You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MR_MASTER_ONE

Rogue Wave captains and camo

24 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
4,945 battles

During the Rogue Wave event I purchased 3 captains. I put 2 in reserve and immediately used one on my Benson. He came with special camo that reduced service costs and increased xp.

They all came with special camo when I bought them.

Yesterday I purchased a new DD and put Ivan the Terrible on as captain. However, there is no special camo. That was part of the deal when I purchased the captain.

What gives?

[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
15,225 battles

I didn't think any of those captains came with a perma-camo, though perma-camo could be won some other way during the course of the event, or purchased separately. (I won the perma-camo for North Carolina, myself.) So I guess I am no help at all.

Respects,

Am

Members
5 posts
4,945 battles
2 minutes ago, Amracil said:

I didn't think any of those captains came with a perma-camo, though perma-camo could be won some other way during the course of the event, or purchased separately. (I won the perma-camo for North Carolina, myself.) So I guess I am no help at all.

Respects,

Am

Yes they came with perma-camo my Benson captain has it. Don't understand why my other captains don't have it. I bought it, they should still have it.

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
745 posts
10,606 battles

I probably bought at least 20 or more of those captains, none of which came with any camo.  Guess you got a really good deal...

[PVE]
Members
18,320 posts
11,347 battles
6 minutes ago, MR_MASTER_ONE said:

Yes they came with perma-camo my Benson captain has it. Don't understand why my other captains don't have it. I bought it, they should still have it.

The perma-camo's were earned separately. You didn't buy them with the captains.

[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
15,225 battles
Just now, MR_MASTER_ONE said:

As I recall, that perma-camo was only available for certain ships. And like I said, I don't remember it coming with the captains. I remember it could be won for free or purchased separately. And thinking about it a bit more, I did not win a Rogue Wave camo for North Carolina. That was a different event.

Respects,

Am

[-BRS-]
Members
1,263 posts
6,190 battles

There has never been a permanent camo that came with a captain unfortunately.  You must have acquired that camo another way.

[PVE]
Members
18,320 posts
11,347 battles
10 minutes ago, MR_MASTER_ONE said:

I didnt realize the camo was separate I thought it came with the captain.

5 minutes ago, D3MoNiC317 said:

i thought the rouge wave camos were for tier X ships like gearing?

Does your Benson perma-camo look like this?

DNSjznO.jpg

If so, it is Halloween perm-camo, not Rogue Wave. @D3MoNiC317 has a point that the Water World (Rogue Wave) perma-camos were for T10 tech tree ships.

uuHKWUW.jpg

[RKLES]
Members
10,734 posts
12,365 battles
1 hour ago, MR_MASTER_ONE said:

It may have been like at Halloween rewards including captains could also contain special Camo along with the other awards.

Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
1 hour ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

There has never been a permanent camo that came with a captain unfortunately.  You must have acquired that camo another way.

There was.  I got this Halloween gift container from a friend that dropped this camo with this captain in the same package:

XPbmIu7.jpg

[PVE]
Members
18,320 posts
11,347 battles
8 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

There was.  I got this Halloween gift container from a friend that dropped this camo with this captain in the same package:

XPbmIu7.jpg

They were two separate items in one container. These were all chances, not guarantees. Otherwise, you got one-use camos or FXP.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/halloween-scary-battles/

Halloween Containers
Pumpkin-like containers are traditional elements of celebrating Halloween. From these containers you will be able to get the Halloween camouflages from Operations "Saving Transylvania" and "Sunray in the Darkness":

Special camouflage for destroyer Wakatake—Blade
Special camouflage for battleships Nassau—Jackal
Special camouflage for cruiser St. Louis (U.S.A.)—Igor
Special camouflage for destroyer Kagero—Urashima
Special camouflage for cruiser Chapayev—Svyatozar
Special camouflage for battleship Tirpitz: Magnu-S
Special camouflage for aircraft carrier Lexington—Nobilium
Special camouflage for destroyer Benson—Ghoul
Special camouflage for cruiser Charles Martel—Scarab
Special camouflage for battleship Bismarck—Varg
Special camouflage for aircraft carrier Shokaku—The Great Gorgon

In addition, four new camouflages from Operation "Terror of the Deep":

Special camouflage for battleship North Carolina (Leviathan) and a Combat Mission. For completing the mission you will get Commander Max Strauss with 10 skill points.
Special camouflage for destroyer Kiev (Razorworm) and a Combat Mission. For completing the mission you will get Commander Boris Veber with 10 skill points.
Special camouflage for destroyer Z-23 (Steel Rat) and a Combat Mission. For completing the mission you will get Commander James D. Breese with 10 skill points.
The first animated special camouflage for cruiser Mogami (Octopus) and a combat mission. For completing the Combat Mission you will get Commander David Jones with 10 skill points.

Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They were two separate items in one container

Special camouflage for battleship North Carolina (Leviathan) and a Combat Mission. For completing the mission you will get Commander Max Strauss with 10 skill points.

Exactly this.  At least once WG had special camo and commander bundled together, one event, four different ships, and a dice roll.

[PVE]
Members
18,320 posts
11,347 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Exactly this.  At least once WG had special camo and commander bundled together, one event, four different ships, and a dice roll.

Not exactly. You rolled for a perma-camo and you rolled for a Cmdr. Getting both at once was just being really lucky. They were separate items tho.

Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Not exactly. You rolled for a perma-camo and you rolled for a Cmdr. Getting both at once was just being really lucky. They were separate items tho.

No.  You are wrong about that.  You could not get that camo without that commander, and you could not get that commander without that camo.  It was bundled together.  You could either get one of those bundles, or not.  But if you did get it, you got both, 100% of the time.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,838 posts
22,021 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Technically they did/did not come together as it was the camo & a mission to get the commander so you got the camo but didn't get the commander until after you did the mission but the missions did come w/the camo but only for the 4 new Terror of the Deep ships.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,835 battles
2 hours ago, MR_MASTER_ONE said:

During the Rogue Wave event I purchased 3 captains. I put 2 in reserve and immediately used one on my Benson. He came with special camo that reduced service costs and increased xp.

They all came with special camo when I bought them.

Yesterday I purchased a new DD and put Ivan the Terrible on as captain. However, there is no special camo. That was part of the deal when I purchased the captain.

What gives?

1: The Commanders themselves do not come with Perma-Camo.

2: The Perma-Camo is tied to specific ships, not to commanders.

[HINON]
Supertester
22,109 posts
15,955 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The perma-camo's were earned separately. You didn't buy them with the captains.

^

There was never a camo bundled with those captains.

[PVE]
Members
18,320 posts
11,347 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

No.  You are wrong about that.  You could not get that camo without that commander, and you could not get that commander without that camo.  It was bundled together.  You could either get one of those bundles, or not.  But if you did get it, you got both, 100% of the time.

You are right that only for 4 of the perma-camos came with Cmdrs, NC, Mogami, Kiev, and Z-23. None of which was the Benson and the Halloween Cmdrs sold in the Armory didn't come with perma-camo. I'm fairly certain that the 4 new Cmdrs could only come from missions as I was looking for the Mogami perma-camo. See my post above for that patch link.

[PVE]
Members
18,320 posts
11,347 battles
26 minutes ago, MR_MASTER_ONE said:

LOL I guess I have no idea how I got that camo but it has benefits. -10% post service cost and +50% xp

Thanks for all the answers

That is the standard perma-camo bonus. T9+ ships have higher bonuses. The best part of perma-camo is that it's always permanent.