Bualar

ST, Balance changes

72 comments in this topic

Developers, WG Staff
273 posts

European destroyer Błyskawica, tier VII:

• Main battery reload time was reduced from 6.5 to 6 seconds.

Błyskawica — one of the first premium ships in our game. Since her release, many game tactics have changed and there are new ships played in a similar style. The new reload time will increase damage and strengthen the role of the destroyer in the current meta.

Japanese aircraft carrier Hosho, tier IV:

• New torpedoes Type 91 mod. 0 have been installed instead of the old Type 91 mod. 1. The new torpedoes speed will be 40 knots instead of 50.

• Reduced the returning speed of torpedo bombers to the aircraft carrier by 40%.

Due to a high cruising and returning speed for Torpedo Bombers, experienced players that avoided aircraft losses could solely use Torpedo Bombers. Both changes listed above will increase the amount of damage taken by Torpedo Bombers (the climb after the attack will be slower, and to effectively attack Torpedo Bombers will have to fly closer to their target). The new speed will also reduce the effectiveness of Torpedo Bombers against destroyers as it gives them the opportunity to maneuver and evade.

Strong Torpedo Bombers is one of the main features of the Japanese aircraft carriers, which we would like to preserve. With these changes, we plan to balance the performance of tier IV carriers, but will also continue to monitor the situation and, if necessary, make further changes.

French destroyer Enseigne Gabolde, tier II:

• Torpedo speed was reduced from 57 to 52 knots;

• Main battery reload time was increased from 4.8 to 5.2 seconds.

French destroyer Fusilier, tier III:

• Torpedo speed was reduced from 57 to 52 knots;

• Main battery reload time was increased from 6 to 6.6 seconds.

French destroyer Bourrasque, tier IV:

• Main battery reload time was increased from 6 to 6.6 seconds.

Unlike their higher tier counterparts, these lower-tier French destroyers do not yet have the explicit gameplay of gunboats and therefore their damage output is roughly divided equally between torpedoes and main battery.

The proposed changes are designed to reduce the total damage and do not change the ratio of damage dealt by torpedoes and the main battery. The torpedoes were also too fast for these tiers when taking into account their range.

Soviet battleship Vladivostok, tier VIII:

• Sigma parameter was changed from 1.7 to 1.6.

The battleship's main battery had excessive precision. The parameter change will reduce precision at all ranges of combat, without changing specific settings of the accuracy of Soviet battleships.

Soviet battleship Kremlin, tier X:

• Reduced max damage of AP shells from 15500 to 14500 and changed other related parameters (Krupp parameter and the mass of the projectile).

• To match AP shells, we also reduced the maximum damage of HE shells from 6600 to 6500, the chance of fire from 48% to 45% and other related parameters (weight of shells, splash damage).

The efficiency of Kremlin was higher than other battleships of tier X. To balance the ship and at the same time have a minimal impact on the defining features of the battleship, we have changed the characteristics of her shells. Along with the above changes, we slightly changed the armor penetration and ballistics.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 2

[HINON]
Supertester
22,124 posts
15,977 battles

Bwiskeywhiskey buff, Vladi and Kreml nerfs, it really is the end times ...

• Funny 3

[DENY]
Members
284 posts
4,660 battles

And a surprise patch tomorrow including the new super power Russian BB Pobeda/slava with laser like accuracy and so much krupp it will devstrike everything the first time. Form 25k to bat

• Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,682 posts
5,280 battles

The Blyska buff is very welcome for sure. If rudder shift gets a buff to 4.5s or something similar I think she will be fully competitive with the meta.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,360 posts
31,837 battles

Finally. After months of complaining, they nerfed the Krembroke. 

The buff to the Blys' guns is nice, but what she really needs is .5 kms shaved off her detect. With the Haida at 5.7 and everyone else at 6.1-6.6, there is no point in playing her right now. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,271 posts
17,719 battles
32 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Finally. After months of complaining, they nerfed the Krembroke. 

The buff to the Blys' guns is nice, but what she really needs is .5 kms shaved off her detect. With the Haida at 5.7 and everyone else at 6.1-6.6, there is no point in playing her right now. 

The Blyskawica has a minimum detection of 6.8 km itself. If it needs a buff of .5 km, so can a few others like Leningrad. 

• Boring 1

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

I'm just glad Hosho is getting nerfed. I dont even actually care as I dont play lame Tier 4. However, now we dont uave to hear how OP all Carriers are based on the performance of Hosho.

• Cool 2

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,412 battles

I think the krem nerf is a little too severe. I have it, i rarely play it though. Not my cup of tea. I think the penetration and krupp would be good enough, basically will tone down the crazy "massive full pen" salvos it gets on cruisers and BBs a little bit. 

They could nerf the side armor on it so you can citadel the damn thing, how about that? I swear it's one of the harder TX bb's to citadel from the side, even though it's supposedly vulnerable that way. Problem is, if you don't have high velocity guns, you gotta hit that broadside at a fricken 0 deg angle to get citadels it seems.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,412 battles

I bet 10$ they're not going to do both nerfs to kremlins guns... It'll be either the raw alpha or the penetration/krupp, not both.

[INTEL]
Members
11,360 posts
31,837 battles
13 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

They could nerf the side armor on it so you can citadel the damn thing, how about that? I swear it's one of the harder TX bb's to citadel from the side, even though it's supposedly vulnerable that way. Problem is, if you don't have high velocity guns, you gotta hit that broadside at a fricken 0 deg angle to get citadels it seems.

I've never managed to cit it from any distance. I have dev struck yammies and monties with big BB guns, but too many times I've fired at point blank range with T10 BB guns into its alleged citadel only to get overpens and shatters. I know others who complain of the Kremlin's phantom citadel.

Members
3,651 posts
18,031 battles
1 hour ago, Bualar said:

With these changes, we plan to balance the performance of tier IV carriers, but will also continue to monitor the situation and, if necessary, make further changes.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

That's probably a good choice to monitor the slaughter that's been going on down there

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips

[ARGSY]
Members
15,142 posts
9,895 battles
1 hour ago, Bualar said:

Japanese aircraft carrier Hosho, tier IV:

• New torpedoes Type 91 mod. 0 have been installed instead of the old Type 91 mod. 1. The new torpedoes speed will be 40 knots instead of 50.

• Reduced the returning speed of torpedo bombers to the aircraft carrier by 40%.

Due to a high cruising and returning speed for Torpedo Bombers, experienced players that avoided aircraft losses could solely use Torpedo Bombers. Both changes listed above will increase the amount of damage taken by Torpedo Bombers (the climb after the attack will be slower, and to effectively attack Torpedo Bombers will have to fly closer to their target). The new speed will also reduce the effectiveness of Torpedo Bombers against destroyers as it gives them the opportunity to maneuver and evade.

Strong Torpedo Bombers is one of the main features of the Japanese aircraft carriers, which we would like to preserve. With these changes, we plan to balance the performance of tier IV carriers, but will also continue to monitor the situation and, if necessary, make further changes.

Now let's see what iChase has to say about it. :Smile_trollface:

[CVA16]
Members
4,043 posts
12,848 battles

Sure glad I got to start the French DD line at T5. The T2-4 DDs were already bottom dwellers stat wise but apparently that wasn't bad enough. So many OP ships out there and WG thought these ships needed whacked hard.

[POP]
Members
2,140 posts
19,248 battles
1 hour ago, Bualar said:

Soviet battleship Vladivostok, tier VIII:

• Sigma parameter was changed from 1.7 to 1.6.

The battleship's main battery had excessive precision. The parameter change will reduce precision at all ranges of combat, without changing specific settings of the accuracy of Soviet battleships.

Soviet battleship Kremlin, tier X:

• Reduced max damage of AP shells from 15500 to 14500 and changed other related parameters (Krupp parameter and the mass of the projectile).

• To match AP shells, we also reduced the maximum damage of HE shells from 6600 to 6500, the chance of fire from 48% to 45% and other related parameters (weight of shells, splash damage).

The efficiency of Kremlin was higher than other battleships of tier X. To balance the ship and at the same time have a minimal impact on the defining features of the battleship, we have changed the characteristics of her shells. Along with the above changes, we slightly changed the armor penetration and ballistics. 

Please players remain CALM in a month or so time there will be announcement by WG saying that " Due to DATA received from the live server certain ADJUSTMENTS needed to made to INCREASE the Viability of both Vladivostok and Kremlin to perform to there fullest extent in the current META " etc etc etc yadda yadda yadda  Russian Bias Russian Bias, then all will be returned to the broken state there in. :Smile_teethhappy:

So this minor hick up will only be short term, thank you for patience and understanding and we return you to your normal viewing transmissions for your enjoyment.

Image result for U boat gifs

• Boring 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,803 posts
4,866 battles

are you ok Wargaming? you should be buffing Kremlin , not nerfing it. are you high?

Spoiler

sarcasm

• Cool 1

Members
536 posts
19,884 battles

I think the Blyska buff won't be enough.

Hosho getting slapped down a peg is good.

I fear the Russian BB nerfs don't address the main issues of the ships.

[-K-]
Members
4,957 posts
16,282 battles

That's only half the nerf Kremlin needs. Making it NOT INVULNERABLE TO CRUISER ALPHA is what's really needed. And you know, not stealthier than its own nation's cruisers? Keep going.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 4

[TARK]
Members
4,177 posts
1,622 battles

Interesting changes to Hosho.

Did WG consider that the TBs are her only effective weapon against DDs? Her DBs and rocket planes do nothing to a DD...

Nope. Only a public PR black eye, not actual data, it seems, is allowed to influence carrier balancing.

I had hoped tier 3 AA might have been made actually useful...but meh.

This wont solve the tier 4 CV apocalypse...just incentivize the seal clubbers to play the other two CVs...which might be the goal?

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,085 posts
2 hours ago, Bualar said:

Someone tell iChaseGaming he got another consecutive solo warrior on carriers. 

WG - you guys are loosing it. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,085 posts
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

I'm just glad Hosho is getting nerfed. I dont even actually care as I dont play lame Tier 4. However, now we dont uave to hear how OP all Carriers are based on the performance of Hosho.

Nope... just bring her down to their level.