You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

New Clan Position Recommendation

7 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
Members
536 posts
13,588 battles

Organization

Clans are structured in hierarchal order:

Position Permissions
Commander Can build structures on the clan Naval Base, see the amount of Oil (Icon_reward_clanResource.png) obtained by clan members who hid their statistics, edit the clan name, tag, and description, modify the positions of clan members, send invites and accept applications to the clan, remove players from the clan, disband the clan.
Deputy Commander Has the same permissions as the Commander, with the exception that they cannot remove the Commander or other Deputy Commanders from the clan.
Recruiter Can send invites and accept applications to the clan.
Line Officer No permissions.

Between Deputy Commander and Recruiter, I and others would like to see a position similar in name to Fleet Commander. This person's responsibility is more of a tactical battle commander. In the absence of a Deputy Commander he/she can launch a Clan Battle. In addition, Fleet Commanders can be assigned sectors on the map that are their responsiblity to direct the battle action. Anyone can be assigned that responsibility now, but a dedicated position for that purpose can be assigned to a player by the Commander/Deputy Commander to players showing prowess in battle and would be acknowledged by the rest of the clan members as defacto leaders who can issue commands/orders and expect them to be followed. It is more of a developmental step to Deputy Commander than Recruiter is.

Thoughts?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[5D]
Members
3,011 posts
19,115 battles

You can have multiple Deputy Commanders so I don't think you need a Fleet Commander position. I've seen some clans make 10 people Deputy Commanders.

[ONAVY]
Members
536 posts
13,588 battles
51 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

You can have multiple Deputy Commanders so I don't think you need a Fleet Commander position. I've seen some clans make 10 people Deputy Commanders.

We discussed that possibility, but felt it made the clan too 'commander' top heavy.

[ONAVY]
Members
536 posts
13,588 battles
7 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I see you have 4 already, that isn't enough plus the commander to drop a clan battle?

With members coast to coast plus Australia and Brazil we can usually get 1 group going the the second is a challenge due to work schedules and time zones.

[TF_34]
Members
33 posts
14,566 battles

I'd like to see custom permission settings. Give us a chart with checkboxes and the commander can decide who can do what. The new ranks seem a little weird to me. Two of the three ranks below deputy commander are the same other than name, and the other just has recruiting permission? :Smile_sceptic: