You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

KOS ranked random

32 comments in this topic

Members
618 posts

Not every potential king team can participate in KOS so I do not respect the winners

need make a version where any player can participate like in ranked.

Other wise its aurguably and highly situational King of seas if you can get in club.

At least give the rest of us kings some ranked randoms that give similar amounts steel and doubloons instead of just coal

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,568 posts
14,702 battles
1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Not every potential king team can participate in KOS so I do not respect the winners

Other wise its aurguably and highly situational King of seas if you can get in clu

KOTS is a community driven tourney designed to see which clans can put together the best competitive teams.  It's not a good idea to put little league players against World Series champions, and no one is interested in watching the slaughter.  You might want to make it into at least a Storm level clan before you think about putting a KOTS team together.

• Cool 5

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,568 posts
14,702 battles
13 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Not all of us kings get paid to sit around and jerk off at same time.

Quite right.

Maybe you should head to this discord listed in this post, that way you might find a spot in a sub-clan with the "Kings" of Clan Brawl - TNG.  I'm sure you will fit right in.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/201273-in-a-clan-i-invite-you-to-the-biggest-most-beautiful-clan-embassy-youve-ever-seen/

• Funny 1

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Wait is this an option?  Need to update my resume.

Apart from that though, this is an extremely salty post from a person whose stats are hidden but belongs to a clan that would get absolutely crushed in KOTS.  It's not "getting in the club" that's holding you back.  Any team that gets past the qualifying rounds would go through your clan like a knife through butter.  I know that's mean, but that's just the hard facts.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, your clan has ONE player who has tier ten ships (plus one more with a Midway).  You literally could not even field a team.  What's your deal?

Edited by Brhinosaurus
  • Funny 3

Members
618 posts

Giving away that much steel and doubloons too the clans that get paid to sit around and doing nothing at same time.

Isnt fair too the rest of us that just get coal competitions and coal ships.

Also that doesn't make your clan king Your just an older clan 

What about us young clans.

Edited by lochlan_
language

[-TKS-]
Members
1,018 posts
8,032 battles
15 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

WG gave you the exact same tools to develop a clan. Feel free to leverage them and bring a team to compete in KOS. GL. 

As a commander of a clan I can tell you that Building a competitive clan is not easy. There are a lot of obstacles in the way of getting competitive, one being, this is a game!

[HATE]
Members
748 posts
12,834 battles

[KW] Killer Whales Statistics

Members count 24
Active members count 19
Personal Rating (PR) 589
Average Win rate 46.18%
Average Damage 20 988
Clan strength - Total 9
Clan strength - Clan battles 2

it appears that you have 10 more people than necessary to compete in kots. 

Bring your clan's kings to this https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/kots-ix/ 

• Funny 2

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
11 minutes ago, MEANN said:

it appears that you have 10 more people than necessary to compete in kots. 

Yeah but only one of them has any eligible ships.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,011 battles
2 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

You've always wanted to work in a massage parlor?

[HATE]
Members
748 posts
12,834 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Yeah but only one of them has any eligible ships.

i didnt look that hard based on the clan battle strength of 2....lol 

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

You've always wanted to work in a massage parlor?

I had assumed OP referred to people engaging in self-entertainment.  If he's referring to people providing services to others, then yeah, I might be less interested.  On the other hand, how else am I going to meet a celebrity like Robert Kraft?

Keeping my language clean for when a mod comes by and drops the hammer on all this.

• Funny 1

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
43 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Giving away that much steel and doubloons too the clans that get paid to sit around and jerk off at same time.

Isnt fair too the rest of us that just get coal competitions and coal ships.

Also that doesn't make your clan king Your just an older clan 

Not everything has to be available to all people all the time.  The people who are eligible for KOTS are the people who have put in the work to get the ships, get good at the ships, and get good at the teamwork.  I dunno about the other clans but mine is running scrimmages and doing planning sessions already, doing everything we can to give ourselves a shot at getting some wins against the best clans in the game.  You hasn't done even the first part of that yet, so you're not qualified.  You demanding to be let into KOTS would be like me showing up at an NFL practice facility and demanding a spot on the roster.

[KSE]
Privateers
305 posts
11,099 battles

I'm only going to add one thing to this thread: we don't gatekeep what teams play in KotS.  You get 9-15 people (clan not required) with t10 ships and sign up.  Simple as that.  Now,  5 wins might be challenge in one event for a less skilled team (the day 2 cut last time was at 4-3), but you can get there if you work at it. 

That's all,  no other comments from me. 

• Cool 3

[HATE]
Members
748 posts
12,834 battles
6 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Other wise its aurguably and highly situational King of seas if you can get in club.

At least give the rest of us kings some ranked randoms that give similar amounts steel and doubloons instead of just coal

What i read is that KOTS is not inclusive, I have an idea for you. Self identify as a better team and join.  

• Funny 1

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
5 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Wait, you aren't jerking off right now?

Members
618 posts

It needs additional project / event coordinators that cater to players that are in my situation so I can bring my t10 solo and participate.

Not me have to find 8 other players own my own to play with.

Cordinaters should have a pool of participants set up "for people in my situation" that I can be put with to participate in the competition 

So I just sign up and be where my coordinator tells me I need to be at such time.

Otherwise it is a gated competition and such the rest of the community of young clans and new players suffer. We would enjoy steel ships as well.

Edited by nastydamnanimal
  • Confused 1

[U571]
Members
66 posts
9,578 battles

I have been playing this game for many years.  I have watched the KOTS tournaments of Streams and dreamed of one day doing one. Well after alot growth and becoming good allies with another clan we have combined forces and are fielding a full roster with our top players. Do we expect to get to the top  not a chance in hell. However we are going into this for experience, learn and have fun. However I digress. What you need to do is grow as an individual first and grow as a clan bc this isn't a competition to be dealing with the randoms of the game.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
709 posts
17,063 battles
1 hour ago, MONKEYBOMBS1945 said:

I have been playing this game for many years.  I have watched the KOTS tournaments of Streams and dreamed of one day doing one. Well after alot growth and becoming good allies with another clan we have combined forces and are fielding a full roster with our top players. Do we expect to get to the top  not a chance in hell. However we are going into this for experience, learn and have fun. However I digress. What you need to do is grow as an individual first and grow as a clan bc this isn't a competition to be dealing with the randoms of the game.

That's a great attitude to have man.  The OP has yet to make a varsity team, but wants to play in the Superbowl immediately.  

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles
7 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

3 hours ago, BatShipCrazies said:

its fun to go against stiff competition and see what you're made of. Do or do not, there is no try.

4 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I had assumed OP referred to people engaging in self-entertainment.  If he's referring to people providing services to others, then yeah, I might be less interested.  On the other hand, how else am I going to meet a celebrity like Robert Kraft?

2 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Wait, you aren't jerking off right now?

1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

No, he's not getting paid.

Best. Thread. Ever. I've been laughing for the past 15 minutes.

• Cool 1