You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Abramkilla924

Destroyer Smoke Screen

17 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
223 battles

Smoke Screen is to opp. Lower the timer for it and make it only available like 3 total times. not 10+ times. 

Was in a match and this destroyer kept spamming the hell out of it. 

• Funny 4

[PVE]
Members
18,452 posts
11,392 battles
2 minutes ago, Abramkilla924 said:

Smoke Screen is to opp. Lower the timer for it and make it only available like 3 total times. not 10+ times. 

Was in a match and this destroyer kept spamming the hell out of it. 

You can shoot at his gunfire to hit him. It does take some practice, so will take a little bit to learn. You are still in the early days. There is quite a lot to learn.

Members
7 posts
223 battles

@Capn_Nugget If there's a replay available? I'll show you. He used smoke screen more than 4 times. Not sure how many times a destroyer can use it. never played as a destroyer yet, but it seemed like it over used for a consumable. 
@Kizarvexis yeah it's just annoying. 

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles

No destroyer can activate smoke screen "10+" times.  The maximum would be british destroyers with premium consumables and the captain skill who could get 7 charges, but with less than half the duration of other nation's smoke.

Smoke isn't overpowered, you just have to learn how to deal with it.  That will come with time and experience.  If, instead of making a complaint thread, you make a thread describing how you've approached it so far and asking for advice, you'll probably get some good suggestions.  Mostly it just takes experience though.

Edited by Brhinosaurus
  • Cool 1

Members
2,476 posts
86 battles

Considering you are a new player, do familiarize with DDs and try playing them. 
You will realize that they cannot smoke 10+ times.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

The other  thing that could have been happening is another unspotted DD with him, and they were swapping smokes back and forth. I had a Shinano smoke up for my Vauquilin a while ago and one of the reds even commented in chat "When the HELL did the frenchies get smoke???" That was about the time the double torpedo wave hit them, and he had other problems to worry about...

Matt

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
1 minute ago, mobryan said:

The other  thing that could have been happening is another unspotted DD with him, and they were swapping smokes back and forth. I had a Shinano smoke up for my Vauquilin a while ago and one of the reds even commented in chat "When the HELL did the frenchies get smoke???" That was about the time the double torpedo wave hit them, and he had other problems to worry about...

If a team can't figure out the concept that one ship can smoke another, that team probably is not earning the win.  Just a guess.

Just now, Kebobstuzov said:

Either new and doesn't understand, or REALLY weak bait... hmmm

67 battles, all in BBs and CAs, so I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt.  

[WOLFG]
Members
7,006 posts
5,021 battles
19 minutes ago, mobryan said:

Matt

Two smoke DDs could confound newer players with that kind of witchcraft.

[HELLS]
Members
2,354 posts
22,939 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Two smoke DDs could confound newer players with that kind of witchcraft.

Two smoke DDs are normally playing in a division.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,803 posts
4,866 battles
26 minutes ago, Davy Jones' Locker said:

Well I am a noob. So I don't know. Thanks for the feed back everyone! 

Since you're somewhat a new player. I would recommend watching these videos. Increase your knowledge, make yourself more dangerous to the enemy

[MINVY]
Members
563 posts
5,177 battles

Good tips all. Sitting in smoke gets destroyers killed so often you use it to break contact and bug out. Radar at higher tiers also counters nicely. I'm trying to get gud in dd but do play cruiser and Bb as well. 

Enjoy the game and learning techniques to deal with all of the above. Oh and shooting down planes is nice xp so there is that too! 

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,542 battles
39 minutes ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Good tips all. Sitting in smoke gets destroyers killed so often you use it to break contact and bug out. Radar at higher tiers also counters nicely. I'm trying to get gud in dd but do play cruiser and Bb as well. 

Enjoy the game and learning techniques to deal with all of the above. Oh and shooting down planes is nice xp so there is that too! 

Sitting in smoke also reduces vision for the team. Often times I find myself smoking up to farm damage only to see all the enemies disappear "magically" before my eyes. Being that I was the only person close enough to see the enemy.