You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

New nerfs to low tiers

51 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
4,069 posts
12,865 battles

WG just nerfed the T2-4 French DDs pretty hard. Nerfed both the guns and torps to keep the balance between the weapon systems. All of these boats were bottom dwellers already but WG felt the need to nerf them anyway. With 4 tiers of (now even worse) crap just to get to a mediocre ship, why would anyone choose this line to grind?

Glad I got to start at T5.

[SOCOM]
Members
425 posts
16,783 battles
34 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

WG just nerfed the T2-4 French DDs pretty hard. Nerfed both the guns and torps to keep the balance between the weapon systems. All of these boats were bottom dwellers already but WG felt the need to nerf them anyway. With 4 tiers of (now even worse) crap just to get to a mediocre ship, why would anyone choose this line to grind?

You can do what I do once they nerf a ship I scrap it. I bought premium ships that got nerfed its like they sell you a car but then they take away horsepower and handling after you buy it. They just are two faced and cannot be trusted with anything they say.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2

[WORX]
Members
6,505 posts
16,196 battles

Its either nerf the ships or buff the other ships it faces in the tier...

Guns of the new French DDs are on the cruiser lvl of powerful... Power creep is real, to bad WG insist to fix power creep problem for DDs but not the other ship classes.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
4,069 posts
12,865 battles
4 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You can do what I do once they nerf a ship I scrap it.

Fortunately, I didn't have to grind these since the French event started at T5. My question was why would anyone suffer thru the T2-4 grind in the first place fpr a line that really doesn't even start to mature until T6. Keeping the ships was never even a consideration. I'm not even keeping the T5.

[CVA16]
Members
4,069 posts
12,865 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Guns of the new French DDs are on the cruiser lvl of powerful...

That may be so, but it does not seem to be helping them much in their WR and their damage output is about average.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
6,505 posts
16,196 battles
Just now, Sabot_100 said:

That may be so, but it does not seem to be helping them much in their WR and their damage output is about average.

Well because IMO, players use that power to stomp out DDs and well, if WG give you that capability... I guess target priority is the problem there then the ordnance itself... 

WR is more how you're able to win as a team rather then what the guns can do...

The avg dmg output can be higher if people stop attacking weaker gun ships like IJN DDs..

I totally hate this era of ship classes not having any regulation in DMG dealt VS DMG recived in a given tier...

ARg, the frustration... 

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,000 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

@Bualar @Umbaretz No ship or feature once added to the game should be nerfed, buffed nor removed from the game for any reason. The only exception being the Kitikama.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,756 posts
12,383 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its either nerf the ships or buff the other ships it faces in the tier...

Guns of the new French DDs are on the cruiser lvl of powerful... Power creep is real, to bad WG insist to fix power creep problem for DDs but not the other ship classes.

Yeah I am fully expecting nerfs to French DDs all the way up the tech tree line including tier X. Which is making me wary about investing too much into French DDs until after the expected nerfs happen. In mean when a tier 6 French DD can halt and sink a a group tier 8 BBs traveling together  there is a problem. And actually the DDs are stronger than CAs since once the DD bow and stern reach certain damage level in a a bow or stern section, they stop receiving damage unless you hit the mid section of the DD. And also no Citadels in French DDs, so you essentially get a compact sized, fast cruiser.

[RKLES]
Members
10,756 posts
12,383 battles
8 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Bualar @Umbaretz No ship or feature once added to the game should be nerfed, buffed nor removed from the game for any reason. The only exception being the Kitikama.

Kitakami could actually return now thanks to stricter team kill penalties in place and reduced damage taken to allied ships before all further damage is redirected on Team Killer. Plus intentional attempts at team killing are more severely punished as well.

And the trouble in not buffing or not nerfing ships is once released WG does not always realize just how players will use certain things and how other players will react. So I am fine with buffing and nerfing tech tree ships. But against nerfing of premiums since those people usually paid cash for and are expected to get what they paid for.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
720 posts
1,224 battles

Which are the nerfs exactly?

In which update were they implemented? normally they are in the update summary, But I only find the Guepard speed boost changes in 0.8.8

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,000 battles
13 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

No ship or feature once added to the game should be nerfed, buffed nor removed from the game for any reason. The only exception being the Kitikama.

@Admiral_Thrawn_1 I am against any of it. If something is too strong or too weak it must be found and adjusted in testing not after it is added to the game. WG's propensity to cave to a few whiners about balance is the one example of what has gone wrong with the game.

• Boring 3

[RKLES]
Members
10,756 posts
12,383 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Admiral_Thrawn_1 I am against any of it. If something is too strong or too weak it must be found and adjusted in testing not after it is added to the game. WG's propensity to cave to a few whiners about balance is the one example of what has gone wrong with the game.

Trouble is how do you get thousands of testers to work continuously on particular ships for a month or more? What happens with tech tree ships is you get major crowd sourced live battle testing that can reveal things the more limited number of testers could not. Now a compromise could be to live release the tech tree line like French DDs and have them clearly marked as being under testing for couple months and that their stats may be changed until after the testing. Is that a more fair idea for you?

• Cool 2

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,000 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

clearly marked as being under testing for couple months and that their stats may be changed until after the testing. Is that a more fair idea for you?

Perhaps that would be a reasonable disclaimer.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,828 posts
9,686 battles

My friend, I wouldn't call 1-6 matches a grind. 1-6 matches is all it should take to get from any T2 to any T5. Heck, it took me a grand total of 5 matches to get from the PA DD T2 to the T5 in my RB re-grind. Flags and camo, baby, they are the answer to your grinding blues.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,105 posts
21 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

My friend, I wouldn't call 1-6 matches a grind. 1-6 matches is all it should take to get from any T2 to any T5. Heck, it took me a grand total of 5 matches to get from the PA DD T2 to the T5 in my RB re-grind. Flags and camo, baby, they are the answer to your grinding blues.

The trouble being new players do not have these advantages, and cannot readily get them, since tiers I-IV don't count for daily missions, events, or seemingly much of anything anymore.

• Cool 3

[CVA16]
Members
4,069 posts
12,865 battles

I am personally not against ships being nerfed (or buffed) when NEEDED. Many times it won't be apparent that a ship is OP until somebody finds the best way to use it and that becomes universally known (flying Shimakaze being but one example). That may not show up during testing. Just can't see how these ships needed it based on their performance. No doubt some are doing quite well but the majority of players are not. I have no skin in the game as I don't have any of them.

• Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
720 posts
1,224 battles

In NA server Enseigne Gaboulde has a total of 1700battles, and only 4players with more than 20of them... It is the third from ther rear in all Tier II statistics.

So NO OP at all.

I found them easier to play and much more effective than RU counterparts, but that can be personal.

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts
19 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Nope. That was said only about Premium ships.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[TARK]
Members
4,213 posts
1,630 battles
19 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

WG doesnt invest heavily enough into ship development for your proposed policy to make sense.

The ships are adjusted based on live server performance, not internal testing.

18 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

New players (and players who free2play) dont have access to the camos and flags you have.

In addition, they need time to learn how to play the class and the ship type...and time to properly build captains for the higher tiers.

Your ability to effectively ignore half the game is interesting, and really sad from my perspective...especially since the lower tiers can be a more fun experience than the highest tiers.

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
2,959 posts
46 minutes ago, Bualar said:

You nerfed the Prem CV every month. So by yiur awnser I can get real life money back????? 

Anwser me now that you have steped in it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[O_O]
Members
3,964 posts
17,930 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

You nerfed the Prem CV every month. So by yiur awnser I can get real life money back????? 

Anwser me now that you have steped in it.

C'mon Jags, you know the carrier rework was in progress and that WG declared those changes to make CV play better. Don't be that way...

• Cool 1

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,000 battles
1 hour ago, Bualar said:

21 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

No ship or feature once added to the game should be nerfed, buffed nor removed from the game for any reason. The only exception being the Kitikama.

This is my statement concerning how WG should handle this. It applies to everything. I am well aware of the stated WG policy concerning Premium ships. You don't alter them. But what you do is remove them or restrict their availability so only those who have them get to use them. That is even worse than altering them.

You put items/features into the game only after so called extensive testing. When those items/features are determined to be acceptable to be put into the game then do so. Once added to the game LEAVE THEM ALONE and do not cave to whiners and change things. If you made an error just own up to it, do better in the future but DO NOT DHANDE THE ITEM/FEATURE. If the problem is a bug then by all means fix it. If the change is for so called balance DO NOT MAKE IT! Let balance be left in the hands of the players. There is not a single ship that has been nerfed nor buffed since it was added that is 100% undefeatable nor 100% destructible regardless of who is using it. Making any ship work or fail is in the hands of the players. Good players will do well in any ship and poor players will likewise fail in any ship. WG should allow balance to be achieved by poor players learning to play better, not caving to their whining. If they aren't willing to learn to better use what is provided they don't need to be playing this game.  

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

[CVA16]
Members
4,069 posts
12,865 battles
3 hours ago, Bualar said:

Nope. That was said only about Premium ships

I think CaptMudds comment was dripping with sarcasm. Could be wrong.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
672 posts
11,935 battles

I think everyone forgets that the WoWs dev's have the ability to pull up any statistic in far more depth than the typical player will.  So if a ship is balanced then it is because it is overall over performing.