You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anij

Sound Fix Needed or Option

18 comments in this topic

Members
437 posts
9,433 battles

The sound is so broken.

The engines sound awful, The fire sounds terrible, you cant hear friendly ship guns fire, the horrendous fire klaxon is the most annoying

There are few ways to fix this 

1. Revert back to 8.7 sounds asap or in the next patch
  2. Give players the option to download 8.7 sound files 
  3. Give players a more comprehensive sound control menu

Finally-->Fire the audio team or who ever is in charge of that department because I am pretty sure they have lived there whole life in a sound proof room, stare at silent movies of warships and are DEAF!

you might need this

Image result for fake pink slip generator

Edited by Anij
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WGA]
Administrator
2,107 posts
14,612 battles

Heyo Anij,

We know that in 0.8.8.0 sounds were bad, it was not intentional but caused by a series of bugs with the new sound engine. Majority of issues were resolved with the Hotfix that was specific to the sound engine, details of it can be found:

We furthermore followed up with a PSA on adjusting sounds following on from the engine here:

Instead of unjustifiably calling for staff to lose their jobs, if you are still experiencing sound related bugs, help document them in the appropriate thread so that we can see to making work on getting them resolved. 

Fem, 

• Angry 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles

I'm loving the new sounds. The guns sound much better than they did before. Granted there was some bugs but the pay off is worth it.

My biggest gripe is how when i'm in looking through the binocs at height its like i've left the ship and am way above it listening to the wind. Can't hear the engines unless i'm all the way down at boat level.

[CMFRT]
Members
10,431 posts

There are certainly some issues still to address*, but the hotfix made significant progress in cleaning up the initial problems. 

(* Still sounds like something in a frying pan when any ship nearby is on fire, for example...) 

Members
206 posts
1,751 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Still sounds like something in a frying pan when any ship nearby is on fire

reminds me of bacon cooking up..... mmmmmmmm   BACON!!!     Damn, now i'm hungry 

[GWG]
Supertester
22,872 posts
12,799 battles

To be honest the 8.8.0 sounds didn't bother me and you could turn them down in the settings. Now in 8.8.1 they all sound muffled unless I turn my system volume up quite a bit. The secondaries were a bit soft in 8.8.0 and now are almost inaudible.

[CMFRT]
Members
10,431 posts
26 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

To be honest the 8.8.0 sounds didn't bother me and you could turn them down in the settings. Now in 8.8.1 they all sound muffled unless I turn my system volume up quite a bit. The secondaries were a bit soft in 8.8.0 and now are almost inaudible.

Not sure what's going on -- experiences have been very varied. 

in 0.8.8.0, I could not hear the secondaries without the main guns blowing me out of my chair.  

Now, 0.8.8.1, I can hear the secondaries with the mains at a reasonable volume. 

[GWG]
Supertester
22,872 posts
12,799 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not sure what's going on -- experiences have been very varied. 

in 0.8.8.0, I could not hear the secondaries without the main guns blowing me out of my chair.  

Now, 0.8.8.1, I can hear the secondaries with the mains at a reasonable volume. 

Damn, I meant AA which for most people is the queue to hit the O key.

[CMFRT]
Members
10,431 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Damn, I meant AA which for most people is the queue to hit the O key.

Same thing happened with AA that happened to secondaries with me -- one of my big issues with the original new sound was losing that info from the sound of secondaries and AA when the mains were down to a comfortable level.  

And yeah, as much as some people like immersion, I'm far more interested in the sounds as information. 

[GWG]
Supertester
22,872 posts
12,799 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Same thing happened with AA that happened to secondaries with me -- one of my big issues with the original new sound was losing that info from the sound of secondaries and AA when the mains were down to a comfortable level.  

And yeah, as much as some people like immersion, I'm far more interested in the sounds as information. 

The AA is still soft but detectable for me. I wish I could turn it up more.

[PVE]
Members
1,708 posts
7,649 battles

Seems as though everyone is having different issues and opinions, if anything my sound is great, a little loud perhaps but other than that it all sounds better than it did.

[SRPH]
Members
1,012 posts
2,797 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

There are certainly some issues still to address*, but the hotfix made significant progress in cleaning up the initial problems. 

(* Still sounds like something in a frying pan when any ship nearby is on fire, for example...) 

I have yet to see a response regarding the fire klaxon and crackling sounds issue...must have them tied to the SFX slider that also controls gunfire sounds, et al, making it a not-so-easy fix without programming yet another slider, so they are ignoring it for now and hoping we'll forget about the whole thing.

[CMFRT]
Members
10,431 posts
Just now, Bonfor said:

I have yet to see a response regarding the fire klaxon and crackling sounds issue...must have them tied to the SFX slider that also controls gunfire sounds, et al, making it a not-so-easy fix without programming yet another slider, so they are ignoring it for now and hoping we'll forget about the whole thing.

Yeah, I can't really forget about the fire and flood sounds / klaxons, reminders happen often enough.  IMO, it's over the top, I don't need two audible warnings AND the animated warning AND the warning on my ship / UI indicators. 

• Cool 1

Members
437 posts
9,433 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Anij,

We know that in 0.8.8.0 sounds were bad, it was not intentional but caused by a series of bugs with the new sound engine. Majority of issues were resolved with the Hotfix that was specific to the sound engine, details of it can be found:

We furthermore followed up with a PSA on adjusting sounds following on from the engine here:

Instead of unjustifiably calling for staff to lose their jobs, if you are still experiencing sound related bugs, help document them in the appropriate thread so that we can see to making work on getting them resolved. 

Fem, 

https://www.iqs.com/building-a-sound-quality-management-system/

just trying to help and I sincerely apologize I forgot to add this

https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/beta-testing/

Edited by Anij

[USCN]
Beta Testers
2,784 posts
23,230 battles
3 hours ago, Anij said:

The sound is so broken.

The engines sound awful, The fire sounds terrible, you cant hear friendly ship guns fire, the horrendous fire klaxon is the most annoying

There are few ways to fix this 

1. Revert back to 8.7 sounds asap or in the next patch
  2. Give players the option to download 8.7 sound files 
  3. Give players a more comprehensive sound control menu

Finally-->Fire the audio team or who ever is in charge of that department because I am pretty sure they have lived there whole life in a sound proof room, stare at silent movies of warships and are DEAF!

you might need this

Image result for fake pink slip generator

WG should Revert back to 8.7 instead of these ineffective patches until they get it Fixed 100%.right ! 

[CMFRT]
Members
10,431 posts
1 hour ago, Tachnechdorus said:

WG should Revert back to 8.7 instead of these ineffective patches until they get it Fixed 100%.right ! 

WG says they've looked into that, and the sound is integrated into the rest of the code far enough that going backwards would take as much time and effort as going forwards and continuing to make improvements on the new sounds. 

• Confused 1

Members
55 posts
5,922 battles

I don't think its the devs that need to be fired.  Look to the suits.  They are probably leaning on the devs so hard to get the next gimmick out the door that we now have bugs showing up and the resultant attitude is "stuff is going to

break and we'll address the problems when we can".

I have had an ammo loading problem on one of my ships that I brought up 3 or 4 patches ago that still exists and a port display problem from 2 patches ago that I mentioned that also hasn't been fixed.  Now the

sound is so bad that I've turned it completely off.  I don't remember having any software problems  prior to the 8 series of updates and patches.

To me all this suggests that the devs have been swamped with tasks and with such limited time to come up with something -- anything-- that quality is suffering.  Time to hire more devs, not fire them.