You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Obvious

i don't know what to do anymore

33 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
989 battles

Over days... weeks... even months.... nothing but a lose....
Play ship you good with... lose
Go to low tier... lose
Taking a break... lose
Completely stop playing and play a completely different game... lose

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, WG?!

everything i've done doesn't work... and the WR goes down slowly but surely

playing from T8 all the way down to T5... nothing but loses... from north carolina to kirov

am really out of patience right now.... GODD*MN IT!

sorry if am being rude... i really need to vent this frustration

Edited by lochlan_
language
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[0456]
Members
3,342 posts
9,066 battles

Your stats are shaping up well but it looks like you’re moving from ship to ship frequently and that could be preventing you from excelling in the game.  

Your survival is also on the low side... but damage and main battery hit percentage are on point- deductive reasoning suggests that if you are able to stay in the game longer you will be more of an influence on winning.

You’re a BB main with relatively few battles so I’m thinking you’re probably having some trouble finding the right place and time to commit to a push on your team. Committing too early or too late to sway the battle Is very common and it takes time to master and a keen eye monitoring the flow of each battle. Sometimes there’s nothing you can do but in each loss or victory, if you look close enough or think back far enough there is something you did or didn’t do that had an impact on the end result. Be honest with yourself in your assessments and apply what you learn.  

I recommend developing some situational awareness and in a smaller cross section of ships at lower tiers 5-7. Actually playing some DDs may help improve your situational awareness while also providing a fresh perspective on “what the other guy is seeing “ so you can take additional steps to succeed in your favourite ship type  

Edited by _ENO_
  • Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
15,180 posts
9,959 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Obvious said:

Go to low tier... lose
Taking a break... lose

WHAT THE F*CK DID YOU WANT FROM ME WG?!

playing from T8 all the way down to T5... nothing but loses... from north carolina to kirov

1) Go to co-op for a while, where you will get a majority of wins, and use that to help get your confidence and morale back up.

2) Submit replays to @Lord_Zath and then follow his twitch stream so that you can learn where you could do better. Even better, go look up his YT channel and search for games in the ships you play.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
3,165 posts
13,519 battles
18 minutes ago, Admiral_Obvious said:

Go to low tier... lose
Taking a break... lose

Hi.  Welcome to WoWS.  

This game can be very streaky - losing streaks are a thing, and they can really only be endured.  But the good news is, you can draw on the resources others have provided on this forum to help you become a stronger player. Also, if you're online at the same time as me, I would be happy to division up with you - just send me a message in-game.

• Cool 2

[HEROS]
Members
1,808 posts
15,571 battles

SIr  I have sat at a 49% WR for 4 years now... I had it at a ;low of 46% at one point.  and as you can see I'm well over 10,000 matches.

There are days I wonder why I still play the game.. how is it I cannot seem to bust past a mear 200 match vector to pump it to 50%?

The MM got fixed they say  Hardly noticeable.  I'm still low tier more often then not.   Of course I utterly refuse to play the camping farming game.  Its such a cowardly way of fighting.

Mostly I play DD's.  I've learned to play cruisers in memory of Severign Swordmaster (R.I.P.) and I do downright ok in BB's

Today I had a pretty decent day and just played the Scharnhorst I picked up last month for the most part and punched my way into super unicum for the day mostly against tier IX's..

Yea. sub super cruiser guns  (only 11"), heavy german turtle back armor, 6k torps, and german secondaries and GREAT BIG BRASS ONES.  Usually our front with the DD players utterly delighted to see me there as having a BB to attract attention around them and take the heat so they can get their job done is a very very rare thing. Got killed in about half the matches.. and no where near top of the board in damage  For some inscrutable reason I don't really bother with shooting HE.. (I grew up in Montana.. open range country  Ranch country.. cowboy country not farm country..might have something to do with it) So the damage I was causing was pretty much perma damage.

I likely not the best person to give you advice on playstyle but my tag line does pretty much sum up my style of play, and that style is aggressive as all get out. I've kind of forced myself to be a good shot if I want to get any effective damage in before getting sunk.  And there are days where it seems my worst is still better then the rest of the team does.  I've had matches where I get sunk by the 5 minute mark and still cause more havok then the rest of the side I'm on combined.  I won't grace 'em with calling 'em a team because they're not a team.. they're a pick up group in Random and I mostly play solo. 

I don't play for WST or "personal" ratings off the stat tracker sites.  The one thing those don't encourage is learning how to WIN matches.  I will tell you that situational awareness is key to winning.   Knowing when to push hard and when to back off.  It's different for every map, and every mix of ships.    And no one but you can teach you this.  You've less then 1,000 matches under your belt.  Your still a novice player, and there is still a hellacious amount your going to need to learn.  I'm an "Average" player what ever the hell that means.  Yesterday I proved I'm a rather dangerous average players..

Be Dangerous.

TL_Warlord_Roff sends.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
817 posts
5,140 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1) Go to co-op for a while, where you will get a majority of wins, and use that to help get your confidence and morale back up.

2) Submit replays to @Lord_Zath and then follow his twitch stream so that you can learn where you could do better. Even better, go look up his YT channel and search for games in the ships you play.

I disagree with playing coop. Especially new players learn too many bad habits when they retreat to coop. The game mode is a terrible teacher and so many captain come away with false ideas from it.  This game is not a rush forward and brawl kind of game which is the exact thing practiced in coop. 

42 minutes ago, Admiral_Obvious said:

Go to low tier... lose
Taking a break... lose

You are doing alright man. Your winrate sitting at 55% right now with so few games is a good sign.  With that drive to get better you have you can become a unicum.  Pay close attention to the links. Ultimate newbie send and check out youtubers like flamu. 

[-K-]
Members
7,334 posts
12,029 battles
51 minutes ago, Admiral_Obvious said:

Taking a break... lose

Huh? :Smile_amazed:

Members
6 posts
989 battles

Thanks for the tips.... I would like too if any of you free to form up divs... Thank you once again...

just fyi... some of that premium ship is a rental... soo i don't know if it's count or not lol

@_ENO_ and yes... am trying changing from BB to a cruiser lately... might have to look back what i've done...
maybe am experiencing what people call "tilting"? :cap_hmm:

@UltimateNewbie Thanks for the tips... gonna check it out and i would love too to div up... Appreciate that... :cap_like:

@ElectroVeeDub Its less than 50% now lol

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Obvious said:

Thanks for the tips.... I would like too if any of you free to form up divs... Thank you once again...

just fyi... some of that premium ship is a rental... soo i don't know if it's count or not lol

@_ENO_ and yes... am trying changing from BB to a cruiser lately... might have to look back what i've done...
maybe am experiencing what people call "tilting"? :cap_hmm:

@UltimateNewbie Thanks for the tips... gonna check it out and i would love too to div up... Appreciate that... :cap_like:

@ElectroVeeDub Its less than 50% now lol

Try battleships. They're tanky, do tons of damage, and they're easier to learn... but slow AF....

I've seen lotsa guys who were unicums (purple status) And all they did was play BB's. It's a class that's easy to inflate statistics in.

Avoid cruisers and DD's just until you have tons of experience.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
12,054 posts
21,616 battles
36 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

2) Submit replays to @Lord_Zath and then follow his twitch stream so that you can learn where you could do better.

(-)

Even better, go look up his YT channel and search for games in the ships you play.

Outside submitting so many you become a nuisance, squeaky hinge, raised nail etc and get noticed; I no longer consider this a worthwhile exercise.

(-)

Probably  fine; if nothing else more useful than submitting replays.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,180 posts
9,959 battles
26 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I disagree with playing coop. Especially new players learn too many bad habits when they retreat to coop.

You have to be aware of the differences and play to them. I would also argue that too many Randoms players bring too much cautiousness to co-op. It's possible to keep a foot in both worlds.

That or operations.

[H_]
Members
2,917 posts
13,374 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Obvious said:

Go to low tier... lose
Taking a break... lose

I'm in the same camp as @Ensign_Cthulhu.  

Use COOP to develop the "situational awareness" and stop trying to be good !   There are no leader boards and this is a very poor meritocracy !!! 

If winning is "fun" for you, consider COOP first, then Scenarios and then, go up......  Till, it stops being fun once again....

[SALVO]
Members
817 posts
5,140 battles

7 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Use COOP to develop the "situational awareness" and stop trying to be good !

Coop is a terrible place to develop situational awareness.  There is only one situation there, bots rushing middle.  But you are right if he wants to give up on being good then he can go to coop.

Edited by eviltane

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,614 posts
18,713 battles

o/

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,614 posts
18,713 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Outside submitting so many you become a nuisance, squeaky hinge, raised nail etc and get noticed; I no longer consider this a worthwhile exercise.

(-)

Probably  fine; if nothing else more useful than submitting replays.

Ehh...  that's not really a problem on my channel.  I'm happy to look over anyone's replay.  In fact, I enjoy watching players improve over the months/years.

[H_]
Members
2,917 posts
13,374 battles
3 hours ago, eviltane said:

Coop is a terrible place to develop situational awareness.  There is only one situation there, bots rushing middle.  But you are right if he wants to give up on being good then he can go to coop.

"Knowing your enemy" has to start someplace.....  Why not at the beginning of the journey, eh?!  COOP is safe, predictable and mostly non-toxic place to work out what you, as a new player, can or can not do. 

BOTs don't miss nearly as much as humans.  The BOTs have a tendency to "start turning" the minute your aiming reticle swings in their direction.  BOTs can and do "hit the breaks" the second your Torp aiming guide comes on......  You can't learn by being punished over-and over again so some "other player" can stroke their ego's.....  Sorry, I play COOP to avoid the silliness of ego's and toxic behaviors.  Not because I'm not good enough......I choose to not take this arcade game seriously...

OP, come to COOP and "work out the bugs"........  It is worth it !!!

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
898 posts

Anyone can keep separate the obvious differences in Tactic from COOP and Randoms and OPS  Don't fall into the " One teaches you bad things " rut. They ALL will help you in different ways

I'm not from the camp of COOP Bad.

I'm sure most people can walk and chew gum at the same time.  Spend all the time in COOP you want to get used to you ships handling and aim etc. Nowhere will you get that much practice in a day. Randoms is the WORST place to work on getting to know a ship of any kind.  Get to know her BEFORE taking her there and build up her skills and mods or you are just BLAP bait.

Patience is key here. wanting to get gud FAST is not the way to avoid frustration. Stick with it and soon YOU will be topping the boards.

Col Out

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,272 battles

If you want wins play T6-T8 RU BBs.

Ah, so after seeing how few games you've played I think you should really hit the youtube's.  Watch some how to videos, and you need to branch out. You have yet to even play a game as a DD, your stats are unreliable because you are just getting past 400 games area and into mid tier. You are going to start running into alot of really good players stat padding in the T5-6 area and they are simply going to outplay you and half your team combined....

Without watching you play its anyone guess as to what would help you the most but in general you are going to go on a horrid loosing streak around now, you need to learn the "good postions" on each map now and commit to getting there soon and then being patient. Your cruiser win rate in pretty horrible, you are playing them like you play your BBs and it tells me you lack overall game knowledge. Not all ships have the same carry potential, you are going to suffer in the Colorado due its speed limiting its ability to carry games. Soviet cruisers are in general a totally different mind set than a BB and trying to alternate between them and the vastly different play style to US cruisers will cause issues for newer players. You can clearly hit stuff and do damage but it takes more than DPS to carry randoms. 

In all honestly doing next to nothing for the first 3 minutes, especially in your cruisers, and then looking to see who is in a good position as to how the game is playing out and then supporting them will probably start getting you wins. Your EXP per game has flat lined which means you are probably doing the exact same thing over and over and it has stopped working for you. You have very good damage and frags for your games played but pretty sub par exp overall. That tells me you are doing more than your fair share of the brawling but not really doing much to "win the game" other than removing the enemy teams HP. Start using your above average ability to kill people to capitalize on caps. Sometimes the easy kills and frags are not the ones you need to worry about. 

Members
548 posts
8,205 battles

Co Op games are an ok place to gauge the game's basic mechanics and how your ship handles and shoots, but the people you will encounter in actual pvp matches don't sail or act like bots and the matches play out very differently.

If you want to get good at randoms and competitive modes then that's where you should be, but move slowly and don't rush up the tiers. General rule of thumb: Don't move up to the next tier until you are winning 50% + of matches with the current ship/tier.

Also, keep soaking up info from wiki/forums/youtube. This game appears simple on the surface but there really is a lot to learn if you want to be an elite player.

edit: Oh and the skill most necessary for success in this game is not mechanics-related stuff like steering your ship or shooting your guns...it is situational awareness.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

Members
6 posts
989 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Your EXP per game has flat lined which means you are probably doing the exact same thing over and over and it has stopped working for you

maybe because am off the WoWs and doing real life stuff?? i remember around those date am travelling