Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Bayard opinions?

4 comments in this topic

Members
416 posts
8,499 battles

I've been playing a lot more CL lately and was wondering if the Bayard is a ship people would recommend? How does her play style differ from ships like the Kutuzov and Irian? Is she just a tier 8 colbert? Any who has played her please give me your advice. THX

[VW]
Members
3,235 posts
16,323 battles
8 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I've been playing a lot more CL lately and was wondering if the Bayard is a ship people would recommend? How does her play style differ from ships like the Kutuzov and Irian? Is she just a tier 8 colbert? Any who has played her please give me your advice. THX

Found it easy to dev strike.

[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,114 posts
5,950 battles

Kutuzov and Irian are ships I have no experience with, but Bayard I do have. I like her, but she's not without faults. The ship is pretty much a French Cleveland for good and for bad. You trade radar, the ability to mount hydro and DFAA at the same time, and a bit of main battery firing angle in exchange for speed boost, main battery reload boost, and torpedoes.  Like the other French cruisers Bayard is more of an open water kiting ship than an island-hugger. She's got good rate-of-fire, but those guns are kind of... Eh, at tier 8. Her torpedoes have good range and damage, those lucky French torps will surprise people all the time; and her speed is just wonderful for controlling the engagement. The one real problem with her, that can be said to REALLY be a problem unlike mediocre guns, is the pathetic firing angles those guns get.  You're gonna have to show a 40-degree angle at minimum to bring all four turrets to bear, it's honestly best not to even try doing that unless you're finishing someone off or at range where you can wiggle. Which reminds me, she keeps that fragile French rudder, so watch out for that.

tl;dr: Bayard isn't a must-have, but she's hardly a stinker. Unless you're really invested in CL gameplay or need a trainer for the French cruiser line, I wouldn't feel bad giving her a pass. Besides, DeGrasse is a better trainer tier-for-tier anyway.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,019 posts
12,632 battles

Bayard is a good CL, perform really well when top tier and defend herself pretty good when bottom tier.

A solid ship overall but weak armour so don't expect to bounces shell.

Sign in to follow this