Sign in to follow this  
TheURLGuy

WoWS Show: Awaiting Submarines

9 comments in this topic

[YETI]
Members
24 posts
6,558 battles

I think I'm missing something.  The replay site wants me to upload the replay file that the game software makes and not a actual standard video format file.  But then the WoW show says they want clips that are under a minute long.

SO.... how do I select only 1 minute of replay out of a [.wowsreplay] file.  What I'm I missing or not understanding.

I save replays with Nvidia Shadowplay feature and I can edit those in video editing software, but then those are not (.wowsreplay) files which the site says it wants.

Edited by JGSystems

[KMS]
Members
34 posts
5,279 battles

IT. CRUISERS ON WAY , GREAT!  This is the only game I play and throw my money at.

But subs on the way, what unhistorical, promise breaking, money grubbing trash

Every time I hear about force fitting  subs into this game, I want to zip my wallet. turn off the computer and go watch tv.

subs in this game, wrong scale, wrong premise, wrong modeling, wrong  tactics, what unhistorical, promise breaking, money grubbing trash

I see WoW jumping the shark on that one.

PS note my low posts per battles,  tells you how strongly I feel about this....

on the other hand I could really go for a dedicated sub game done right. not these wacko abominations. 

Edited by BabySeals
addition
  • Cool 2

[SOCOM]
[SOCOM]
Members
432 posts
16,937 battles
43 minutes ago, BabySeals said:

IT. CRUISERS ON WAY , GREAT!  This is the only game I play and throw my money at.

But subs on the way, what unhistorical, promise breaking, money grubbing trash

Every time I hear about force fitting  subs into this game, I want to zip my wallet. turn off the computer and go watch tv.

subs in this game, wrong scale, wrong premise, wrong modeling, wrong  tactics, what unhistorical, promise breaking, money grubbing trash

I see WoW jumping the shark on that one.

PS note my low posts per battles,  tells you how strongly I feel about this....

on the other hand I could really go for a dedicated sub game done right. not these wacko abominations. 

What did you expect from these people, I have played almost from the start and I am going to lose a lot of money and time. I got 120 ships half are premium and now they will all go into a mothball fleet. Now I am only playing while having my morning coffee and that will be tier one, the only tier where everyone is on the same level, no torps, no cv just ship to ship battles like it was designed to do. They are killing off many veteran player like you and myself. They say (wonder which side of their mouth they are talking from) Subs will be in t 6 and above so not to scare off new players,  So if I continue to play then I wont worry about going past 6, now that is incentive to play (NOT). The Money Pit is alive and well in WOW, Long live capitalism. 

• Cool 1

[YETI]
Members
24 posts
6,558 battles

I would say talking about Subs is off topic for this tread, but then I look back at the title and thought, "This is a Sub promo Title."

My thoughts on Subs at this stage in the game...

To Wargaming:

1) Don't force the Sub gameplay.  A lot of players are scared of how it will change the game.  Don't release subs until several top/key players play test them and say, "This is a fun element to the game and to not release subs would be a shame."  Not internal testing. You need your player base to say that on the test servers.

2) Don't just tell people subs are fun.  Tell your player base you wont release it until it's fun and fits into the game you have grown to love.  Players want to hear that subs will supplement game play and not harshly alter gameplay.

3)Personally speaking: I hope subs wont influence battle with high damage output.  My hope is that subs mainly just help with breaking up cluster formations and make island campers have to worry about  "looking over their shoulder" when deciding to snug up to an island and dropping anchor for 20 minutes and act like a stationary artillery platform.  I hope subs help speed the game up when it looks like the game is at a stalemate and everyone starts playing trench warfare.

To Players:

1) I see no point in the threat to quite the game before you see if subs are fun.  It's like a green eggs and ham situation.  You have to try it before you can say it is the worse thing ever.  I think it is fair to warn WG that you are VERY VERY skeptical about subs working and that if they screw this up and Subs  break the game, that you will quit.  But to hear a game feature and instantly say, "Nope, can't happen, broke the game, money grab, uninstalling, you all all satin spawn..."  I mean seriously.

2) Keep in mine that as a game ages, interest fades unless the game continues to adapt.  The trick is to adapt new feature sets gradually to stay interesting but not too fast or extreme to lose site of it's foundation.  If it changes to much, you lose your core player base.  It it doesn't change, the only ones playing will be a global population of 500 world of warships geeks who fight each other on the weekends until the serves finally shut down one day.

[NWS]
Members
15 posts
8,317 battles

Watched this video. Very interesting. However, it would have been nice to have the voiceover in English.

• Cool 1

Members
545 posts
19,884 battles

Was cool to be featured. Sad that they didn't choose to add my beautiful Kobayashi camo :(

Great chance to spam my twitch link at least LUL

[UTWE]
Members
336 posts
5,060 battles

Notice how in all these shows there's at least one RU BB replay? Those things are so OP it's disgusting.

Sign in to follow this