Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

WG finally succeeded getting some money from me

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,305
Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles

I had to pay $14.98, I could not help it.  WG practically extorted it from me.  Let me tell you what their evil plan was.

They started a while ago by giving away Dallas for free, to tempt me to grind Worcester.  But the force was strong with me, and I did not fall for that cheap tactic.

Then they gave me free Smolensk for some taste of high tier CL daka daka.  But I would not budge.

Then they have given away these darn super containers with enough free XP and special flags to go straight to Worcester with little effort, but still I did not pay.

And that is when they offered coupon that would make Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya cost $14.98 and be converted in just a bit over 5000 doubloons for Worcester permacamo.

They finally got me.  That’s what it takes to earn $14.98 nowadays...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
521
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,440 posts
13,405 battles
11 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

away Dallas for free

If you was here since that time, you should got the FREE Perm Shark/Eagle camo for the Worster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
4 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If you was here since that time, you should got the FREE Perm Shark/Eagle camo for the Worster

I absolutely despise those “special” skins, and I did not make any effort to pick it up.  I prefer the default permacamo on my T10s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
521
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,440 posts
13,405 battles
10 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

the default

therefore it cost $$$$

 

FREE = FREE

lol

but it come down to personal preferences .... and I respect that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

Why are you making out not spending on a game as an achievement?

Okay sure WG doest deserve any recently with their game changes but still..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[SSBN]
Members
65 posts
9,486 battles
22 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Why are you making out not spending on a game as an achievement?

Okay sure WG doest deserve any recently with their game changes but still..

It's like those flag waving/hugging American patriots that brag on evading their taxes. Ain't it.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
1 minute ago, StudebacherHoch said:

It's like those flag waving/hugging American patriots that brag on evading their taxes. Ain't it.

I dunno.
I just keep fish nowadays..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,664
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,017 battles
5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I had to pay $14.98, I could not help it.  WG practically extorted it from me.  Let me tell you what their evil plan was.

They started a while ago by giving away Dallas for free, to tempt me to grind Worcester.  But the force was strong with me, and I did not fall for that cheap tactic.

Then they gave me free Smolensk for some taste of high tier CL daka daka.  But I would not budge.

Then they have given away these darn super containers with enough free XP and special flags to go straight to Worcester with little effort, but still I did not pay.

And that is when they offered coupon that would make Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya cost $14.98 and be converted in just a bit over 5000 doubloons for Worcester permacamo.

They finally got me.  That’s what it takes to earn $14.98 nowadays...

Your journey to the Dark Side has just begun... Welcome...          :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,075
[O-PN]
Members
2,098 posts
4,408 battles
34 minutes ago, StudebacherHoch said:

It's like those flag waving/hugging American patriots that brag on evading their taxes. Ain't it.

I got more respect for those wanting to keep their money than I've got for those with their hands out for it.  Know what's worse than not paying taxes?   Getting more back than you paid.  That's the real crime.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
394
[AK-47]
Members
716 posts
4,206 battles
8 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I had to pay $14.98, I could not help it.  WG practically extorted it from me.  Let me tell you what their evil plan was.

They started a while ago by giving away Dallas for free, to tempt me to grind Worcester.  But the force was strong with me, and I did not fall for that cheap tactic.

Then they gave me free Smolensk for some taste of high tier CL daka daka.  But I would not budge.

Then they have given away these darn super containers with enough free XP and special flags to go straight to Worcester with little effort, but still I did not pay.

And that is when they offered coupon that would make Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya cost $14.98 and be converted in just a bit over 5000 doubloons for Worcester permacamo.

They finally got me.  That’s what it takes to earn $14.98 nowadays...

Well... WG is a business! Why would you be that frustrated to pay them??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
3 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Well... WG is a business! Why would you be that frustrated to pay them??? 

I wasn’t frustrated to pay them.  I was just reflecting on the fact that recently it takes a lot of effort to make money off certain players.  In the past I paid a whole lot of money.  I don’t have exact metrics, but I estimate about $1000 spend in the first couple of years.  Now it’s down to $14.98 in the last year.

Its not that I am protesting or anything, I am having fun at the game.  I just don’t see anything worth spending money on, given what I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
55 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

that piece of crapthat is the OR

I had the OR.  When you buy it from premium shop when you already own it, you get enough doubloons back for T10 permacamo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I had the OR.  When you buy it from premium shop when you already own it, you get enough doubloons back for T10 permacamo.

Really I misread, 

I thought they changed that stuff so it doesn't work anymore and you get adjusted  dubloons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
575
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,683 posts
36,864 battles

OP, how did you get a free Smolensk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[NSEW]
Members
1,530 posts
9,702 battles

Forget the content of this thread or what it states.  I find the OPs name highly amusing and quite apt to the game itself. 

Question is; Did you rename it or was it one of those eureka moments?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,930
[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,452 posts
4,550 battles
11 hours ago, StudebacherHoch said:

It's like those flag waving/hugging American patriots that brag on evading their taxes. Ain't it. 

It's our duty. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
1 hour ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Really I misread, 

I thought they changed that stuff so it doesn't work anymore and you get adjusted  dubloons

They did change it so that if the ship is on sale, you get proportionally reduced doubloon value. This does not (yet) affect ships you purchased with coupons.  I had to take a little leap of faith there to confirm this, but it still works for coupon discount.  But they might patch that little “exploit”, so there...

Edited by Ramsalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
777
[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,835 battles

 

11 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

I got more respect for those wanting to keep their money than I've got for those with their hands out for it.  Know what's worse than not paying taxes?   Getting more back than you paid.  That's the real crime.

The real crime, is when the government takes more than they should have, and thus has to give you a refund (the whole reason you get a tax-return in the first place), but because it's already been a full year, they benefited from the interest on that money, and that is money that you'll never see, despite having been obtained from money that was yours and not the government's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

OP, how did you get a free Smolensk?

I consider all ships that I got for in-game resources free, since I stopped paying for game a long while ago.  That includes 8 premium T9 ships, and 1 Smolensk.  I did not pay to convert free XP, and I did not purchase any containers for coal or flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,305
Members
2,950 posts
11,394 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Forget the content of this thread or what it states.  I find the OPs name highly amusing and quite apt to the game itself. 

Question is; Did you rename it or was it one of those eureka moments?

 

Believe it or not, this name comes from World of Tanks.  It just happened to work in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×