You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ItzYaBoyMe

Nelson

27 comments in this topic

[CUJO]
Members
25 posts
5,117 battles

I have not exactly 375k free XP but im like 50k away and im wondering should I go for it or should I wait to get like the new Italian cruisers or subs or anything (i like all types and have fun in them all).

[-TNG-]
Members
60 posts
1,576 battles

Nelson’s a fun ship, it’s got nice guns for its tier and a zombie heal, and it’s pretty good for angling bow-in, but it’s not for everyone. It’s slow and it’s armor belt leaves much to be desired if you get caught at the wrong angle. She’s certainly enjoyable, and it’s fun to run Narai in her (even if she may not be the most ideal ship for it), and it’s hard to argue with both her credit earning potential, and her affordable FXP price. She isn’t the greatest in Randoms, though, and and being British, her secondary armament is...less than ideal. Both in performance and placement.

Still, I’d say that you should go for her. Everyone will be grinding up the Italian tree when it’s released, so it’s not like you won’t be in the same boat (pardon the pun) as the rest of the player base. Stockpile EXP camos, or Equal Speed Charlie London flags, that’ll make the trip up the Italian line better. But that’s just my advice. I admittedly don’t have much play time in my Nelson, so take my words with quite a few grains of salt.

[CUJO]
Members
25 posts
5,117 battles
3 minutes ago, Shadow0206 said:

Nelson’s a fun ship, it’s got nice guns for its tier and a zombie heal, and it’s pretty good for angling bow-in, but it’s not for everyone. It’s slow and it’s armor belt leaves much to be desired if you get caught at the wrong angle. She’s certainly enjoyable, and it’s fun to run Narai in her (even if she may not be the most ideal ship for it), and it’s hard to argue with both her credit earning potential, and her affordable FXP price. She isn’t the greatest in Randoms, though, and and being British, her secondary armament is...less than ideal. Both in performance and placement.

Still, I’d say that you should go for her. Everyone will be grinding up the Italian tree when it’s released, so it’s not like you won’t be in the same boat (pardon the pun) as the rest of the player base. Stockpile EXP camos, or Equal Speed Charlie London flags, that’ll make the trip up the Italian line better. But that’s just my advice. I admittedly don’t have much play time in my Nelson, so take my words with quite a few grains of salt

that is true and i do have my good share of flags and camos and i guess its always fun going lower to higher tier ships for the expierse

[-K-]
Members
7,317 posts
12,015 battles

Depends.  Considering the time it takes to grind FXP, would you rather use it now or save it for a bigger prize down the road?

Members
164 posts
12,426 battles

I have 169 games in her, she's beautiful, unique and pound for pound the second best free xp ship that's came out.. Mizu is number 1 for obvious reasons 🤑🤑🤑 Nelson is half the price of the musashi. Very competitive at tier 7.i have a 58% winrate in her. But if slow methodical BB play isn't your thing I'd say pass... But to me she's the best bang for the buck for free xp. Good luck captain 

[LEGIT]
Members
2,028 posts
27,847 battles

Best free XP value out there. I wouldn't be surprised if it's taken out of rotation for a while; though I haven't heard anything to that effect.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
12,037 posts
21,571 battles
14 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Depends.  Considering the time it takes to grind FXP, would you rather use it now or save it for a bigger prize down the road?

An extension of ‘saving’ fxp is not spending it to bypass ‘bad’ ships.

I’ve fxp’d modules, but haven’t really fxp’d passed ship since my 2015 attack of stupidity, when I did so to get Des Moines.

Long story short; I sucked hard, and now hate high tiers because of that.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,836 posts
12,789 battles
23 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

If there is something for free experience that costs more he should go for that but if not the Nelson is great fun.

[-K-]
Members
7,317 posts
12,015 battles
18 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

If there is something for free experience that costs more he should go for that but if not the Nelson is great fun.

Makes you wonder if Nelson will ever be pulled from the Arsenal.....

[GWG]
Supertester
22,836 posts
12,789 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Makes you wonder if Nelson will ever be pulled from the Arsenal.....

No sign of that yet and if anything she will become a coal ship. The only thing remotely over powered about her is the Print-a-Shiptm damage repair.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,028 posts
27,847 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The only thing remotely over powered about her is the Print-a-Shiptm damage repair.

LOL.  Haven't heard that one before.  I bet if someone does the math Nelson probably could repair her whole hit points.  Literally print a ship.

[AAA]
Members
873 posts
10,198 battles
58 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Best free XP value out there.

This times 1000. Fun if not at time hilarious ship to play. Top tier she is she is a beast. Even with t8s top she performs well. With t9s her armor and speed leave her lacking. I have never regretted buying her

[GWG]
Supertester
22,836 posts
12,789 battles
8 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

LOL.  Haven't heard that one before.  I bet if someone does the math Nelson probably could repair her whole hit points.  Literally print a ship.

And more, I have brought her from low three digit health to about 2/3 health in a single heal. If you can stay out of combat for the cool down you will have an almost full health ship.

[-WTP-]
Members
952 posts
8,215 battles

If you have the other more expensive FXP ships, then yes. I only got the Nelson when there was nothing left that I wanted at the time. It's a lot of fun. Would I take it into battle over the Sinop or Scharnhorst? Absolutely not. It may have a "new ship" button, but ANY mistake, and I mean ANY, will have you erased and back to port faster than almost any other BB in the game. Poor positioning, and poor angling is punished severely. In Ranked Sprint I'd salivate at the sight of one and erased many with the Sinop.

[-K-]
Members
7,317 posts
12,015 battles
15 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

No sign of that yet and if anything she will become a coal ship. The only thing remotely over powered about her is the Print-a-Shiptm damage repair.

You're right, she's not OP.  But you know that whole thing about creating artificial scarcity....

[CLARE]
Members
558 posts

Get it. When you need fire, it is the one to use. When you need to grind silver/xp/cap xp/free xp, use it in narai with dedicated group from operations channel. 

Members
2,957 posts
11,405 battles
15 hours ago, FitsHeSits said:

In Ranked Sprint I'd salivate at the sight of one and erased many with the Sinop

This last sprint I had 100% WR in Nelson.  I had fun in other ships, but most impossible games were in the Nelson.

[WOLF3]
Members
157 posts
7,541 battles
19 hours ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

I have not exactly 375k free XP but im like 50k away and im wondering should I go for it or should I wait to get like the new Italian cruisers or subs or anything (i like all types and have fun in them all).

I bought one and its only ok for the amount of time spent earning it. I would recommend alaska and wait. The nelson is not a real contender but just a novelty for enjoyment.

[-WTP-]
Members
952 posts
8,215 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

This last sprint I had 100% WR in Nelson.  I had fun in other ships, but most impossible games were in the Nelson.

That's fantastic to hear. Doesn't make me wrong.