You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
VoidSlayer3

Match Loading Times

3 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
216 battles

I recently took a good long break from this game to focus on other games. When I came back, I was delighted to find that aircraft carriers had been turned into a more immersive experience, and submarines were coming to the game. This fueled my want to get back into this game, and get good at it. The problem is.... these horrible match loading times.

I have a pretty decent computer. GTX 1050ti GPU, an i5 quad core processor, 8 GB of RAM, a terabyte of HDD. I can run games like Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch just fine. But when it comes to World of Warships, it simply does not want to function. Once I'm five minutes into a match, it performs perfectly. But when I'm searching and joining a match, the game just will not load in. It'll give me that WoWS spinning icon that tells me that I found a match, then it'll freeze frame for a good minute, and finally I'm in the player list for the match. But by the time I make it to that point, half the other players are loaded in and it's already 10 seconds till match start. And then I end up having to wait for another minute or two before actually being able to do more than watch my team move on the map, and that takes away from the gameplay experience. On top of that, the first minute of the game is plagued with stuttering and unresponsive controls. This issue is in every match. First match of the day, or tenth, it does not matter. They all give me a two minute dead weight for every match I join, just because it won't load.

Before my break from this game, which was about a good year ago, it worked perfectly fine. I would get into a match with 20 seconds to spare. But now.... I'm just wondering what happened. What changed in the game to make it perform so badly? And how the heck do I fix it so that I can actually get in and enjoy myself properly? Does anyone have any fixes to this problem? I can't be the only one with this issue...

Edited by VoidSlayer3
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,872 posts
22,064 battles
2 hours ago, VoidSlayer3 said:

I recently took a good long break from this game to focus on other games. When I came back, I was delighted to find that aircraft carriers had been turned into a more immersive experience, and submarines were coming to the game. This fueled my want to get back into this game, and get good at it. The problem is.... these horrible match loading times.

I have a pretty decent computer. GTX 1050ti GPU, an i5 quad core processor, 8 GB of RAM, a terabyte of HDD. I can run games like Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch just fine. But when it comes to World of Warships, it simply does not want to function. Once I'm five minutes into a match, it performs perfectly. But when I'm searching and joining a match, the game just will not load in. It'll give me that WoWS spinning icon that tells me that I found a match, then it'll freeze frame for a good minute, and finally I'm in the player list for the match. But by the time I make it to that point, half the other players are loaded in and it's already 10 seconds till match start. And then I end up having to wait for another minute or two before actually being able to do more than watch my team move on the map, and that takes away from the gameplay experience. On top of that, the first minute of the game is plagued with stuttering and unresponsive controls. This issue is in every match. First match of the day, or tenth, it does not matter. They all give me a two minute dead weight for every match I join, just because it won't load.

Before my break from this game, which was about a good year ago, it worked perfectly fine. I would get into a match with 20 seconds to spare. But now.... I'm just wondering what happened. What changed in the game to make it perform so badly? And how the heck do I fix it so that I can actually get in and enjoy myself properly? Does anyone have any fixes to this problem? I can't be the only one with this issue...

You might wanna file a report to support about that...haven't seen a lot of threads about it except for from Mac users.

If you have any mods loaded (even WG approved ones) you'll wanna uninstall them 1st & retry before anything else.

I ain't got the techie skills to suggest beyond that but mods are 1st thing support will tell you to check.

Members
150 posts
3,598 battles

Adding my name to this, it's dismal. 5+ minutes to load into a single match. Not a new thing, but the latest update has doubled the amount of time it was taking before. And before now wasnt great, the last few updates have  skyrocketed the amount of time it takes to load, and judging from the loading screen and placement of ships, it's only me being affected every time.