You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

How about some new coal ships?

24 comments in this topic

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles

....I know there's lots of easy ways already to spend time grinding for free ships here....but I feel like there's such a wide gap between the Aigle and the Okt. Rev. all the way up to the 228k coal options, surely a few in the 100k range wouldn't hurt.

....Getting new ships one way or another has always been my favorite aspect of this game, and I don't think this is a bad idea.

....Who's with me?

• Cool 7

[BUOY]
Members
545 posts
11,000 battles

Some more mid tier coal ships (they can be old reward ships like the current ones) would be nice, unfortunately it's doubtful they'll be doing that considering they just dumped most of those into the armory premium shop. 

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles
17 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Some more mid tier coal ships (they can be old reward ships like the current ones) would be nice, unfortunately it's doubtful they'll be doing that considering they just dumped most of those into the armory premium shop. 

....I take your point, but they bring out new ships seemingly faster than ever these days....I'm patient....perhaps they'll take note of my suggestion.

[VW]
Members
3,235 posts
16,323 battles

Tier 7-8 coal ships wouldnt be a bad idea. Not sure i’d spend on them (I haven’t even picked up nelson and don’t really see a reason to do so) but maybe a new player might.

• Cool 1

[SHPFC]
Members
224 posts
7,359 battles

I have asked this many times with no answers from the Dev's. I have suggested that we get ships on a Rotation even in the lower Tiers 4-6 every 3 or 4 months swap them out giving older players a chance to get new ships and still giving newer players a chance to get the older ships. I would love to see new ships for coal. The ones that go for over 200k get swapped out. Can't the lower ones get swapped as well.

Frosty

• Cool 1

[IND8]
Members
533 posts
8,375 battles
3 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

Yes, but many of the current coal ships are also available for doubloons already, so seeing some of them cross over into coal as well wouldn't be that surprising. Considering that, let's consider what ships would be good candidates to become coal ships. First, they can not occupy a niche already in the armory. Second, they either can't be that popular, or have been sold so much that they are already extremely discounted. Lastly, they need to be ships that either a regularly heavily discounted, or have been easily earnable reward ships in the past. When considering all of these factors, I present the following six ships to be good candidates to become coal ships in the armory between tiers III and VII:

III Vampire
III Varyag
V Hill
V Texas
VI Huanghe
VI Prinz Eitel Friederich

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
182 posts
8,064 battles
23 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I present the following six ships to be good candidates to become coal ships in the armory between tiers III and VII:

I am thinking they should add these also. Maybe not all at the same time but rotate them. These have been around awhile and most vets have them, either from reward ships or purchased. But then you run into the problem of ppl getting salty because some had to pay real money for them, instead of free with coal. I don't think WGing will do this because I they still make a good profit  on those ships in the premium shop.

Duke of York

Indianapolis

Leningrad

Blyskawica

Heck why not some tier eights for 200,000 coal like the Kidd, Asashio or Cossack?

• Cool 1

[TCHR]
Members
16 posts
1,641 battles

I am not fluent in English, sorry for the errors. I think it's a great idea, new players like me don't have coal ship options because of this big gap, I like to play with cruisers, for example, and there's not a single tier VI or VII option, just a BB and a destroyer, which doesn't interest me, and then a long way to level IX, which in my case is still impractical. So in addition to failing to provide different tiers, they fail in the ship classes as well.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
1,747 posts
6,592 battles
1 hour ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Yes, but many of the current coal ships are also available for doubloons already, so seeing some of them cross over into coal as well wouldn't be that surprising. Considering that, let's consider what ships would be good candidates to become coal ships. First, they can not occupy a niche already in the armory. Second, they either can't be that popular, or have been sold so much that they are already extremely discounted. Lastly, they need to be ships that either a regularly heavily discounted, or have been easily earnable reward ships in the past. When considering all of these factors, I present the following six ships to be good candidates to become coal ships in the armory between tiers III and VII:

III Vampire
III Varyag
V Hill
V Texas
VI Huanghe
VI Prinz Eitel Friederich

Vampire is a GREAT choice to make available for coal.  She is an absolute blast to play.  Queen Bee of tier 3!  :cap_like:

All the others would be good additions as well.

Huanghe, poor man's Perth.  Much maligned albeit unfairly.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
2,641 posts
42 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Vampire is a GREAT choice to make available for coal.  She is an absolute blast to play.  Queen Bee of tier 3!  :cap_like:

All the others would be good additions as well.

Huanghe, poor man's Perth.  Much maligned albeit unfairly.

Vampire good.

Huanghe is despair incarnate. Truely a steaming pile of turds floating in a septic pool of rotting hopes and crushed dreams.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
1,747 posts
6,592 battles
16 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Vampire good.

Huanghe is despair incarnate. Truely a steaming pile of turds floating in a septic pool of rotting hope's and crushed dreams.

That is some high quality maligning there!  +1  :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[USMC-]
Members
210 posts
6,395 battles

Couldn’t agree more. They don’t have to be new ships either. Just rotate some existing tier 5-7 premiums and I would be happy.

[A_51]
Members
952 posts
2 hours ago, Rada777 said:

I am not fluent in English, sorry for the errors. I think it's a great idea, new players like me don't have coal ship options because of this big gap, I like to play with cruisers, for example, and there's not a single tier VI or VII option, just a BB and a destroyer, which doesn't interest me, and then a long way to level IX, which in my case is still impractical. So in addition to failing to provide different tiers, they fail in the ship classes as well.

Your English is excellent.

• Cool 1

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles
1 hour ago, Seaneroo said:

Your English is excellent.

I concur....better than some native speakers', in fact....

Edited by commodore_torakula

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles
4 hours ago, Rada777 said:

Honestly, u should grab a Campbeltown (it's cheap) and find out how fun DDs can be....the guns are dinky but 7.5km range on her fish plays havoc with red BBs at tier III.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,747 posts
6,592 battles
5 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

Honestly, u should grab a Campbeltown (it's cheap) and find out how fun DDs can be....the guns are dinky but 7.5km range on her fish plays havoc with red BBs at tier III.

Or a Charleston!  I have great fun dropping my 15 point Boise skipper in her and cutting loose.:Smile_trollface:

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Or a Charleston!  I have great fun dropping my 15 point Boise skipper in her and cutting loose.:Smile_trollface:

Good on you!....Nothing like a little low-tier from time to time to cleanse the palate, I say.

[IND8]
Members
533 posts
8,375 battles
7 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

6 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

Good on you!....Nothing like a little low-tier from time to time to cleanse the palate, I say.

Right now, I am hearing the voice of DBZA Freeza saying, "Oh look, more baby seals!"

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles
8 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Right now, I am hearing the voice of DBZA Freeza saying, "Oh look, more baby seals!"

Used to use the "Labrador Slugger" by Hillerich & Bradsby....cousin to the much more well known "Louisville Slugger"

Who's DBZA Freeza?

Edited by commodore_torakula

[IND8]
Members
533 posts
8,375 battles
4 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

Who's DBZA Freeza?

Dragon Ball Z Abridged. Freeza is the main villain of the second story arc. That was a quote from him. He was interrogating a village, and described his men as drunken sailors and the villagers as baby seals. A group of warriors showed up to try and defend the surviving villagers and his response to their arrival was, "Oh look, more baby seals!"

• Funny 1

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles

Dragon Ball Z Abridged. Freeza is the main villain of the second story arc. That was a quote from him. He was interrogating a village, and described his men as drunken sailors and the villagers as baby seals. A group of warriors showed up to try and defend the surviving villagers and his response to their arrival was, "Oh look, more baby seals!"

....o i c...is this character mortal or some other sort of being?

[IND8]
Members
533 posts
8,375 battles
10 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

....o i c...is this character mortal or some other sort of being?

He's mortal, but a very powerful mortal whose goal is to become immortal. Super Strength, Speed, Flight, and the ability to shoot energy blasts powerful enough to blow up planets, which he has actually done a few times.

Members
1,515 posts
10,793 battles

He's mortal, but a very powerful mortal whose goal is to become immortal. Super Strength, Speed, Flight, and the ability to shoot energy blasts powerful enough to blow up planets, which he has actually done a few times.

That's my goal as well, as it happens....but I promise not to annihilate any planets unless someone makes me very cross indeed!....

• Funny 1