Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

What is this WG

186 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

264
[3COWS]
Members
710 posts
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

ENOUGH WG!!!

ship with 0 aa in 3 cv match!!! seriously?

do you want your new players to uninstall the game or what? @Sub_Octavian

@Gneisenau013

@Femennenly@Bualar@turbo07

shot-19_09.25_22.30_09-0409.thumb.jpg.3c21f3db6358f8dce8fa5c9bdc773235.jpg

Anti Seal clubbing counter measures it seems. 

Sink 1 CV and 2 more shall take its place 

Hail Hydra..... oh wait,

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,086
[WGA]
Administrator
2,096 posts
14,609 battles

Monpetitloup,

Please consider that MM does not take into consideration the fit of ships when determining how games and teams are matched.

Additionally to this, 3 CV games are limited to lower tiers and only occur if initial match making is unable to create teams with 1/2 CVs.

Fem, 

 

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,087
[TARK]
Members
4,087 posts
1,616 battles
8 minutes ago, Salvo_Creative said:

Anti Seal clubbing counter measures it seems. 

Sink 1 CV and 2 more shall take its place 

Hail Hydra..... oh wait,

Indeed.

Hail Hydra!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,633 posts
18,015 battles

If I remember right their success is rated on how many people are playing them,  How else to pad the numbers but have multiple CV games where nobody can stop them heck I might go rebuy my T4CV so I can get in on the seal clubbing  and ruin the playing experience for the new people

 

 

 No I would feel bad doing that to the new ones

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[-RNG-]
Members
239 posts
11,772 battles
29 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Monpetitloup,

Please consider that MM does not take into consideration the fit of ships when determining how games and teams are matched.

Additionally to this, 3 CV games are limited to lower tiers and only occur if initial match making is unable to create teams with 1/2 CVs.

Fem

 

I think you have MM bass akwards! Why on EARTH do you allow multiple CV's in tiers with so little AA and then limit the tiers that actually HAVE AA? 1 CV per side per match and be F'in done with it WEEGEE 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
206 posts
1,751 battles

@Femennenly   that is understood .   The problem as perceived by many is the fact that 3 CV games happen at all at T3-4 games.   At these tier ship have effectively NO defense (or better said, no EFFECTIVE, defense) against CVs.   At this tier 1 CV per side is deadly by manageable,  2 CVs per side is near overwhelming and will be the deciding factor in a game but still something that can be managed...  but with 3 CVs per side its a complete turkey shoot with all other ships having little or no ability to affect the game.    3 CVs simply destroys the game experience... the FUN factor...  especially for new players that do not have the 1000s of battles it takes to build the awareness and knowledge needed to mitigate the impact of CV attacks.

I have no problems dealing with CVs at all tiers.   I will even go to say, from a DD driver's perspective, I enjoy the complexity they bring to the game.  

However, even I will say that 3 CVs in a T3-4 match is too much and currently happens too often.  My personal experience is that when I go to play/grind T3-4 ships I can expect to see 3 CV per side in 5 games in a 10 game session during at almost any time during the day on the NA server(s).   This mean to me, the player, that 50% of my time is non- enjoyable work and feeling like its work is not why people play a game.  Limiting to 2 per side at worst (one would be better) for any tier match may impact things like queue time or team sizes but would go a long way to improving game experience, the fun factor, for new (and new ish) players as well as long time veterans that enjoy the T3-4 play.

I respectfully submit this view point for WG's consideration.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,633 posts
18,015 battles
3 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

I want to play a three CV match! :Smile_playing: I’ve yet to see one these CV dominated games.

 Depending on what ship you're playing it can be really good or really bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,166 posts
6,302 battles
5 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

I want to play a three CV match! :Smile_playing: I’ve yet to see one these CV dominated games.

I played one earlier this morning...it was like seeing flies buzzing everywhere...the sky was getting dark LOL!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,633 posts
18,015 battles
3 minutes ago, BadWolfz said:

@Femennenly   that is understood .   The problem as perceived by many is the fact that 3 CV games happen at all at T3-4 games.   At these tier ship have effectively NO defense (or better said, no EFFECTIVE, defense) against CVs.   At this tier 1 CV per side is deadly by manageable,  2 CVs per side is near overwhelming and will be the deciding factor in a game but still something that can be managed...  but with 3 CVs per side its a complete turkey shoot with all other ships having little or no ability to affect the game.    3 CVs simply destroys the game experience... the FUN factor...  especially for new players that do not have the 1000s of battles it takes to build the awareness and knowledge needed to mitigate the impact of CV attacks.

I have no problems dealing with CVs at all tiers.   I will even go to say, from a DD driver's perspective, I enjoy the complexity they bring to the game.  

However, even I will say that 3 CVs in a T3-4 match is too much and currently happens too often.  My personal experience is that when I go to play/grind T3-4 ships I can expect to see 3 CV per side in 5 games in a 10 game session during at almost any time during the day on the NA server(s).   This mean to me, the player, that 50% of my time is non- enjoyable work and feeling like its work is not why people play a game.  Limiting to 2 per side at worst (one would be better) for any tier match may impact things like queue time or team sizes but would go a long way to improving game experience, the fun factor, for new (and new ish) players as well as long time veterans that enjoy the T3-4 play.

I respectfully submit this view point for WG's consideration.

 You forgot T4 CVs cant even call in the fighter consumable to help your friendlies out lol

 I don't play down there anymore because it's not fun but there were times where the attacks were non stop from multiple CVs until  i was dead and that is no fun there was even a few battles where I didn't even get the gun range before I was dead

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
767
[CVA16]
Members
4,025 posts
12,794 battles
29 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Please consider that MM does not take into consideration the fit of ships when determining how games and teams are matched.

Additionally to this, 3 CV games are limited to lower tiers and only occur if initial match making is unable to create teams with 1/2 CVs.

Fem, 

MM doesn't, but probably should. Especially since, as you point out, the ships with the worst AA (T3 and T4) will be the ones facing those 3 CV games. MM could always create max 2 CV games. The CV players can either wait a long time in the queue or PLAY A DIFFERENT SHIP (as those that complain about facing the CVs without effective AA are often admonished).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,480
[RKLES]
Members
10,721 posts
12,355 battles
29 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Monpetitloup,

Please consider that MM does not take into consideration the fit of ships when determining how games and teams are matched.

Additionally to this, 3 CV games are limited to lower tiers and only occur if initial match making is unable to create teams with 1/2 CVs.

Fem, 

 

@Femennenly I have to agree with OP, and the fit of ships while variable in most ships should know when ships Wargaming added in have AA rating of 0 with no ability for a player to add any sort of upgrade that gives them AA. So not really a matter of the fit of ships, but the basic stats and abilities WG gives the ships. Having to face air attacks when new players are still trying to learn to steer their ships, operate the guns, and other things new players deal with. Last thing they need is all those CVs in battles.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[DJL]
Members
151 posts
5,127 battles

Truthfully it should be 1 cv per match at any tier. I am a cv main and I say if I have to wait longer to get a 1 on 1 cv match so be it. It is down right depressing for anyone to face muti cv's  lower tiers even more so.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,404
[OO7]
Members
5,756 posts
12,700 battles
35 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Monpetitloup,

Please consider that MM does not take into consideration the fit of ships when determining how games and teams are matched.

Additionally to this, 3 CV games are limited to lower tiers and only occur if initial match making is unable to create teams with 1/2 CVs.

Fem, 

 

How much fun does a new player have to have in t3 ships against 3 cvs with no counter play against them before they decide that they've had too much fun and go play another game?

I challenge WG employees to go play through all the t3 ships right now during prime time and come back and say that everything is fine. 

  • Cool 11
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,064
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,763 posts
9,171 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

How much fun does a new player have to have in t3 ships against 3 cvs with no counter play against them before they decide that they've had too much fun and go play another game?

a new player is in protected MM, they don't see CVs. I have started an alt, and have not seen a cv once in 200 battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[NSEW]
Members
1,530 posts
9,702 battles
6 minutes ago, BadWolfz said:

@Femennenly   that is understood .   The problem as perceived by many is the fact that 3 CV games happen at all at T3-4 games.   At these tier ship have effectively NO defense (or better said, no EFFECTIVE, defense) against CVs.   At this tier 1 CV per side is deadly by manageable,  2 CVs per side is near overwhelming and will be the deciding factor in a game but still something that can be managed...  but with 3 CVs per side its a complete turkey shoot with all other ships having little or no ability to affect the game.    3 CVs simply destroys the game experience... the FUN factor...  especially for new players that do not have the 1000s of battles it takes to build the awareness and knowledge needed to mitigate the impact of CV attacks.

I have no problems dealing with CVs at all tiers.   I will even go to say, from a DD driver's perspective, I enjoy the complexity they bring to the game.  

However, even I will say that 3 CVs in a T3-4 match is too much and currently happens too often.  My personal experience is that when I go to play/grind T3-4 ships I can expect to see 3 CV per side in 5 games in a 10 game session during at almost any time during the day on the NA server(s).   This mean to me, the player, that 50% of my time is non- enjoyable work and feeling like its work is not why people play a game.  Limiting to 2 per side at worst (one would be better) for any tier match may impact things like queue time or team sizes but would go a long way to improving game experience, the fun factor, for new (and new ish) players as well as long time veterans that enjoy the T3-4 play.

I respectfully submit this view point for WG's consideration.

Well said. I agree fully. Not many new players will have the absolute certainty that they will grind past tier 3 onwards. This is just a guessing game. Data or no data, if a new player gets tired of being in a constant game of 2 CV's per side or even 1 CV. Get focused in every match, then that player may just quit. We live in the time of "instant gratification", albeit unfortunately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,170
[5D]
Members
3,010 posts
19,063 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

How much fun does a new player have to have in t3 ships against 3 cvs with no counter play against them before they decide that they've had too much fun and go play another game?

I challenge WG employees to go play through all the t3 ships right now during prime time and come back and say that everything is fine. 

How many new players would actually have that ship since it was a reward ship from a mission? Not sure many new players would go buy a T3 ship in the armory or shop if it's offered there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,041
[VW]
Members
3,202 posts
16,233 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

How many new players would actually have that ship since it was a reward ship from a mission? Not sure many new players would go buy a T3 ship in the armory or shop if it's offered there.

because buggy eater is not a tier 3 tech tree ship with 0 aa as well? do you play the game?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,404
[OO7]
Members
5,756 posts
12,700 battles
2 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

How many new players would actually have that ship since it was a reward ship from a mission? Not sure many new players would go buy a T3 ship in the armory or shop if it's offered there.

By new, I mean under 1k battles. Any tech tree ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,626
[KNMSU]
Members
6,807 posts
7,429 battles
53 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

ENOUGH WG!!!

ship with 0 aa in 3 cv match!!! seriously?

do you want your new players to uninstall the game or what? @Sub_Octavian

@Gneisenau013

@Femennenly@Bualar@turbo07

shot-19_09.25_22.30_09-0409.thumb.jpg.3c21f3db6358f8dce8fa5c9bdc773235.jpg

Working as in-blended.

Take two parts bad ideas, one tablespoon of programming skill, three wagon loads of ill-gotten cash, and a pinch of good intentions. Mix thoroughly. Let stand for one hour. Release to public consumption, then needle and blame them for rejecting it.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
715
[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
51 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Monpetitloup,

Please consider that MM does not take into consideration the fit of ships when determining how games and teams are matched.

Additionally to this, 3 CV games are limited to lower tiers and only occur if initial match making is unable to create teams with 1/2 CVs.

Fem, 

 

I cant imagine this is a good way to keep new players. I suppose it's possible that the devs have written off the prospect for new players though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×