AA) into a random battle, and get some tater on my team that averages 15k damage per match in his Midway matched up against a unicum CV on the other team.  It's not going to be fun .

1 minute ago, RA6E_ said:

Was this an opt in mission... I do not remember seeing it in my UI challenges or combat missions?    

Was wondering that myself.  Started a week ago according to the dates but I haven't seen anything.

• Boring 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,788 posts
13,811 battles

"oh no they want make people play with this over-nerfed-class, please take my money to remove this"

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,788 posts
13,811 battles
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

15k damage with rockets

30k damage with torps

15k damage with bombs

40k spotting damage

The point is not do the missions, is people how dont wanna see cvs on random :fish_aqua:

[POP]
Members
546 posts
6,347 battles
35 minutes ago, MEANN said:

image.png

Keep crying, your tears fuel my planes.

• Funny 2

Members
2,944 posts
11,383 battles
35 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

15k damage with rockets

30k damage with torps

15k damage with bombs

40k spotting damage

This is too weird.  I don't even play CVs with any degree of frequency, I took out Midway literally a couple of times, and I don't see any of these missions in my logs.  I must have completed them all purely by accident.

[VETSN]
Members
944 posts
6,818 battles
Just now, HallaSnackbar said:

Keep crying, your tears fuel my planes.

My wallet used to fuel this game, but no more.  I suspect many have already made that choice as well.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
Members
3,296 posts
5 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"oh no they want make people play with this OP-class, please take my money to remove this"

:Smile_great: Fixed that for you  :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[TDR]
Members
369 posts
6,220 battles
17 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

If you don’t see it currently in missions you probably finished it unbeknownst to you. The rocket mission started last Friday and was only 15k rocket damage for a resource container. The second mission starts tomorrow so it won’t show until then

[PVE]
Members
18,318 posts
11,324 battles
15 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Yes, they work in OPs, Random, Co-op and Ranked.

14 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I get OP's perspective.  Most people would prefer not to play against carriers in randoms.  Anything that encourages more people to take carriers into randoms is therefore undesirable news.  You are correct in that these missions can be done quickly and easily in coop.  That's how I'd do it.  But then I'll take my Somers (practically zero AA) into a random battle, and get some tater on my team that averages 15k damage per match in his Midway matched up against a unicum CV on the other team.  It's not going to be fun .

Was wondering that myself.  Started a week ago according to the dates but I haven't seen anything.

CVs are here to stay whether you like them or not. (I think they could have been done a little better, but I roll with what we got). The 4 missions are staggered in start by a week each.

9 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

The point is not do the missions, is people how dont wanna see cvs on random :fish_aqua:

Play T1 and T2, otherwise you can see a CV in T3+. Or play co-op as no unicum CV bots... yet.

2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

This is too weird.  I don't even play CVs with any degree of frequency, I took out Midway literally a couple of times, and I don't see any of these missions in my logs.  I must have completed them all purely by accident.

Only one has been released so far. The 2nd one starts tomorrow.

GaZPx8T.jpg

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,414 posts
4,857 battles
Just now, ditka_Fatdog said:

If you don’t see it currently in missions you probably finished it unbeknownst to you. The rocket mission started last Friday and was only 15k rocket damage for a resource container. The second mission starts tomorrow so it won’t show until then

Loos like its possible.... one match and you could be done for any of them.. so this is likely  

[BBMOD]
Members
219 posts
4,436 battles
18 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

While its not clear from the post, each mission runs for a week separately. The second mission starts tomorrow. Third mission starts next Friday.