You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thornir

Is your Ranked WR better than your Randoms WR?

13 comments in this topic

Members
2,844 posts
6,422 battles

Boy, Mine sure is.

I've played every ranked season and sprint after the first.

380 battles, 56% WR overall, 1535 XP, 0.95 frag rate. I have a total of 4 sprint battles in a Division.

37% survival rate playing DDs 92% of the time.

In Randoms I have a 52.88% overall WR, with a 53.64% WR in DDs. 28% Survival rate.

Now, I've only bothered to rank out once - the most recent Sprint.

I was thinking that the reason I'm doing better is because I wasn't going into the "tougher" matches. But my WR for the event I did complete was 71% and I won my last 4 in a row, carrying hard in a couple of them, to finish. And, the POINT of ranked is to pair you with other players of approximately the same performance, so...

So, I don't know what to think. Ranked is easier than randoms?

Or maybe it's just easier to do DD stuff when there's limited opposition? But less opposition means less opportunity to do stuff too, so...

IDK.

What are your thoughts and experience?

Note: This isn't the thread for ranting about MM and rigged this or that, ok? This isn't the thread you're looking for. That's the thread after this one. :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFG]
Members
7,027 posts
5,038 battles

Your random battles include everything since the beginning.

Your rank battles are for a more experienced version of you.

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles

It looks like in all the "regular" ranked seasons you've done, you haven't sunk a lot of games into them so even with your good winning rate you've only gone beyond Rank 10 once.  So mostly you're matching up against people in the bottom half of the player-base, skillwise.  If you continued on and logged a lot of battles in the 10-6 and 5-2 brackets your ranked win rate would probably be closer to your random win rate, or possibly worse.

Ranked sprint is a different beast with fewer stars per rank, lots more irrevocable ranks, and there's only one league so everybody's mixed together no matter how good or bad they've been doing.  

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
5,788 posts
12,700 battles

With a smaller team, a good player and a bad player are way more able to make their presence known. Make a mistake early and the enemy team has a huge advantage. The question becomes who can capitalize on the first mistake. 

But where you play in ranked has a lot to do with win rate. I expect my win rate to be lower the higher league I am in. 

Currently, 61% in solo randoms and 60% in ranked (with some divs in sprint). I'm happy if I can maintain my solo win rate in ranked that I do in randoms. 

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

I've had 80% and above win rates in ranked sprint 3 times but my normal ranked is less than my general win rate. It's all over the place. 

Ive only ever ranked out in ranked sprint but never normal ranked. 

The past 2 days I've gained a 48% win rate but Monday I had a 65% win rate for the day all in randoms. Despite that my average damage score has risen in the last few days too. 

I think that I'm better at figuring things out in ranked with the small teams. The larger teams are all over the place. I can identify patterns in teams during ranked sprint and capitalize on them but during ranked I cant and during randoms its hit or miss. I do think the set Tier for ranked modes helps too.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,811 posts
13,851 battles

sprint rankeds are silly, with a division is really easy to win.

Normal rankeds are a hell grinding...

i'm sadily with only 54.68% in rankeds with 3k battles and 60.86% in normal battles [8900 battles]

[-TKS-]
Members
1,019 posts
8,057 battles
21 minutes ago, Thornir said:

sure is

49% random, 50% ranked, 52% in season 13 (my first rank out). 

18 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Your random battles include everything since the beginning

that is partially it, plus, sometimes in random, your downing some beers and trying questionable strategies.. because that is what hero's do. 

16 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

If you continued on and logged a lot of battles in the 10-6 and 5-2 brackets your ranked win rate would probably be closer to your random win rate, or possibly worse.

agree here... in regular ranked my w/r until R10 is 80%, then drops, and then drops again at R5. but I really really like Ranked in the third league. 

Members
79 posts
3,305 battles

worse.  46.11% Ranked, 53.3% Randoms

Members
1,728 posts
12,457 battles

Ranked should be more detrimental to your winrate than randoms if you are constantly pushing to rank 1. 

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles
6 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

in regular ranked my w/r until R10 is 80%, then drops, and then drops again at R5. but I really really like Ranked in the third league. 

I'm similar but not as good.  Above R10 is a breeze, 10-6 I can make steady progress.  Once I hit rank 5 I usually find that I am neither the reason why my team wins nor the reason why it loses, so I settle in around 50%.  Only season I've ranked out so far is the one where the availability of rental ships diluted the talent pool more than usual.

Members
164 posts
12,426 battles
45 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Boy, Mine sure is.

I've played every ranked season and sprint after the first.

380 battles, 56% WR overall, 1535 XP, 0.95 frag rate. I have a total of 4 sprint battles in a Division.

37% survival rate playing DDs 92% of the time.

In Randoms I have a 52.88% overall WR, with a 53.64% WR in DDs. 28% Survival rate.

Now, I've only bothered to rank out once - the most recent Sprint.

I was thinking that the reason I'm doing better is because I wasn't going into the "tougher" matches. But my WR for the event I did complete was 71% and I won my last 4 in a row, carrying hard in a couple of them, to finish. And, the POINT of ranked is to pair you with other players of approximately the same performance, so...

So, I don't know what to think. Ranked is easier than randoms?

Or maybe it's just easier to do DD stuff when there's limited opposition? But less opposition means less opportunity to do stuff too, so...

IDK.

What are your thoughts and experience?

Note: This isn't the thread for ranting about MM and rigged this or that, ok? This isn't the thread you're looking for. That's the thread after this one. :Smile_veryhappy:

Ranked is a different game.... The main difference is fewer ships. With less shells being fired at you you're gonna live more often.... The fewer the ships per team the more your individual input impacts the battle. Just my 2 cents. 

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,746 posts
12,099 battles

Better win rate in ranked, but I am a better player so I hope I am contributing more to the battle...less players the more a player sticks out either potato or unicom and everything in between.  If your a bad player, and there are lots of them in ranked, your going to drag your team down and it takes some good game play to over come that.  If your lucky and are on a team with a good 2 player Div, your win chances went way up!