Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

should I start working up the Russian BB line?

16 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,338 posts
10,264 battles

I do not have a Russian tech tree BB. I prefer Ops to randoms so having another T6 & T7 BB does look appealing. I have faced these ships in randoms and caught a few broadside to me. Yes, I did sink a few quickly. I've also seen how well hey bow tank.

I have NOT seen Russian BB's in lower than T6 battles. Are they about the same as T6 & up?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,689 posts
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

I do not have a Russian tech tree BB. I prefer Ops to randoms so having another T6 & T7 BB does look appealing. I have faced these ships in randoms and caught a few broadside to me. Yes, I did sink a few quickly. I've also seen how well hey bow tank.

I have NOT seen Russian BB's in lower than T6 battles. Are they about the same as T6 & up?

I think the the Sinop is a good BB for Narai.

[H_]
Members
2,928 posts
13,379 battles

I am not a Russian BB expert.  Just so you know that up front.  I have received the T5 through T8 BB's in crates and events...  And, I'm going to grind up because I have several now.  As @Burnsy just said above, in scenarios they do quite well....!!!

I have played them in Randoms a few times and as with all BB's, if someone makes a mistake situationally, they can and do "take care of business'...  Other than that, I'd take my Tirpitz or Yammy over them most days.

[WOLFG]
Members
7,019 posts
5,021 battles

Tough as nails from the front, but you can dev strike them from the side with onion breath.

Slow reload, turret rotation varies.

With limited heals and DCP, Superintendant is important.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,276 posts
17,751 battles
10 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I have videos in the relevant threads here and on YouTube showing how they excel in Operations. 

[RELAX]
Members
1,144 posts
8,654 battles

Yes Russian BB's are fun. You can go toe to toe with any BB if you play them right and don't go broadside to another BB.

[TDRB]
Members
3,338 posts
10,264 battles
5 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

I have videos in the relevant threads here and on YouTube showing how they excel in Operations. 

I see them often in Hoperations but you guys cover their weaknesses in operations very well. I'll check your videos.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,276 posts
17,751 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

I see them often in Hoperations but you guys cover their weaknesses in operations very well. I'll check your videos.

Don't forget you can hop into the Discord to talk it over through voice as well. 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
701 posts
14,933 battles
25 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The vid below sums up the strengths and weaknesses of the RU bbs.

Hard hitters with squishy sides. Learn to angle properly and forget about the back guns and they are great fun.

I am having a fabulous time with the T6 to the T8. Will unlock the T9 tonight with the intent of getting to the T10 asap.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,855 posts
9,017 battles

Sinop is the height of the line, the high tier ones really feel the bad dispersion at medium range and past. German BBs have more advantages there. Kreml with only 9 guns with that dispersion feels like a dedicated tank with unreliable guns more so than Kurfurst is.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,460 posts
4,898 battles

I'm through to T8 and have only been piddling with it really...running  a few bonus wins with them.. I did do Ranked sprint with a lot of Sinop games this season...  However for a very challenged BB player I have to say this has been the easiest grind to 8 that I have had to date in this game.. They are at least adequate at every tier and damn near the dreaded other word at others.    

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,272 battles

IF you know how to bow tank by reversing and going forward to bounce incoming shells off your deck, understand how to hold a <30% angle to your target and use terrain to cover your open side, know how to mitigate fire damage by efficiently healing and damage conning, understand how and when to shoot for the super structure and when to shoot for the citadel and when to shoot for center mass armor belt and what ships to do it on while having around a 30-40% acc rate from t6+ they are extremely strong to OP.

Alternatively if you just shoot center mass on everything and angle well they are good. 

If you don't do any of that and turn in the open while wasting shoots on bad targets or try to sit back and snipe with them in the open, or push to within 5km of the middle of the map alone they are free xp for the enemy team.

While you can apply that logic to all BBs it more strongly applies to the Russian ones, they have the ability to full on bow tank as all Bbs had before the deck nerf which is what is making them very strong in the hands of players who know how to play that style from the old days. Coupled with strong AA and Adrenaline rush with premium commanders that have EM buffs they are extremely potent in a good players hands.

Beta Testers
111 posts
8,607 battles

Either play to Sinop and stop or grind thru to 10 (keeping Sinop on the way). Kremlin is a fun boat but can be very challenging to play. Sinop is a beast at tier 7. Plus, it's one of the prettier battleships out, especially on tier. 

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,746 posts
12,099 battles

Have played T5-T9, found T5/6/7 most enjoyable and decreasing amounts of fun as I level them up.  T9 has been a trial for me, some very good games, but more bad.  Bad because I think I can tank everything and if your down tiered your a beast, but up tiered your very vulnerable and not as tanky.  I would rate the T9 Russian BB the worst T9, (worse meaning fun game play and consistent games)  but that's me.  Kremlin seems the bomb, but not as sure as I once was of its abilities...it probably will never get close to overtaking the Repub as my Fav.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,459 posts
20,530 battles

With the nature of Tier VI & VII Operations, Izmail and Sinop are very good.  Sinop in Secondary Spec meshes very well with Operation Narai and is a monster.  PVE tend to feature shorter range engagements quite a bit, the kind of fight the gunnery RU BBs excel in.

They're also respectably fast.

VI Izmail 28kts, while NM & AZ are 21kts.  Izmail also features great gunnery.

VII Sinop 27kts, while LOLORADO is 21kts.  Gneisenau, Scharnhorst are faster but they don't have the powerful 406mm 3x3 gunnery Sinop has.  Unlike LOLORADO, Sinop actually can hit things.  Quite well.

Sinop is a highlight ship of this Line, IMO.  Best?  Debatable, but her name should be up there contending for that title with Kremlin.  IMO, her gunnery felt quite right, and is the best overall set of Battleship guns in Tier VII.

AA is a generally sore point for this Line, unless you're with Kremlin in Tier X.  For PVP I'd be wary about getting picked out by a CV.  The AP Dive Bombers WILL Citadel you with ease.  The vast majority of RU BBs have long hulls, do turns lazily, and have some of the lowest TDS out there, so Torpedo Bombers, any torpedo attacks, are a significant threat.  But for PVE, the bot CVs can't hit sh*t in Co-op and there are no enemy airstrikes in Operations, not even Narai.

The biggest weakness of the Line are weak sides, Citadel protection.  That must constantly be guarded or you'll lose a big chunk of your total HP in one go.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this