You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
OhCryMore

Flak and CV's since the most recent patch.

7 comments in this topic

[PENND]
Members
5 posts
4,526 battles

• Issue: Flak is hitting torpedo bombers while they are on a bombing run with devastating effect.

• Expected Result: Torpedo bombers are (in theory) immune to flak, if not constant AA damage while on a bombing run, which was done to compensate for their lack of maneuverability during said runs.
  • How to Replicate: Set up 2 ships near each other (in flak range). Execute torpedo run on one of them with their AA turned on. 
  • Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: See attached Kaga replay. This has been an issue not limited to the Kaga, but has been experienced by me in all of my CV's since the last patch.

20190926_022925_PJSA518-Kaga_40_Okinawa.wowsreplay

[DJL]
Members
151 posts
5,134 battles
28 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Since when are torpedo bombers immune to flak? News to me.

From 8.0 to 8.6 not sure if it was intended but a torpedo bomber could start a run and it would fly under the flak bursts. Now they can't, was not immune to continuous aa fire just flak clouds.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
1 minute ago, Athrun2021 said:

From 8.0 to 8.6 not sure if it was intended but a torpedo bomber could start a run and it would fly under the flak bursts. Now they can't, was not immune to continuous aa fire just flak clouds.

It tends to depend on when the poof spawns. Save the run till the last moment you can. Then you'll dive under the last poof and be A-okay to make your run.

This works in anything but Midway as far as I know. But Midway is an outlier due to being nerfed to hell in the torpedo category.

[DJL]
Members
151 posts
5,134 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It tends to depend on when the poof spawns. Save the run till the last moment you can. Then you'll dive under the last poof and be A-okay to make your run.

This works in anything but Midway as far as I know. But Midway is an outlier due to being nerfed to hell in the torpedo category.

If your using midway torps you must be out of dive bombers and rockets you would do more damage by crashing into the ship.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
Just now, Athrun2021 said:

If your using midway torps you must be out of dive bombers and rockets you would do more damage by crashing into the ship.

Quite. Still an example of torps that are very bad at avoiding flak, though. Outside of that, if you dive right as you're about to touch flak, you'll dodge it and potentially the salvo after. Just brake hard when you do it to avoid touching the one you dive under. It's what I do.