You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NippleSnipplez

Admiral Graf Spee

41 comments in this topic

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles

Is this premium ship still attainable via normal means like doubloons or the armory, occasionally? I've just gotten one from an exp container where I rolled to get coal and stuff, along with a 10 point commander. Is this rare/is this ship any good or different from the regular Graf Spee in the German line? Also what kind of commander skills are worth running on it?

[WOLFG]
Members
7,027 posts
5,038 battles
Just now, NippleSnipplez said:

Wait, is the Admiral Graf Spee the only one?

There is a collaboration ship the HSF (High School Fleet) Graf Spee, that I do not think is available.  It is basically the same ship.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

There is a collaboration ship the HSF (High School Fleet) Graf Spee, that I do not think is available.  It is basically the same ship.

Ah, I see, thank you.

[-TNG-]
Members
60 posts
1,615 battles

Probably

To answer the rest of your question, the two ships are identical in stats. As for good commander skills, for 10 points...Hmm...Preventative Maintenance for T1, Expert Marksman for T2, Superintendent for T3, and...let’s say either Concealment Expert for T4. There’s a few different possible builds for it, though. She’s a good ship, very versatile in the right hands.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
1 minute ago, Shadow0206 said:

To answer the rest of your question, the two ships are identical in stats. As for good commander skills, for 10 points...Hmm...Preventative Maintenance for T1, Expert Marksman for T2, Superintendent for T3, and...let’s say either Concealment Expert for T4. There’s a few different possible builds for it, though. She’s a good ship, very versatile in the right hands.

Thanks for the help, also if you don't mind, how might it work that I got this ship + the 10 point commander from a resources crate?

Members
1,072 posts

I use Superintendent for the 1st 3rd tier slot.  

And yes, the HSF Graf Spee (has a better permacamo) is out there, but no longer available.  Same ship as the Admiral Graf Spee.  The collaboration was abruptly ended.  Heard some noises that they were having issues on the HSF end?  Don't know, I'm sure the weebs could tell you.

Good guns, just don't forget it's a cruiser, not a BB.  A pretty tough cruiser, but still a cruiser.  Great torps.

Members
1,072 posts
2 minutes ago, NippleSnipplez said:

Thanks for the help, also if you don't mind, how might it work that I got this ship + the 10 point commander from a resources crate?

Probably came as a supercontainer, actually.  Or you got one of the directive supercontainers and got lucky.

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
20,029 battles
18 minutes ago, NippleSnipplez said:

the regular Graf Spee in the German line?

There is no tech tree Graf Spee

[-TNG-]
Members
60 posts
1,615 battles

I’m not sure how you might have gotten it. Was this a crate dropped by an assignment or directive? That might explain it.

By the by, as for the ship’s strengths...The guns are the centerpiece of the whole thing, she can pop any cruiser she meets, and punch well above her weight. Her torps are also really strong, and her consumable mix (including Repair Party!) gives her plenty of staying power and combat flexibility. Her armor is also not bad, but she’s not the most nimble of ships, so don’t be too eager to brawl. There’s a rhythm to engagements in the Graf Spee, you need to know when to stick at range, and when to close in for the coup de grace.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
1 minute ago, agm114r said:

Probably came as a supercontainer, actually.  Or you got one of the directive supercontainers and got lucky.

Yeah the container didn't look like usual, was big and a bit more square than rectangular, not sure what the other type of supercontainer is tho.

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
2 minutes ago, Shadow0206 said:

I’m not sure how you might have gotten it. Was this a crate dropped by an assignment or directive? That might explain it.

By the by, as for the ship’s strengths...The guns are the centerpiece of the whole thing, she can pop any cruiser she meets, and punch well above her weight. Her torps are also really strong, and her consumable mix (including Repair Party!) gives her plenty of staying power and combat flexibility. Her armor is also not bad, but she’s not the most nimble of ships, so don’t be too eager to brawl. There’s a rhythm to engagements in the Graf Spee, you need to know when to stick at range, and when to close in for the coup de grace.

Well I don't think either, I got it from having earned like 6k exp or something and I selected resources.

Members
1,072 posts

Well I don't think either, I got it from having earned like 6k exp or something and I selected resources.

But instead you got a big red cube.  That's a supercontainer.  You got lucky.  Enjoy it!

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
1 minute ago, agm114r said:

But instead you got a big red cube.  That's a supercontainer.  You got lucky.  Enjoy it!

Sweeet never knew what those were like/what they dropped lol.

Members
1,744 posts
3,622 battles
7 minutes ago, Shadow0206 said:

Just to add to this, she can bully any cruiser she meets with her AP, if she goes unnoticed she can reek havoc on unsuspecting BBs with her AP or HE depending on their angle but DDs are a issue because her guns are rarely accurate enough with 6 barrels to one shot them, her secondaries at T6 will never be accurate enough to scare them off and shes slow and sluggish compared to other cruisers. Playing her at range is a wise idea and go in for the 1v1 against cruisers when possible

[-TNG-]
Members
60 posts
1,615 battles
1 minute ago, Psycodiver said:

Just to add to this, she can bully any cruiser she meets with her AP, if she goes unnoticed she can reek havoc on unsuspecting BBs with her AP or HE depending on their angle but DDs are a issue because her guns are rarely accurate enough with 6 barrels to one shot them, her secondaries at T6 will never be accurate enough to scare them off and shes slow and sluggish compared to other cruisers. Playing her at range is a wise idea and go in for the 1v1 against cruisers when possible

Well said!

[LDQ]
Members
152 posts
716 battles
1 minute ago, Psycodiver said:

Thanks for all the help, she seems like a very interesting ship being a cruiser with such long reloads and such. I'm most used to the russian cruiser line.

Members
1,744 posts
3,622 battles

Thanks for all the help, she seems like a very interesting ship being a cruiser with such long reloads and such. I'm most used to the russian cruiser line.

Well she doesn't exactly play like any ship in the game to be honest, she a big slow cruiser with big guns with good enough accuracy to hurt cruisers and battleships but not accurate enough like a regular cruiser to cause DDs to run in fear. She's not a good captain trainer but she is fun to put my 19 point captain in and blast around in

[TSF_1]
Members
3,179 posts
6,996 battles

Hot take: Use RPF instead of CE. Very few guns mean you want more reaction time, but the hydro and plane combined give it some good vision. Seeing the DDs coming is a huge help.

Members
1,072 posts
21 minutes ago, NippleSnipplez said:

Sweeet never knew what those were like/what they dropped lol.

Just don't expect ships often.  It happens, but it's rare.

[-TNG-]
Members
60 posts
1,615 battles
9 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Hot take: Use RPF instead of CE. Very few guns mean you want more reaction time, but the hydro and plane combined give it some good vision. Seeing the DDs coming is a huge help.

Also really good advice! I’ll have to try this next time. :)