Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Exploring a No AFT Atlanta in Sprint

7 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
3,136 posts
12,662 battles

This game I go over some idea on how to make this ship work for you.  Its important to note while I use islands frequently, its not required for this build if I can kite a ship one v one.

• Cool 1

[PAK]
Beta Testers
30 posts

I hit Rank 1 using the Atlanta.  My advice for Atlanta is find a nice island.  Settle down, have some kids and use that fire hose of a ship to torch everything.  Love that ship.

[TASH]
Members
2 posts
5,518 battles

I ran no AFT Atlanta in ranked as well, managed to stay in the super unicum PR range. I ran bft over si though, as I never really needed 4 radars and the reload was always useful. I actually prefer no AFT Atlanta in randoms as well for the reason you outlined, having a Max detection of 11km even when shooting is incredibly beneficial, especially if you are kiting or playing open water. Glad to see that I'm not crazy for advocating a no AFT build. 

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles

What timing

Today I bought Atlanta and threw no AFT Worcester Cpt on her and first match was Estuary (good) tier IX (bad), I did rather well. I am going to explore an AFT build at some point, 

[UNNAT]
Members
550 posts
5,140 battles

I prefer a no CE build on my Atlanta, I can still hit consistently at long ranges with with so I find AFT works well for me.

Members
2,161 posts
6,363 battles

After 10 peoples alternating my Gearing and Worcester captains, the former with BFT/DE, the latter with IFHE, and then playing with a 10pt AFT/BFT Captain, I'm thinking AFT is too important.

It's only 2km but I found myself chasing that 11.1km target too much, which means I'll need a dedicated Atlanta  cpt, which is a major bummer.

Side note,  10 battles , 8 of them were tier IX. This is gonna improve my play and destroy my sanity.

With all the island hugging I'm not sure CE is required until late game but we'll  see.

I'm  thinking

PT

AR LS

BFT DE

IFHE AFT

Edited by why_u_heff_to_be_mad

Sign in to follow this