Klaatu_Nicto

Abbey Road Anniversary

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
478 posts
16,096 battles

The Beatles’ New ‘Here Comes The Sun’ Video
On Thursday (26), the 50th anniversary of the first release of the Abbey Road album in 1969 will be marked by a global premiere event for the full video....The video will premiere on 26 September at 9:02am PDT/12:02pm EDT/5:02pm BST. Fans will be able to tune in one hour ahead for an engaging 60-minute countdown to the premiere
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/beatles-trailer-new-here-comes-the-sun-video/

Abbey Road is the eleventh studio album by English rock band the Beatles, released on 26 September 1969 by Apple Records. The recording sessions were the last in which all four Beatles participated. Let It Be was the final album that the Beatles completed and released before the band's dissolution in April 1970, but most of the album had been recorded before the Abbey Road sessions began.

Abbey Road was an immediate commercial success and reached number one in the UK and US, although it initially received mixed reviews, with some critics describing its music as inauthentic and bemoaning the production's artificial effects. Over time, the album became viewed as among the Beatles' best and many critics have ranked it as one of the greatest albums of all time. In particular, George Harrison's contributions in "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun" are considered to be among the best songs that he wrote for the group.

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,804 posts
12,776 battles

I am officially old, I remember listening to those songs on vinyl and on AM radio because the only music that could be found on the FM band was classical when they came out.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,838 posts
22,021 battles

Gotta tag this...gonna do "You never give me your money" at open mike night tomorrow to celebrate that.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
13 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I am officially old, I remember listening to those songs on vinyl and on AM radio because the only music that could be found on the FM band was classical when they came out.

LoL Me too LoL, I can remember having a Beatles 8 Track Tape, LoL

[KNTAI]
Members
1,476 posts
6,728 battles

I was just 9 months old, but the Beatles' Music has always resonated (pun intended) with me. 

BTW, Abbey Road was the first Beatles CD I bought, back in 1988.

Edited by Cruiser_SanJuan

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,559 posts
23,530 battles
On 9/26/2019 at 4:58 AM, BrushWolf said:

Vinyl, AM radio and you spend time in front of the radio with the finger on the tape to make your own "Best of..."

And when they played finally the missing song, the presenter start talking into the last 10 seconds of the song.

Something kids today will never understand.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Supertester
22,804 posts
12,776 battles
9 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Vinyl, AM radio and you spend time in front of the radio with the finger on the tape to make your own "Best of..."

And when they played finally the missing song, the presenter start talking into the last 10 seconds of the song.

That was why you recorded off the college stations, they rarely talk over the music.

[KNTAI]
Members
1,476 posts
6,728 battles
9 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

In Puerto Rico in the late 70's or early 80s' there was a DJ in a salsa music station that sang in unison with the song's last few seconds. 
Now, I wasn't then or now a Salsa music fan, but I found that quite annoying.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,559 posts
23,530 battles
On 9/28/2019 at 10:01 PM, BrushWolf said:

That was why you recorded off the college stations, they rarely talk over the music.

If I would have lived in the USA maybe :Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
Supertester
22,804 posts
12,776 battles
14 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

If I would have lived in the USA maybe :Smile_teethhappy:

Never thought of that, learn something new every day. Here every school that has degrees for people entering careers involved with broadcasting has a radio station and some even have TV stations.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.